What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W9 - San Diego V NY Jets (1 Viewer)

Yeah, that was a good call, even from an LT owner. You go 2 scores ahead late in the 4th. OF COURSE you kick the FG there.
on the road w/ the best RB in the game... i think you have to go for it... SD may lose this game... and of course it's not based on that 1 play, but that could have made the difference... even if you don't make it in... 99 yds is a long way to go

mccareins went to my high school. and he also dropped the ball on 4th. bolts WINNNNNNNNNNNNN10 posts at 3:10 CST haha

Last edited by a moderator:
For Tomlinson owners it simply bodes well if the Chargers are vying for a playoff spot downt he stretch...I hate to have star players with nothing left to play for...LT would never cash it in but its better for LT owners if there is something riding on the games...Gates owners too.

That was way too close for comfort. I hated the decision to kick a field goal from the one foot line. I knew the Chargers would need the extra four points. I'd even have preferred to go for it and miss than kick a field goal and make it -- the difference in field position they'd give the Jets (one foot line versus 50 yard line since the Jets have been making big returns on all the kickoffs today) would have been worth it. The Chargers might have been able to hold the jets from the one foot line, but giving it to them on the 50 meant a quick TD -- which is exactly what happened.

Great comeback by the Jets. Too bad they are 2-6, but Bollinger gave them a real spark. They could turn things around in the second half of the season.

That was way too close for comfort. I hated the decision to kick a field goal from the one foot line. I knew the Chargers would need the extra four points. I'd even have preferred to go for it and miss than kick a field goal and make it -- the difference in field position they'd give the Jets (one foot line versus 50 yard line since the Jets have been making big returns on all the kickoffs today) would have been worth it. The Chargers might have been able to hold the jets from the one foot line, but giving it to them on the 50 meant a quick TD -- which is exactly what happened.

Great comeback by the Jets. Too bad they are 2-6, but Bollinger gave them a real spark. They could turn things around in the second half of the season.
I'm telling you - Marty forgets that he has the best player in the NFL on his team sometimes. It's weird.

i think that Marty felt like if he let LT punch another one it that the Jets might've considered that showing them up, because it would've given him 5 td'sother than that, i dont see why in the sam hell they wouldnt have given it to him there

This game was brought flashbacks to the Denver game in 2000. The Jets were down early (they got down early a lot that year, but had several double digit comebacks), and drove down to the 2 in the final minute. Down by a touchdown, they had four plays to get seven points. On fourth down, Testaverde short-armed a pass to Richie Anderson (there was a blitz coming and Vinny threw it too early) who was wide open in the end zone.I was impressed with the Chargers in the first half (obviously), but the Jets really came out to play in the second half. It was definitely an exciting finish.

I agree with you about not kicking the field goal, but I certainly see the other side. My brother said he thought kicking it was the right call.

I really don't get all this Schottenheimer ripping. Tomlinson came into the game today second in the NFL in carries and second in the NFL in touches. Through four seasons, no player in NFL history has as many touches as Tomlinson. The Chargers rely on LT more than just about any team relies on a single player. He had 28 touches today.

Schottenheimer can't give Tomlinson 30 touches every week and expect him to be dominant for the playoffs. Keeping your best player fresh for the playoffs is smart, not stupid. (Although I don't see how that's applicable today because of his 28 touches).

My last note on the game was that Coles' TD reception today was the finest I've seen all year. Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:

This game was brought flashbacks to the Denver game in 2000. The Jets were down early (they got down early a lot that year, but had several double digit comebacks), and drove down to the 2 in the final minute. Down by a touchdown, they had four plays to get seven points. On fourth down, Testaverde short-armed a pass to Richie Anderson (there was a blitz coming and Vinny threw it too early) who was wide open in the end zone.I was impressed with the Chargers in the first half (obviously), but the Jets really came out to play in the second half. It was definitely an exciting finish.

I agree with you about not kicking the field goal, but I certainly see the other side. My brother said he thought kicking it was the right call.

I really don't get all this Schottenheimer ripping. Tomlinson came into the game today second in the NFL in carries and second in the NFL in touches. Through four seasons, no player in NFL history has as many touches as Tomlinson. The Chargers rely on LT more than just about any team relies on a single player. He had 28 touches today.

Schottenheimer can't give Tomlinson 30 touches every week and expect him to be dominant for the playoffs. Keeping your best player fresh for the playoffs is smart, not stupid. (Although I don't see how that's applicable today because of his 28 touches).

My last note on the game was that Coles' TD reception today was the finest I've seen all year. Wow.
i agree and next time go to gates once and neal once. bad play calling.

i think that Marty felt like if he let LT punch another one it that the Jets might've considered that showing them up, because it would've given him 5 td's

other than that, i dont see why in the sam hell they wouldnt have given it to him there
i agree completely. WHAT playoffs if you don't win this game? if schotty "laid off" for fear of showing a team up and i was his boss? i'd fire him. the game was TOO close not to go to big time players and not get cute with l neal. i am a huge charger fan and just happy to win a close one though.

Users who are viewing this thread