What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W8 - Oakland V San Diego (1 Viewer)

I am an LT owner that never gets to see him play. Can anyone help me understand why he has so many "L. Tomlinson up the middle for no gain" this year?Seems like I see it six or eight times a game on NFL.com (including the 1st and Goal from the 1 a second ago).

Line so far has LT 7 carries for 31 yards. None for Chatman
not to be rude, but i can read a box score. how does he LOOK?
I wasn't neccessarily addressing anyone in particular, especially you. Had I quoted your post, then it would be a pretty safe bet that my post was there solely for your enjoyment. However, it wasn't.

I am an LT owner that never gets to see him play. Can anyone help me understand why he has so many "L. Tomlinson up the middle for no gain" this year?Seems like I see it six or eight times a game on NFL.com (including the 1st and Goal from the 1 a second ago).
honestly, he's never been a GREAT short yardage runner, especially at the goal-line.not really a new development.

QUOTE (tribecalledjeff @ Oct 31 2004, 03:41 PM) QUOTE Line so far has LT 7 carries for 31 yards. None for Chatman not to be rude, but i can read a box score. how does he LOOK? I wasn't neccessarily addressing anyone in particular, especially you. Had I quoted your post, then it would be a pretty safe bet that my post was there solely for your enjoyment. However, it wasn't.
ah. so it wasn't just me that you were assuming couldn't read a box score, it was everyone :rolleyes: enough of this nonsense though - is anyone watching that can tell us how LT looks? does the injury seem to be slowing him down? does he have his usual burts? etc. TIA.

nobody's questions are getting answered about this game.LT looks fine. quick to the outside, making cuts, no obvious injury.Gates has drawn two pass interference penalties (one set up the second TD), and got a target in the end zone that was overthrown. He's still a major factor in the offense.

where in the hell is porter?
raiders most effective plays have been screens. wheatley's having good success. I read somewhere the Raiders were going to try not to look downfield as much, and were going to work the short passing game. looks like it was true.

Tim Dwight TD. Brees looks better today than I've ever seen him. That was horrible coverage. Either a bad zone blitz or just completely blown. Dwight ran past a lineman, and then ran free for 20 yards, catching the pass just as the safety, who wasn't covering anybody, got over there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem for us Gates owners is that he gets monster numbers when the game is on the line in the second half. If SD is way ahead, the 'security blanket' may not be as necessary.

parker has been getting a lot of looks.
Interesting, I just dropped him this week. Is it him, the D, or Brees that's causing the "looks" to not become production?
It seems like Brees has been throwing into traffic a lot, but he's got a little more velocity today than I've seen from him, so he's getting away with it. Brees only has 16 attempts. I think Parker's been targeted about 6 times with 4 catches.

Tim Dwight TD.  Brees looks better today than I've ever seen him.
Uh-oh...SD up 28-7...will LT sit the entire second half??? :wall:
Yep.. LaDainian, bench. Bench, LaDainian. Make nice.
No. Please, no.If LT sits again, I'm doomed.
Me too.. I'm very concerned about him. There were several runs where last year he would've broke them for a long gain but instead he was brought down easily. Seems like the burst just isn't there this year..

Well I suppose the Raiders can drop the short passing game and start THROWING THE BALL TO @%$&*! PORTER!!!!!!!!

Tim Dwight TD. Brees looks better today than I've ever seen him. That was horrible coverage. Either a bad zone blitz or just completely blown. Dwight ran past a lineman, and then ran free for 20 yards, catching the pass just as the safety, who wasn't covering anybody, got over there.
The Raiders defense makes a lot of teams look good. This will be the 6th straight game they've allowed 30 points or more. I thought this team would be a lot better than last year. I now have serious doubts they'll match the 4 wins from last year.

Since LT and Chatman are banged up, it's going to be interesting to see what Marty does to try to eat clock and protect this lead.

Since LT and Chatman are banged up, it's going to be interesting to see what Marty does to try to eat clock and protect this lead.
Michael Burner Turner?
:XAnyone know who's hurt worse? Obviously, LT can play, as he's been pretty good so far. If Chatman can't go at all, I'd think he'd stay in for at least the next couple of drives.

Excuse me, but could someone tell me where to find the "I hate Kerry Collins and Jerry Porter" thread? Also, how about the "I benched Brees for Collins" thread?

Users who are viewing this thread