What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W12: New Orleans @ New York Jets (1 Viewer)

I'm looking forward to the game tonight. ESPN is already overplaying the Katrina angle (IMO), but as a Jets fan this is a chance to actually look decent for the first time in a long time. Games @Atl, @Car, @Den and vs. SD were very tough; against a team more on the Jets level, I hope to actually get some enjoyment for a change tonight.I'm still not exactly sure how the Jets are going to score, and fans of neither team will probably have a tough time watching this one.

Fearless predictions:

1. Aaron Stecker gets more PT, especially in the passing game, because the Jets will bottle up Horn and Stallworth.

2. The total score will be less than 30 points

3. Curtis Martin will get plenty of love by the Three Stooges (Theisman, Maguire, Patrick)

4. Coles will have 7 recs, but less than 80 yards.

5. Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart will be mentioned as possible Jets next season.

I really, really, really need the Saints to cover the 1.5 their giving the Jets.That may make up for the fact that I had the highest score of the year in my one league only to be going up against the guy who managed to get 20 on top of that.

I dont' think I've ever seen a crowd so quiet that the ref didn't need to turn his mike on to announce a penalty.

I going to head into the office and work...which will be more enjoy then watching this game or thinking about my FF teams taking a dump.

Interesting stat of the day...The Jets rank 3rd in QBRating Allowed. (As a DTBC guy, I can say that this is actually a very important stat).Chicago ranks 1st, Cincinnati ranks 2nd, the Jets 3rd.

As a very reluctant Martin owner, why are they running Houston this early in the game? Just to see what the kid can do? A sign of things to come?

Interesting stat of the day...

The Jets rank 3rd in QBRating Allowed. (As a DTBC guy, I can say that this is actually a very important stat).

Chicago ranks 1st, Cincinnati ranks 2nd, the Jets 3rd.
For completeness' sake...30) San Francisco

31) Tennessee

32) Houston

As a very reluctant Martin owner, why are they running Houston this early in the game? Just to see what the kid can do? A sign of things to come?
If Houston isn't punting, it's not a sign of things to come.

I think we are going to see a glimpse of what to expect from C Mart for the rest of the season. This game will say a lot about whether he can't hit 1,000 yards.

I appreciate the wit, but given I was not skilled enough to procure a RB2 who can realistically best Martin, I'd be interested if Houston was a temporary phenomenon, or a sign of a RBBC? I'd hate to be starting Adrian Peterson the rest of the way :no:

I appreciate the wit, but given I was not skilled enough to procure a RB2 who can realistically best Martin, I'd be interested if Houston was a temporary phenomenon, or a sign of a RBBC? I'd hate to be starting Adrian Peterson the rest of the way :no:
That run by Martin should make you happy.Congrats to Martin for hitting the 14K mark for his career. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

ESPN should run a Poll:"How many viewers are watching this game strictly for Donte Stallworth's fantasy numbers?"My guess: 83%

Something tells me this isn't going to be as good as the Seahawks-Giants game. :no:
Hey, we only need another 480 more posts here to equal that thread.Um, we could talk about which NY kicker is better.

Users who are viewing this thread