What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread WK 9 NE@DEN (1 Viewer)

Wow the Denver O line doesn't suck. The Pats can't get a blitz in there, which is a big reason that Kanell's looking so good.

lets shotgun pass on 3rd and 3?run portis or better yet, PA Pass to someone 3 yards out. Its been working. Esp when your kicker is out!

Ok, I have NE +2.5 so I need at least a FG here.Kanell has played much better than I expected. Had NE been able to stop the punt return, I'd be breathing a little easier.

I am down by 1 point and have Elam (done) Sharpe and NE defense in a 1 point per rec league.Come on... 1 pass to sharpe or a turnover/sack for NE.... nothing this whole half. I have a feeling I'm gonna lose.... Damn...a win puts me in first with the #1 team already losing...

When you have a back that will go for 100 yards the first time all season against New England, you run on third and three? He averages 5 YPC for the season and over 4 this game...why would you?

lets shotgun pass on 3rd and 3?run portis or better yet, PA Pass to someone 3 yards out. Its been working. Esp when your kicker is out!
Agreed!! Run it up the middle on 3rd and then pick up the rest on a run on 4th...That missed Elam FG in the first is going to end up biting us....

New England's D looks toothless. I've yet to see them look this bad in the games I've seen them play this season.

God, I know I don't talk to you as often as I could, but I need this from you. Please, no more passes to Graham, not another catch, and certainly not a TD.Thanks in advance,Drugrunner

Shanny's an idiot.. Punting from the 33??? What a Chicken ####! They deserve to lose to NE...1) NE has been moving the ball at will,, so a 1 point lead is nothing2) Portis has just had 2 consecutive carries of 10+ yards,, is the NE defense getting soft???n3) If your gonna punt from the 33, why not go for it of 4th and 3.. Better yet,, if you knew in the first place that you were not going to go for the field goal,, then why not run it on 3rd and 3 and on 4th down.. portis should be able to pick up 3 yards in 2 downs...I'm sorry,,but shanny does not look like a genius to me... They're gonna lose this game..

Shanny's an idiot.. Punting from the 33??? What a Chicken ####! They deserve to lose to NE...1) NE has been moving the ball at will,, so a 1 point lead is nothing2) Portis has just had 2 consecutive carries of 10+ yards,, is the NE defense getting soft???n3) If your gonna punt from the 33, why not go for it of 4th and 3.. Better yet,, if you knew in the first place that you were not going to go for the field goal,, then why not run it on 3rd and 3 and on 4th down.. portis should be able to pick up 3 yards in 2 downs...I'm sorry,,but shanny does not look like a genius to me... They're gonna lose this game..
Shanny isn't a genius, Elway is a Hall of Famer. The two together were great, Shanny alone is average at best and frequently under criticized.

My game is now tied.......this is crazy.. going down to the wireAnd he has Graham... and dropped that pass...

Last edited by a moderator:
kind of disheartening to me to see the lack of faith in portis by shanny... I can't beleive they are punting it from NE's side of the field..

God, I know I don't talk to you as often as I could, but I need this from you. Please, no more passes to Graham, not another catch, and certainly not a TD.Thanks in advance,Drugrunner
he dropped it!

That last one was in fact Divine Intervention.

Interesting call to take the safety. I like it. The Broncos would only have to go 10 to 20 yards to take a 4 point lead. Now they are only up by 3 and if the Patriots can stop them, they will have much better field position.

If ANYONE started denvers def/st they were rewarded. Safety, ints, and a TD on a PR.Message to Shanny.... RUN THE BALL

I don't like it.. normally a good idea, but Elam is out and they can't kick a field goal

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Portis....break it and win my game for me! Down by 18, but he gets 2 pts for every 10 now since he's over 100 (odd rules).

Users who are viewing this thread