What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W8 - San Diego V New Orleans (1 Viewer)

Way to show the British that American Football is all about FUN - flag a guy for celebrating... :goodposting: Remember, they are used to guys ripping off their shirts and running around like idiots...
Not sure that one warranted a penalty.
It probably didn't, but then neither did the unnecessary roughness penalty where the late hit came from a guy who had already committed to the tackle prior to the ball carrier going down.
It must be a sliding on your knees thing.

Halftime... the difference in the game is Sproles' fumble and the resulting short TD drive for the Saints. Aside from that, it has been very even.

Way to show the British that American Football is all about FUN - flag a guy for celebrating... :lmao: Remember, they are used to guys ripping off their shirts and running around like idiots...
Not sure that one warranted a penalty.
It probably didn't, but then neither did the unnecessary roughness penalty where the late hit came from a guy who had already committed to the tackle prior to the ball carrier going down.
It must be a sliding on your knees thing.
i think it was a using the pylon thing

Brees is on another level this season.

22/29 229 yds 2td 0int

The guy is a beast. I know how people hate that he spreads the ball around, but he always seems to find the open receiver. I hope he wins the MVP award this season because he has consistently been one of the most underrated of the elite qbs in the league.

Brees is on another level this season.22/29 229 yds 2td 0intThe guy is a beast. I know how people hate that he spreads the ball around, but he always seems to find the open receiver. I hope he wins the MVP award this season because he has consistently been one of the most underrated of the elite qbs in the league.
... and he's 100% a class act. I love that guy.

I have no reason to hate the Saints, except that every year they find a way to butthammer my team. Thanks, Marques! Please leave a tip.

has Colston even been playing?
If he hasn't, he's even better than we thought!
what I meant was there was an early sighting but I haven't seen him in the 2nd quarter... has he been out there?
The turnover call that was overturned in the last minute of the half was a pass to Colston. He's been targeted three times in this game.
Sure about that? I thought that was Billy Miller, assuming you're talking about the ball initially ruled an interception that was overturned because the ball hit the ground.

has Colston even been playing?
If he hasn't, he's even better than we thought!
what I meant was there was an early sighting but I haven't seen him in the 2nd quarter... has he been out there?
The turnover call that was overturned in the last minute of the half was a pass to Colston. He's been targeted three times in this game.
Sure about that? I thought that was Billy Miller, assuming you're talking about the ball initially ruled an interception that was overturned because the ball hit the ground.
You're right. The play right after that went to Colston, but the completion was reversed.

Vincent Jackson just dropped a pass Rivers put perfectly on his hands in stride 40+ yards downfield... should have been a 72 yard TD.

:wall:

And the Chargers continue with the 15 yard penalties. Horse collar tackle this time on Cromartie. That is at least their third 15 yard penalty of this game, and the third quarter has barely started.

Come on Colston, please don't make me regret betting on you...AGAIN. I've been keeping you on the bench all year for this?

Considering how bad the Chargers' defense is, every team ought to go for it on 4th down every time, regardless of position, time, and distance. Odds are, the offense will capitalize.

The Chargers are getting absolutely no pressure on Brees at all. He has got all day to pick his targets and he's far too good a Quarterback to not take advantage of that.

Man, the Chargers really need to get Sproles involved in the passing game more often. He just caught a 14 yarder, and has 9 catches for 166 yards on the season. He is really good in space...

Man, the Chargers really need to get Sproles involved in the passing game more often. He just caught a 14 yarder, and has 9 catches for 166 yards on the season. He is really good in space...
I'd like to see more sets with both Sproles and Tomlinson out there. Utilize some shifts, make the defense do more guessing.

The Chargers rushing defense has been solid today. The Saints have 17 carries for 59 yards, and the only TD was a one yard run.

They just can't stop the pass to save their lives...

Users who are viewing this thread