What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W13 - NY Giants V Washington (1 Viewer)

I figured with Jacobs and Portis I'd be good for 20 points at minimum by the end of this game. The way it's going I'm looking at 5 combined from Steve Smith and these 2 jokers costing me league high points. You'd think at some point the teams would start playing the pass.
I don't think the Redskins will change their game plan. Eli's making nice passes, but he also is good for a few errant throws every game, and that's the best way for the Redskins to stay in this game is to take advantage of that.

NY is just so much better than Washington, pains me to say it, but its so obvious. Man I wish Campbell had a line that gave him the time that Eli gets (not to mention a D line that has that kind of pass rush) :(

NY is just so much better than Washington, pains me to say it, but its so obvious. Man I wish Campbell had a line that gave him the time that Eli gets (not to mention a D line that has that kind of pass rush) :(
:(That, plus some WR's who could make some plays.

Great field position for the Giants ends up in Jacobs jumping into the endzone from a yard out. Poor tackling by the Skins on that drive. C'mon, Skins! Get something going!

Well I have came to the conclusion that, unless there salary cap is taking away, we're a 9-7 team at best. This team seems to never get better. We can't score any points, and just do enough on defense to get us excitied every week. This team really has not looked good since the 8-8 season under Marty!

Nice play to Cooley followed immediately by a horribly underthrown pass for an interception. Giants ball.

Well I have came to the conclusion that, unless there salary cap is taking away, we're a 9-7 team at best. This team seems to never get better. We can't score any points, and just do enough on defense to get us excitied every week. This team really has not looked good since the 8-8 season under Marty!
That's overly negative. I thought they looked very good from the second half of week 2 vs the Saints through the Detroit game. The glaring weakness is the passing game is just not getting them points, which is due to their o-line not getting Campbell time consistently, and the WR's not making enough plays. Their running game is excellent. Their defense is strong too, but needs more help on the line. I think this team is close and there's a lot to like. Complaining about a 9-7 season in Zorn's first year in this division IMHO ignores some realities.

I absolutely see positive signs with Kelly and Thomas. They are rookies, and most need time to adjust. So i do think our WR core will be better next year and for the foreseeable future. The team needs to address both sides of the line, that has to be priority #1.

It's just disheartening watching the Giants methodically chop their way through the Skins D. Had them pinned at the 3 yard line and they're marching up the field at will. Awful.

It's just disheartening watching the Giants methodically chop their way through the Skins D. Had them pinned at the 3 yard line and they're marching up the field at will. Awful.
Give some credit to the Giants. They're playing at a very high level right now. They've been doing this all year against all sorts of opponents.

That's overly negative. I thought they looked very good from the second half of week 2 vs the Saints through the Detroit game. The glaring weakness is the passing game is just not getting them points, which is due to their o-line not getting Campbell time consistently, and the WR's not making enough plays. Their running game is excellent. Their defense is strong too, but needs more help on the line.

I think this team is close and there's a lot to like. Complaining about a 9-7 season in Zorn's first year in this division IMHO ignores some realities.
Yeah there close enough to get us excited every week. We need 55 New OLINEMAN We need 2 new DLINEMAN it's the same damn thing year after year. We have needed DLINEman for 3 years now, and we NEVER get PRESSURE. OUR OLINE IS OLD AS HELL! HOW CAN THE GIANTS GET GOOD DLINE EVERYYEAR!!!!! and we can't get 1 over a 5 years!!!!! This team will be avg. untill SNYDER AND VINNY ARE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!! Untill then enjoy being avg.

That's overly negative. I thought they looked very good from the second half of week 2 vs the Saints through the Detroit game. The glaring weakness is the passing game is just not getting them points, which is due to their o-line not getting Campbell time consistently, and the WR's not making enough plays. Their running game is excellent. Their defense is strong too, but needs more help on the line.

I think this team is close and there's a lot to like. Complaining about a 9-7 season in Zorn's first year in this division IMHO ignores some realities.
Yeah there close enough to get us excited every week. We need 55 New OLINEMAN We need 2 new DLINEMAN it's the same damn thing year after year. We have needed DLINEman for 3 years now, and we NEVER get PRESSURE. OUR OLINE IS OLD AS HELL! HOW CAN THE GIANTS GET GOOD DLINE EVERYYEAR!!!!! and we can't get 1 over a 5 years!!!!! This team will be avg. untill SNYDER AND VINNY ARE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!! Untill then enjoy being avg.
You're a little worked up. Take a breath. How many adult beverages have you had so far today?

Give some credit to the Giants. They're playing at a very high level right now. They've been doing this all year against all sorts of opponents.
Giants are playing great ball. Just want to see some inspiration from the Skins D. Actually, I'd rather see some execution from the Skins offense, but I'll take whatever I can get.

These guys are just collecting pay checks out there. NOONE showing that they want to win. Can't wait to watch BMITCH rip these guys. We will be lucky to go 8-8, which will be terrible after going 6-3

Giants are playing great ball. Just want to see some inspiration from the Skins D. Actually, I'd rather see some execution from the Skins offense, but I'll take whatever I can get.
The D played fine. They had zero help from the offense and got worn down by the end of the game. Yeah, Eli made some throws, but the real problem was - as usual - the o-line and the WR's not making plays.

Last 7 games

7 points

20 points

10 points

6 points

25 points

14 points

17 points

23 points

You have togo all the way back to the Browns game since the last time we had 2 offensive TD's. You can not win games like that.

17.4 pts we have avg. over that period. :mellow:

The D played fine. They had zero help from the offense and got worn down by the end of the game. Yeah, Eli made some throws, but the real problem was - as usual - the o-line and the WR's not making plays.
Yeah the OLINE is teh suck, but there is other problems as well.

Yeah, its bad to watch our team go down like this, but if I learned one thing from ST's murder, its that it's not worth being upset over a Sunday loss in the grand scheme of things. There is next week.

The Giants clearly are a better team this year than the Redskins. They could play 10 times and the Giants would win at least 9. The Giants are better than the Redskins on both lines of scrimmage, and no number of skill positions players could offset that. Consequently, this year the Redskins will probably draft skill position players. Again.

Hats off to the Giants and congrats to their fans.

The Giants clearly are a better team this year than the Redskins. They could play 10 times and the Giants would win at least 9. The Giants are better than the Redskins on both lines of scrimmage, and no number of skill positions players could offset that. Consequently, this year the Redskins will probably draft skill position players. Again.Hats off to the Giants and congrats to their fans.
:lmao: :bye:

Users who are viewing this thread