What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

G Hayes (1 Viewer)

Goldalene

Footballguy
Is Hayes being phased out by someone or is he just performing badly at the moment? Is he in danger of being replaced?

Hayes has not been playing in nickel packages for the past month. His down trend has also coincided with the return of a healthy Adrian Wilson.

Thanks, and sorry, I did mean Gerald, forgot to add the team name. Who's been replacing him in the Nickel? (Trying to gauge his long term value as well).

Thanks, and sorry, I did mean Gerald, forgot to add the team name. Who's been replacing him in the Nickel? (Trying to gauge his long term value as well).
John Norton talked about this situation in his week 11 Eyes of the Guru article. There is really a lot of great IDP material to be found here as a subscriber. If you play in IDP leagues you might want to think about signing up.

The Cardinals have a number of variations in their subpackages and very rarely play a 4-2-5 with both Dansby and Hayes on the field at the same time. They'll often have a bunch of tweeners in a 3-3-5 look or six DBs and drop Wilson into the box in a 3-3-5 or a 4-2-5 look.Dansby, Wilson, Rolle and Hood are the only Cardinals that are safe bets to play every down right now.

Hayes has not been playing in nickel packages for the past month. His down trend has also coincided with the return of a healthy Adrian Wilson.
With the Cardinals playing tonight I figured I'd bump this thread to get any info prior to game time...Is Adrian Wilson 'all systems go' today or will he be limited? I love the matchup at Philly but am unsure about his shoulder.

Hayes a good play today with every day duty? Will Zona never leave the nickel with Hayes and Dansby? Do they play Dime?

Hayes a good play today with every day duty? Will Zona never leave the nickel with Hayes and Dansby? Do they play Dime?
I've still seen some 3-3-5 with the 4-2-5, safeties with backers in the box at times lately. But Hayes is back in some of those packages and should continue to be without Haggans or LaBoy available today. Dansby is probably the better play, but Hayes and Wilson should be plenty busy with draws and short passes to backs and Welker.

Users who are viewing this thread