What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Future potential of Darren Sproles? (1 Viewer)

his size is a obvious bump in the road but coud he be worked into a reggie bush type role?? i can't believe LT will have more than 1more year in him as a charger and even next year it will be a heavier split with someone. sproles would certainly need to be tandem'd with a pounder(oh like Mike Turner would have been nice, thanx AJ Smith) if given more touches. or is he destined for the leon washington or kevin faulk(more explosive form) and no more?

don't want to throw a wrench into the machine here, but I think SD's starting RB for 2009 ( and beyond) , just might be Michael Bush, currently on Oakland's roster..they nearly acquired him before this year's trade deadline. I get the feeling the Chargers' front office will make a move for Bush in the off-season...

Please report to the "Has the Torch Been passed" Sproles thread.TIA
Darren Sproles is not a Starting Rnning Back. Why do people think this?He is a great committee/change back with versatility and extreme speed on the outskirts. He will never be featured 20+ in a game. EVER.

I believe he is a UFA at season's end, good chance he's not even a Charger in 2009 if that's the case.

I think the kid's got part 1 of a committee upside. I don't think he can handle a 300+ touch workload, but 250ish? Absolutely. He's a special player.

I believe he is a UFA at season's end, good chance he's not even a Charger in 2009 if that's the case.I think the kid's got part 1 of a committee upside. I don't think he can handle a 300+ touch workload, but 250ish? Absolutely. He's a special player.
Correct, Sproles will be an UFA.250 touches is a little high for my liking. It's not that I don't think he can handle it, but 250 touches would make him the primary RB on most teams, and I don't see any team signing him to be that. 200 might even be pushing it for me, but it's tough to say until we know where he's playing next year.I agree that Sproles is a special talent though. I view him like I do Leon Washington, and that he should be getting the ball 10 times a game. You just never know what might happen when the ball is in their hands.

I believe he is a UFA at season's end, good chance he's not even a Charger in 2009 if that's the case.I think the kid's got part 1 of a committee upside. I don't think he can handle a 300+ touch workload, but 250ish? Absolutely. He's a special player.
Correct, Sproles will be an UFA.250 touches is a little high for my liking. It's not that I don't think he can handle it, but 250 touches would make him the primary RB on most teams, and I don't see any team signing him to be that. 200 might even be pushing it for me, but it's tough to say until we know where he's playing next year.I agree that Sproles is a special talent though. I view him like I do Leon Washington, and that he should be getting the ball 10 times a game. You just never know what might happen when the ball is in their hands.
Washington is a good fantasy value/role compare, Jerious Norwood is too, and let's throw Felix Jones in, what the heck. I actually think Sproles has better inside running instincts than any of those three, and it wouldn't shock me to see his new team give him more work, maybe on purpose, maybe by accident if the RBs ahead of/sharing with him go down. Sproles ran inside just fine in the Big XII, and I think he can do it in the NFL, even if he doesn't hold up for long when he is asked to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread