What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W17 - Washington V Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

I think the Eagles already have more first downs than last week.Of course, it wouldn't take much.

Brunell looked very bad before that last drive....has me a bit concerned, as he was throwing very high.

Maybe jesus should have told you to play Ramsey instead. Shame that personal issues get in the way from winning. :bag:

terrible call there which results in an Eagles TD...even the announcers are berating the refs.
Yea, they threw a flag but made the wrong call - should have been a pick play on Brown as he was not running a route

Please take Andy's red flag away from him.  I don't think Reid has won a challenge all year.
what the hell is he challenging here? That was clearly a catch. I'm I completely missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Brunell is obviously still hurt and having trouble moving around and setting up to pass. If anyone wonders why James Thrash is not a viable WR2 or WR3, this game shows why. He can't get open, can't go get contested passes.Redskins played the entire first half as though the pressure is getting to them. Shawn Springs is obviously hurt and can't stay with the guys he is supposed to be covering.

regardless of what the Skins do in the second half, they should be ashamed of the way they were so ill prepared to play this game.A MUST win situation against a clearly inferior opponent, and they are just flat as a pancake. Horrific offense and pedestrian defense in a game they just need in the worst way.Gibbs and the staff should just be ashamed of the lack of preparation they put into this game.

regardless of what the Skins do in the second half, they should be ashamed of the way they were so ill prepared to play this game.

A MUST win situation against a clearly inferior opponent, and they are just flat as a pancake. Horrific offense and pedestrian defense in a game they just need in the worst way.

Gibbs and the staff should just be ashamed of the lack of preparation they put into this game.
In all fairnes, it is not like the Eagles were going to just come in and lay down for the Redskins. Factor in that Washington hasn't exactly been a great team on the road this year and it is not at all surprising that this game is close.

regardless of what the Skins do in the second half, they should be ashamed of the way they were so ill prepared to play this game.

A MUST win situation against a clearly inferior opponent, and they are just flat as a pancake. Horrific offense and pedestrian defense in a game they just need in the worst way.

Gibbs and the staff should just be ashamed of the lack of preparation they put into this game.
Two reasons(excuses):Brunell is clearly not 100% and it shows

The Eagles should not have one of those TDs. They got a gift on a 3rd down PI call.

I really don't think you can critisize Gibbs for not having his team ready- that simply doesn't happen. If anything, they were too amped up(they have made a number of huge hits, but have also gotten beat deep a few times) and the pressure got to them a little.

So even if they win they should be ashamed? Yeah, right.

The Eagles should not have one of those TDs. They got a gift on a 3rd down PI call.

I really don't think you can critisize Gibbs for not having his team ready- that simply doesn't happen. If anything, they were too amped up(they have made a number of huge hits, but have also gotten beat deep a few times) and the pressure got to them a little.
Skins are without two DBs now (Springs/Rogers)

I really don't think you can critisize Gibbs for not having his team ready- that simply doesn't happen.
Do you think they were ready to play the week they lost 36-0 to the Giants? How about the home loss to the Raiders?

Please take Andy's red flag away from him.  I don't think Reid has won a challenge all year.
what the hell is he challenging here? That was clearly a catch. I'm I completely missing something?
No, you're not missing anything and that's been Andy's track record on challenges all year long.

I really don't think you can critisize Gibbs for not having his team ready- that simply doesn't happen.
Do you think they were ready to play the week they lost 36-0 to the Giants? How about the home loss to the Raiders?
Losing a game doesn't mean you weren't ready to play. It means the other team was better than you.

A MUST win situation against a clearly inferior opponent, and they are just flat as a pancake.  Horrific offense and pedestrian defense in a game they just need in the worst way.

Skins are without two DBs now (Springs/Rogers)
and Walt Harris is getting killed here. :wall:

Front 7 needs to get some pressure..they're doing nothing and the safeties are making all of the tackles. So far, we're making 2nd and 3rd stringers look like good players.

The Skins were leading the Raiders in the 4th quarter. Losing a lead in the 4th doesn't mean that you weren't ready to play when the game began. I don't know what to say about that Giants game though....that was terrible.

The Philadelphia Eagles are playing for pride
Which shows that the Redskins have none.
Yep, one reason I'm pulling for the Cowboys to go to the playoffs. I think Washington is out of gas and the Cowboys are starting to make some noise.

Did Gibbs just think that the Eagles were going to drop their jocks because the Great Joe Gibbs and the Hogs were coming to town?These guys know that the Cowboys will destroy the Rams if they see a playoff berth is on the line, right?

Terrible underthrow by Brunell. Moss had him beat deep. Maybe Ramsey should be in there if Brunell isn't healthy.

Terrible underthrow by Brunell. Moss had him beat deep. Maybe Ramsey should be in there if Brunell isn't healthy.
If the Redskins win...it's going to be 'in spite' of Brunell....not because of him.

Users who are viewing this thread