What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W17 - Minnesota@Arizona (1 Viewer)

6 pt mistake by Tice. Stoopid.
Sorry.. Your at the 1 Yard Line.. You HAVE to go for it.. The play that was STUPID was 3rd down at the 1 inch line and they hand it off ..Why the HELL wouldn't you just use Culpepper as a QB Sneak??If Culpepper can't sneeze over the goal line from the 1 inch line then there is trouble.But I would never 2nd guess any coach going for it on 4th down at the 1 yard line, unless there are 5 seconds left in the game and a FG wins it..

This is the NFL, the Vikes are on the road, and there is a strong possibility that the Vikes are in a win, they're in, lose & they go home for good. You take the points. Period. Going on 4th down was a very, very bad coaching move.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone NOW understand why I HATE FRICKEN BATES!!!!!!!!! :wall: :angry: :wall: Culpepper see's the blitz, audiables out to a quick out and Bates runs straight down the field.. :wall: :hot: :hot:

Dropped pass by Kleinsasser costs the Vikes a first down.Terrible punt puts the Cardinals in good field position

For once in my life I agree with the announcers.. Why are the Vikes so commited to the running game otday.. Culpepper has been getting all day and than some to find the receivers.. Make them blitz, call some screens do something other than running up the middle on 1st & 2nd down.

FRICKEN PENALTY'S!!! :wall: :hot: Nice INT, but some IDIOT Puts a hand to the face, gives the Cards not only the ball back , but a First down.Normal Vikings against a inferior Opponent.. Play to their level.. Why, oh why can't the cards be 8-8 or something so the Vikes would play up to their opponent??

Going on 4th down was a very, very bad coaching move.
It's certainly not a very, very bad coaching move. But, it is a very, very voliatile coaching move. In the long run, Minnesota should be able to score there about half the time and that should makes going for the TD worthwhile.However, this isn't the long run. If a more consevative strategy can win this game, the field goal is the best play. If an aggressive approach is necessary, then going for the TD is the best choice. I think Minnesota is more than talented enough to beat Arizona. So, I would have taken the 3 points. But, I don't going for the TD wasn't bad, just unnecessarily risky.

Woo-Hoo! run the ball twice in the last 2 minutes & then throw for an INT.That Tice's coaching genius is just amazing! He's GB's best weapon so far!

Sounds like the Vikings are playing tensed-up. Not a good sign. Hopefully there will be some head-slapping going on at half-time in the locker-room. This is where you need some veteran leadership to start some smack. Wake up Vikes! :wall:

If Scott Linenhan isn't FIRED after the end of the season, then Tice needs to be.. He has to be the Whimpiest(SP?) Offensive Coordinator on the road that I have seen in a long, long time. Let's see, we put up 45 points against the Chiefs, we are now facing the WORST Defense in the league and we run, run and then on 3rd and 1 Pass?? :wall: :wall: :wall:

Well, at least the Vikes Defense showed up to start the 2nd Half..Now Open up the Offense you idiot Linnehan!!

how in the world can the Vikes run and throw all over the Chiefs one week, then totally disappear against a team like the Cards? People say teams like Detroit and Arizona are better teams at home... bull####... the Vikings are clearly the better team, as are the Rams (over Lions). There is no way they should lose a game to Arizona.. no way, not at this point in the season.

Again, MIN has 1 win in their last 18 games on grass. This is the NFL, and almost every player is playing for pride, and all players want to keep the paychecks coming. If anyone thought that AZ would roll over & die for MIN, they were flat out nuts. MIN is terrible away from home on the stuff that mad cows can eat.

Again, MIN has 1 win in their last 18 games on grass. This is the NFL, and almost every player is playing for pride, and all players want to keep the paychecks coming. If anyone thought that AZ would roll over & die for MIN, they were flat out nuts. MIN is terrible away from home on the stuff that mad cows can eat.
Not sure I would say all players are playing for pride.. Did you watch the Bills or the Redskins yesterday?? LOL :P :P But as the Vikes should have known.. The Cards have beat the packers and the 49ers and only lost in overtime to the Rams, so they do play much better at home..As I type this The Vikes are 1st and goal at the 1.. And Moe walks into the End zone!! :thumbup: :excited:edited as I type WAY too fast sometimes LOL :lol: :D

DAM.. It's about fricken time the Defense showed up.. They are controling the game right now..If the Vikes Offense can wake up also and drive down for a TD here, things will start looking up! :thumbup: :football:

Do the Cards have a chance to come back and actually score some points? Packer fan in agony here....

Lets go Moss... 1st drive 3 catches for 43 yards... the rest of the game so far 1 catch for 8... what the heck?! quick running the ball and start bombing it out to get some points on the board.

Do the Cards have a chance to come back? Packer fan in agony here....
With the Vikings Offensive Coordinator being such a fricken idiot anything is possible.You Can tell Culpepper is getting pissed at the play calling as he is trying to audiable out quite often right now.. Too bad Moss and the RB's are teh only ones that seem to be listening. :wall: :wall:

Watching the GB game here in Boston, following the game on NFL.com. Is Moss even playing this half? No targets? Thanks.

Watching the GB game here in Boston, following the game on NFL.com. Is Moss even playing this half? No targets? Thanks.
Yea, he's playing, but you wouldn't know that with the play calling.. Can someone call Tice and tell him to take over Play calling and just send Linnehan home Early?? ;)

BOOMStat of the game is Shipp 9 rush for 14 yards. Take away his 5 yd rush (long), and you have 8 for 9 yards :X :yucky:

Still Ticked off at the Offensive Coordinator..You get a Turnover, inside the 30 yard line and you call 2 Straight Running plays?? WTF..90% of the teams out there try to go for the throat off a turnover.. Vikes try to run out of the clock yippee.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wall: :yucky:

Ugghhh.. Vikes trying to help keep the Cards in this game.. One fricken idiot penalty after another..

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!3rd and 12 and you rush 3????????????????????????????What the F@#^%^@%#*@^#$*&@

from the gamecenter stats, it looks like vikings d is starting to catch fire. am i overly optimistic? they could make a real difference in my championship outcome.

2 Minute warning, Cards 4th and less than 1 at the 2(can get a 1st down inside the 1)..So if your a coach and down by 11.. Do you go for it, or take the 3, knowing you need a 3, a TD and a 2 point conversion to win any ways??I'll leave it to you as I seem to suck about when to, and when not to go for it on 4th down LOL ;) :P

Will they go for FG here?I would go for the TD because you are so close to the endzone. If you're on the 20 I'd kick the FG.

Users who are viewing this thread