GMFB | "Revenge game for Aaron Rodgers!" - Kyle can't wait Packers vs Detroit Lions Week 18
100% of the narratives I have seen this week (when we occasionally take a short break from Hamlin discussion) has been Aaron Rodgers, running the table, Green Bay in cold weather against a dome team. Such an amazing story they've come back from 3-6 and 4-8.
The other team -
I double checked, there is one - started out 1-6.
A year removed from trading away the face of the franchise, 2nd youngest roster in the league, by a country mile playing rookies more snaps than any other team. This wasn't supposed to be their year to compete for a division title, and they didn't; that's Y3 of the rebuild. But they're learning how to trust one another and they found different ways to win games.
- WK 9 tough low scoring defensive matchup GB 15-9
- cold weather road win: Bears (OK, but they're still an NFL team)
- cold weather road win: 7-2 Giants
- comfortable 3-phase dominating wins: Jax, MIN (score was close, game was not), CHI
- comeback wins: @CHI, @NYJ
- lost a close one (25-28) to BUF on Thanksgiving which was almost as annoying as the @ MIN loss....also lost by 3 to PHI but never felt like that one was going to go their way.,..man, they were so close to having an actual good year instead of a pretty good for the Lions year
When they were 1-6 they fired the DBs assistant coach and traded TJ Hockenson. With the exception of the Carolina disaster, the defense has been solid. Creating a lot of turnovers and the DL is getting sacks without blitzing. On the TE front, they set a team record with 12 TDs (3 to Hock, 1 to the 5th round rookie, 8 to a pair of UDFAs.)
Highly ironic that Goff and Detroit need the Rams to do them a solid to make this a winner takes #7 matchup. But I have a feeling Dan Campbell will have them ready regardless of what's at stake.