What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W6 - Carolina V Tampa Bay (1 Viewer)

So DeAngelo the goalline back now???

nvm...? Hope Stewart got in, play under review...

Last edited by a moderator:
Bucs 2nd string fullback was injured (BJ Askew, 1st string, was already out) -- so Earnest Graham is lining up at fullback right now with Warrick Dunn at tailback.

Bucs 2nd string fullback was injured (BJ Askew, 1st string, was already out) -- so Earnest Graham is lining up at fullback right now with Warrick Dunn at tailback.
This is for two-back sets, btw. Graham has gotten a couple carries out of single-back sets.

This is for two-back sets, btw. Graham has gotten a couple carries out of single-back sets.
It's always something or other to make sure Dunn gets the ball, very frustrating
Well, he's looked pretty good today. I guess you mean frustrating as a Graham owner?

It's always something or other to make sure Dunn gets the ball, very frustrating
Well, he's looked pretty good today. I guess you mean frustrating as a Graham owner?
Indeed, just whining. Dunn has actually been much better than I expected this year. I can't really kill Gruden for giving him the ball.

Yahoo! counted the Punt return TD as points allowed for Carolina D. Sucks.
Been this way for as long as I can remember - I've searched this as Commish to answer league members' questions multiple times. From the "Help" link on Yahoo, search for "Defense Points Against":
Why is the "Points Allowed" category for a defense different than the final score?

In Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football, scoring for the Points Allowed category in leagues using Team Defenses include the following situations:

All TDs scored against the defense.

All FGs scored by the opponent.

All PATs (Extra Points and 2-PT conversions).

Special Teams Scoring (kickoff and punt returns for touchdowns, as well as blocked punts returned for TDs).

All other scoring categories chosen within the league.

Please Note: Points scored against the team's offensive unit (e.g., interception and fumble returns for TDs, FG blocks returned for Touchdowns, and safeties) are not counted in the Points Allowed category.
Emphasis mine...

These announcers are terrible when it comes to replays. They said the ball crossed the goal line when the official signalled touchback when clearly the ball had not. The question is whether it touched the cover man when he was touching the end zone. Gruden challenges and wins. Panther ball at their own 1-yard-line.

Earlier, they insisted Stewart was down before he fumbled when that was obvious. The question was whether a Bucs player touched Stewart when he fell after tripping over a teammate.

Yahoo! counted the Punt return TD as points allowed for Carolina D. Sucks.
Been this way for as long as I can remember - I've searched this as Commish to answer league members' questions multiple times. From the "Help" link on Yahoo, search for "Defense Points Against":
Why is the "Points Allowed" category for a defense different than the final score?

In Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football, scoring for the Points Allowed category in leagues using Team Defenses include the following situations:

All TDs scored against the defense.

All FGs scored by the opponent.

All PATs (Extra Points and 2-PT conversions).

Special Teams Scoring (kickoff and punt returns for touchdowns, as well as blocked punts returned for TDs).

All other scoring categories chosen within the league.

Please Note: Points scored against the team's offensive unit (e.g., interception and fumble returns for TDs, FG blocks returned for Touchdowns, and safeties) are not counted in the Points Allowed category.
Emphasis mine...
Well I know for sure that two years ago Kick or Punt return didn't count against the DEF. In atleast two games. But thank you for clearing this up for me.

The Bucs backfield is going to be a mess.

I have both Graham and Dunn. Graham was a stud last year but it looks like he won`t get the chance this year.

The Bucs backfield is going to be a mess.I have both Graham and Dunn. Graham was a stud last year but it looks like he won`t get the chance this year.
Graham might get more carries when the game moves into the 4th quarter. The Bucs appear to have a commanding lead at this point given the way their defense is playing.

It is great to see Dunn revived in the Tampa offensive scheme. He really is an amazing RB considering his age, size and how long he's been playing.

Interesting. Graham was in the fullback slot with Dunn behind him but the handoff goes to Graham for the short-yardage TD.

Interesting. Graham was in the fullback slot with Dunn behind him but the handoff goes to Graham for the short-yardage TD.
They also threw to him out of the fullback position earlier for a big play to get them down into the red zone.If you're going to have to use him at fullback, might as well get him involved and put a little extra pressure on the defense.

Bucs defense with another interception after a deflected pass. Tanard Jackson popped Steve Smith on a quick slant, although looking at the replay now it looks like he had already dropped it (pass was high but catchable). Aqib Talib with the pick.

Why is Delhomme still in there to take more shots when the game is already lost?

Smith drops what probably would have been a TD.

Users who are viewing this thread