What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W13 - Denver V San Diego (1 Viewer)

Plummer scares the #### out of me every time he airs that thing out. Seems to be the only way they can move the ball, either Lelie (or sometimes Watts) makes a huge catch, or they get the interference call. Seems VERY risky, and I'm surprised more D's haven't found a way to pick that off every time.But hey, it worked this time. :thumbup:
One too many. :no:

I was watching this game on the internet stat tracker.All I can say is BAHAHAHAHAH! RUN THE BALL YOU MORONS BAHAHAH!

There was just no reason for a stupid call like that. You now have the game under control and you try to get cutesy.

guys seriously, Plummer has matured since Arizona. He can lead Denver to a championship. Peter King isn't a fool. Shanahan is an offensive genius.

They had first down on the 7. I can't even believe it. Guess they felt they couldn't get 7 yards in 4 attempts. EXPLAIN THE F#$$)(&NG play calling, please?!

They had first down on the 7. I can't even believe it. Guess they felt they couldn't get 7 yards in 4 attempts. EXPLAIN THE F#$$)(&NG play calling, please?!
I thought Shanny was a mastermind???Out of town on a rail.What an idiot call. He had a tie in the bag!!!

Shanahan just cost the team 40 seconds on the clock. There were 2:46 left on the clock and he calls a timeout - if he lets the clock run, the Chargers can wait until the last second to snap the ball, but still have to run a second play with just over 2 minutes left, then they get the two minute warning, and the Broncos can use the timeout after the two minute warning. By calling the timeout after the first play, the Chargers run their second play before the two minute warning (that they would have run anyways), then let the clock go to the two minute warning. The Chargers end up running the same number of plays before the two minute warning, but the Broncos have one fewer timeout. Terrible clock management.

At least it wasn't the 15 yarder. Nothing worse than a penalty that has nothing to do with the run of play costing you a game.

Alright Jake, how bout making up for this ###### useless day of yours by getting into field goal range, sending it to OT and getting me 100 yards and a game winning TD in OT you ###### ######.

Could there BE an easier job than an NFL WR? And they STILL #### up simple stuff.

Shanahan just cost the team 40 seconds on the clock. There were 2:46 left on the clock and he calls a timeout - if he lets the clock run, the Chargers can wait until the last second to snap the ball, but still have to run a second play with just over 2 minutes left, then they get the two minute warning, and the Broncos can use the timeout after the two minute warning. By calling the timeout after the first play, the Chargers run their second play before the two minute warning (that they would have run anyways), then let the clock go to the two minute warning. The Chargers end up running the same number of plays before the two minute warning, but the Broncos have one fewer timeout. Terrible clock management.
This cost them the game.

I know it is easy to play armchair qb, but some of the play calling this year have really cost us games.In the Den/Car game--.20 left you are trailing by one, you are in FG range and have .30 on the clock, you run Q to the left and he fumbles and we lose the game. If you feel the need for a run why not a QB sneak and you have one of the best PK in the NFL. In the Den/Oak game--snow. It is going to be a tough 43 yarder for Elam. You have one timeout. Why do you throw an out nto the endzone to Watts, who has the dropsies, in a very low precentage pass and not just run up the middle for 4-7 yards or do a dump off pass to shorten the FG ?Today, you have the sure tie in your hands, you are running the ball well all of a sudden. Why take a chance on a low percentage pass to the endzone? You could run and run and run and the worst that happens is you kick the FG and go into overtime. This against a team that is on the ropes and has had no offensive production whatsoever the whole 2nd half.I see 3 losses that easily are attributed to play calling and I don't blame Jake for any of them. It is going to be another disappointing Denver year where we are at week 17 needing a win against Indy, Baltimore to lose, KC to beat SD and some other combo for us to get in the playoffs. Where, with the play calling we have, we will build up fan's hopes only to lose in the 1st round if we get there.Just a terrible day 0-3 in FFL and a Broncos loss really make a bad Sunday night...

I don't blame Plummer for today's loss, despite the 4 INT's. All of them were deflected. I have questioned Shanahan's play-calling in the past, but I don't see how you can blame him for that last INT. That was simply great defense by San Diego to get a good bump on Rod Smith at the line, deflect the ball up into the air and then pick it off. Denver appeared to do everything today but win the game. This is how they have looked for the last few years. They are always a good team, but just seem to be missing that extra something that elite teams have.

I don't blame Plummer for today's loss, despite the 4 INT's. All of them were deflected. I have questioned Shanahan's play-calling in the past, but I don't see how you can blame him for that last INT. That was simply great defense by San Diego to get a good bump on Rod Smith at the line, deflect the ball up into the air and then pick it off. Denver appeared to do everything today but win the game. This is how they have looked for the last few years. They are always a good team, but just seem to be missing that extra something that elite teams have.
I admire him for going for the win but it just seemed like the big MO had changed and playing in a game you need to win you take the sure thing and not chance any type of mishap.I agree there just hasn't been that spark since Elway left.

Users who are viewing this thread