What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W8 - Philadelphia V Denver (1 Viewer)

On the Eagles first offensive play, the Broncos put 9 players on the defensive line along with 2 CBs.McNabb threw a quick INT.

Now the head linesman is down!! :blackeye:Looks like he's back in now though. Didn't catch the name. :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
Donovan has got to play with at least a TINY sense of urgency. That offense has looked flat-out terrible last few weeks.

Reid is doing his best to make up for the NFL's loss of Martz. Everyone knows he should try to run the ball but the Iggles stubbornly will not concede that point.

Good lord, just put Detmer in and get it overwith...McNabb looks hopeless out there....I know a lot has to do with the surging DEN defense, but still, make an adjustment Reid!

Good lord, just put Detmer in and get it overwith...McNabb looks hopeless out there....I know a lot has to do with the surging DEN defense, but still, make an adjustment Reid!
Is Westbrook in the game? I mean have they even tried to run the ball?

Westbrook was in on the last play. As a receiver.

I'll never understand why McNabb didn't just get the surgery a month ago and be healthy come November-December. Instead he's just going to gimp his way throught the season and hurt his team

Shanny's got his Defensive game plan working very well against Reid's All-Pass Eagles. Give him a big :thumbup: thus far.Really just an exhibition on why one-dimensional offenses can't consistently perform well -- again, its only 1st quarter -- but so far Broncos D looks rock solid.

Shanny's got his Defensive game plan working very well against Reid's All-Pass Eagles. Give him a big :thumbup: thus far.

Really just an exhibition on why one-dimensional offenses can't consistently perform well -- again, its only 1st quarter -- but so far Broncos D looks rock solid.
Well daaaaaaaaah, McNabb looks like a rock punk right about now.

6 plays, 6 incompletions. 2 punts. Brilliant!!!

No. The Iggles have ZERO rushing attempts for the game.

Are you actually watching the game? :rolleyes: When you take a 3 step drop and the defender is already in your face as soon as you make that 3rd step, what are you going to do? You really think the backup would do better?

Just get a clue.

McNabb had to audible out of one or 2 so far..

I'll never understand why McNabb didn't just get the surgery a month ago and be healthy come November-December. Instead he's just going to gimp his way throught the season and hurt his team
Because that would leave the team in the hands of Ty Detmer or Mike McMahon. C'mon.Plus there's no guarantee he'd recover from the surgery in time.

Are you actually watching the game? :rolleyes: When you take a 3 step drop and the defender is already in your face as soon as you make that 3rd step, what are you going to do? You really think the backup would do better?

Just get a clue.
:goodposting: Really has nothing to do with McNabb's injuries.

Just get a clue.
Settle down, sparky. It's just clear that McNabb is playing at 75% and isn't himself....and the "I know a lot has to do with the surging DEN defense" above was supposed to prevent superior-feeling trolls like yourself from overreacting...apparently it didn't work. :rolleyes:

To the tune of 0 for 6 passing. I'm not claiming to be an Eagles expert but don't you have to at least try before assuming something won't work?It would be one thing if they gave the running game a fair shake and this game was an isolated incident but this is the status quo and it doesn't appear to be working.

To the tune of 0 for 6 passing. I'm not claiming to be an Eagles expert but don't you have to at least try before assuming something won't work?It would be one thing if they gave the running game a fair shake and this game was an isolated incident but this is the status quo and it doesn't appear to be working.
I cant argue that. Reid really needs to balance this offense. It's easy to make a gameplan when the defense knows exactly what you're going to do.They came out an Eagles 1st play on offense had 11 in the box. Why? They put that pressure on McNabb and he can't throw. Force them to run, which is exactly what they dont want to do. They're going to make the Eagles run to beat them, but Reid will still force the pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
You CANNOT win in this league unless you run the ball. Even when it's not working, you still have to TRY and run the ball.

Andy Reid has really lost it if he thinks running the ball once every three series is going to work.

Anyone see the Minn/GB game last week? Philly looks like Minn did in the first half so far. Philly can't move offensively nor stop Denver defensively. Hopefully the 2nd half won't be the same turnaround as that game was last week.

Users who are viewing this thread