What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W9 - Oakland V Kansas City (1 Viewer)

1-10-OAK 37 :-)19) T.Green pass to L.Johnson to OAK 1 for 36 yards (N.Asomugha).1-1-OAK 1 :-)05) L.Johnson up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.Larry Johnson = MONEY :pics:

that call by Vermeil is one of those that makes you look like a genius when you get it right, and a complete doofus when you get it wrong. Great finish to a great game. :football:

Gutsiest call I've seen in a LONG time. Talk about Russian Roulette.That's the type of play that can turn around a season.

We got lucky as any team I can ever think of.............but what a freakin win BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Pissed away an 11 pt lead and went for it when we should have kicked the FG! As a Chiefs fan all I can say is "whew"That was our season if we lost

that call by Vermeil is one of those that makes you look like a genius when you get it right, and a complete doofus when you get it wrong.
Couldn't agree more. I'm actually shocked at the call given the way NFL coaches have becomes so conservative in recent years.Bottom line is the play worked, and Vermeil deserves some serious credit. I'm not even a KC fan.

What a call!!! That LJ td might have just saved my day and couldent have come a better time because I was just mourning the loss of the jets

that call by Vermeil is one of those that makes you look like a genius when you get it right, and a complete doofus when you get it wrong.

Great finish to a great game. :football:
:goodposting: Much respect for Vermeil. For a cryer he's got a couple of brass ones.

As a Priest owner, I have to chuckle a little at the Larry Johnson fanboys. This isn't panning out quite they way we'd expected, eh?
:lmao: You can stand up now and tell the world what a ####### your are.

Congrats KC fans.You guys may disagree with me, but it did not have to be a quick pass. KC was at home and they would have told the referee before the play that they would call a timeout immediately when the play was over.I doesn't take 5 seconds to try to jump over the clock and either get in or get your forward progress stopped. It was a great call and a great play, just not as surprising as the Commentators made it seem. No way anybody's gonna kick a field goal, at home, on the one. Except Tice.

Why did the Chiefs have to kick the extra point with no time remaining on the clock? I thought TDs scored to win the game with time expired didn't require extra points. Maybe that's only the case in overtime. I know the Bears didn't kick an extra point last week.Just curious. If I were playing a Tynes owner this week, and lost by one point, I'd really want an explanation!

Why did the Chiefs have to kick the extra point with no time remaining on the clock? I thought TDs scored to win the game with time expired didn't require extra points. Maybe that's only the case in overtime. I know the Bears didn't kick an extra point last week.

Just curious. If I were playing a Tynes owner this week, and lost by one point, I'd really want an explanation!
I think that's only for Overtime.

Congrats KC fans.

You guys may disagree with me, but it did not have to be a quick pass. KC was at home and they would have told the referee before the play that they would call a timeout immediately when the play was over.I doesn't take 5 seconds to try to jump over the clock and either get in or get your forward progress stopped. It was a great call and a great play, just not as surprising as the Commentators made it seem. No way anybody's gonna kick a field goal, at home, on the one. Except Tice.
They didn't have any timeouts left genius.

Why did the Chiefs have to kick the extra point with no time remaining on the clock? I thought TDs scored to win the game with time expired didn't require extra points. Maybe that's only the case in overtime. I know the Bears didn't kick an extra point last week.

Just curious. If I were playing a Tynes owner this week, and lost by one point, I'd really want an explanation!
Well if KC doesn't kick the XP, bettors on Oakland cover the four points. :tinfoilhat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did the Chiefs have to kick the extra point with no time remaining on the clock?
It's not the worst rule in the NFL, but if they did away with this I wouldn't miss it.No time left, winning TD: game over.

Congrats KC fans.

You guys may disagree with me, but it did not have to be a quick pass.  KC was at home and they would have told the referee before the play that they would call a timeout immediately when the play was over.I doesn't take 5 seconds to try to jump over the clock and either get in or get your forward progress stopped.  It was a great call and a great play, just not as surprising as the Commentators made it seem.  No way anybody's gonna kick a field goal, at home, on the one.  Except Tice.
They didn't have any timeouts left genius.
My bad. I knew they started the drive with 3 left and thought they took only two to that point.

Play didnt take :05 not for a leap over the pile.
If that's the case then KC should've kicked off. The clock doesn't run during an XP try.
Raider fan?
Nope. I'm a Chiefs fan. I just want to know why they had to kick the XP. Is it simply to afford the Raider D the chance to block it and take it back for points?
That's as good a reason as i've ever heard...it actually makes a lot of sense.

Play didnt take :05 not for a leap over the pile.
If that's the case then KC should've kicked off. The clock doesn't run during an XP try.
Raider fan?
Nope. I'm a Chiefs fan. I just want to know why they had to kick the XP. Is it simply to afford the Raider D the chance to block it and take it back for points?
Ball is dead on a botched/blocked extra point, cant be advanced

Ball is dead on a botched/blocked extra point, cant be advanced
If that's the case, then kicking the XP with time expired, and the lead, makes no sense.Unless you own Tynes and need the point to win your FF match up. :)

Users who are viewing this thread