What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W9 - Philadelphia V Washington (1 Viewer)

Bad time for the Eagles Run D to suddenly go soft.
As an Eagles fan, when that fumble miraculously bounced to the Redskin offensive lineman, I knew the next play was a TD. It's natural for a defense to letdown when they make they ALMOST make the big play.

I guess Brunell is going to get those 3 TDs I need in the 4th quarter.  :(
Hell I only need 1 and I dont think I'm going to get it. They keep getting close to the goal line but never get in.
Hopefully Bulger will be back so Brunell can go back to the bench. Like Fred Taylor he only produces when I don't start him. I've gotten nothing out of those two guys this year. Unreal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Portis, do the impossible, the improbable. Score AGAIN!
Well I can't imagine them throwing anymore so he's got a chance.
Brunell is 21/29. They'll continue making safe passing plays to get first downs. There's still 5:57 on the clock and they've only got a 7 point lead.

Im wondering why Wash didnt try to go down the field and try to get 3 pts to make it a 2 score game instead of 4 straight running plays.I know they figured their defense will hold, but if youve got time, why not try to get some points?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Eagles gave this one away. Every time they got into Akers' range, McNabb was sacked or a penalty. I know that happened twice.

Playaction, i really thought they were going to put the game in Lamar Gordons hands. Right. The Eagles playcalling is god awful.

Seriously that is the dumbest play calling in a while. You have 2nd and 4 and decided to throw for the end zone 3 times. You are telling me that Westbrook can't make 4 yards 3 times. Philly is going to be a very angry city tomorrow. This city would rather have an 0-16 team than a 9-7 team that doesn't make the Super Bowl

The redskins played very well, critical mistakes by McNabb and Reids play calling cost them the game. Reid was definitley outcoached by Gibbs.

Seriously that is the dumbest play calling in a while. You have 2nd and 4 and decided to throw for the end zone 3 times. You are telling me that Westbrook can't make 4 yards 3 times.
Based on Westbrooks YPC tonight, it would've been close.

If the Redskins keep fumbling the ball like they did again tonight they're going to continue to have trouble. They were lucky to recover the ones they did. Many small calls or breaks went their way tonight. None of them were game-changing, though. These were 2 fairly evenly-matched teams at this point in the season. It's been a long time since the Redskins were competitive in their own division at this point in the season. As we say in hushed, diplomatic circles inside the DC Beltway: Yee Haw!!!

Users who are viewing this thread