What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W17 - Miami V NY Jets (1 Viewer)

Cassel's play (assuming he's elsewhere as a FA) was all for nothing. Signing Favre and that whole big production was all for nothing.

Congratulations to the Dolphins. I'm proud of the season the Patriots put up this year. Its just unprecedented that an 11-5 team doesnt make the playoffs. We'll come back strong next year.
Actually, it's precedented. The Broncos did it in the 80s.
Thought they just said this is only the 2nd time ever, with CLE being the other time.
Cleveland made it at 8-8 in 1985 and Broncos were on the outside while the Patriots and Jets got in at 11-5 as wild cards.

Congratulations to the Dolphins. I'm proud of the season the Patriots put up this year. Its just unprecedented that an 11-5 team doesnt make the playoffs. We'll come back strong next year.
Yes, but the Patriots are the most important team in the NFL, so it's unprecedented if it happens to them.
Its unprecedented in this playoff format. The announcer said it happend to Cleveland in '85 but it was actually Denver as some have said. There were only 4 playoff teams in that era.

Cassel's play (assuming he's elsewhere as a FA) was all for nothing. Signing Favre and that whole big production was all for nothing.
Somehow, those of us who never gave a crap about either are content with this result.

Yes, but the Patriots are the most important team in the NFL, so it's unprecedented if it happens to them.
Its unprecedented in this playoff format. The announcer said it happend to Cleveland in '85 but it was actually Denver as some have said. There were only 4 playoff teams in that era.
I agree with you that it's BS that the pathetic winner of the pathetic AFC West is inLet's all have a good point to that proverbial shirt

Last edited by a moderator:
Pennington's QB rating was 2nd best all time for Fins? Only one year by Marino is better? did I hear that right?

Somehow, those of us who never gave a crap about either are content with this result.
yeah because there's a football fan on this earth that didn't have an opinion on Favre in NY or the Pats without Brady. Have you been in a closet for 6 months?

yeah because there's a football fan on this earth that didn't have an opinion on Favre in NY or the Pats without Brady. Have you been in a closet for 6 months?
It ain't all about NY and NE pal. Sorry to break it to you.

Yep, looks like it was DEN in 85. But there were 5 playoff teams for each conference, not 4. The 3 division winners, and then the 2 wild card teams that played H2H for the "4th spot".

didn't say thatyou're being a dink, go away

I disagree, Cassel's play will make him a very rich man next year.
right but it wouldn't have done the Pats any good then if he's on another team.Miami pulled off not only clinching the playoffs but also knocking out NY with HOF QB and NE with HOF coach. Quite a huge win for that franchise. They slapped all the doubters today

didn't say thatyou're being a dink, go away
Fair enough. You stay here and snivel.

right but it wouldn't have done the Pats any good then if he's on another team.
You have a strange definition for "all for nothing".
I'm saying that the Pats won't be benefitting from it, but Matt's new team

right but it wouldn't have done the Pats any good then if he's on another team.
You have a strange definition for "all for nothing".
I'm saying that the Pats won't be benefitting from it, but Matt's new team
What'chu mean, Matt's "new team?" Brady is reportedly behind schedule in his rehab.I'd slap a franchise tag on Cassel so fast, it'd make yer head spin. I think New England has the cap room to accommodate it.

Users who are viewing this thread