What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Garcon, quietly on pace for over 115 receptions 1350 yards (1 Viewer)

How in the world is he matchup dependent? His worst game so far in PPR was against Chicago, 5/58/0. I think alot of people would take that floor. His last 3 games look like this: 21/337/1. Averaging 20.7/game the last 3 weeks. Not sure what else you would want?
And while tds are tough to predict, there appeared to be a concerted effort last night to get him the ball in the Redzone, and he's likely to get a couple 20-30 us tds and a bomb or two as well from here out with his speed and after catch wheels

He had a a bit of dip somewhere in the middle for 3-4 weeks in non ppr, but the emergence of other threats seems to be finally helping him.

I'm blessed at WR, so he hasn't been in my lineup through the blip into his comeback last week, but I slipped him in my line up half an hour before the game last night ( in favour of one of V Jax and Murray ) and I'm certainly glad I did.

The omens look good going forward, and he also ran so aggressively last night it was great to watch

I agree he is still matchup dependant if you have a strong WR group in non PPR. I have Allen, V Jax, Fitz, Garçon and Gordon and it's a nightmare trying to work out who to start every week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe he's matchup dependent in PPR. He's caught 6 or more passes in every game but one. In that one game he had five receptions. He's had double digit targets in every game but two. I think he's a low-end WR1 in PPR. At worst a high-upside WR2. If the TDs start coming I think he'll have WR1 upside in all formats.
I know he had a mediocre stretch of games a few weeks back, but even so he is sniffing top ten overall YTD. Getting a lot of intermediate targets that are nice 20-30 yard receipts along with a couple long shots and a couple or even a few goaline looks. That has ALL the makings of a true number 1 that would be on part with the Denver wrs, above vjax with his QB concerns but below the top tier of megatron and then A Green and Dez. That said I don't see him as they far behind green who is not always consistent with his QB and Dez with the back issue.

So, we've got a guy in they third tier of #5-10 overall going forward if he stays healthy.

Other than those top three and probably D Thomas I'm not sure there is a clear cut WR that I'd way over garçon. He might not be better than others in that tier but no worse either IMO. And he is the est option on a good offense, passing wise (unlike a decker or even Welker whom may have a slightly higher floor but lesser ceiling)
The only thing really holding back his YTD numbers are TDs. Having only 3 on the year his definitely hurting him numbers wise. If he can start catching some TDs, he could easily be among the top 5.

Traded Jordan Cameron high for a perceived "low" garçon a couple weeks ago and it's paying out in dividends.

The Haitian Creation is fun to watch.

That pass off his fingertips to tie it up would have been a cherry on top last night, but from the radio broadcast, sounds like rg3s throw was a little behind.
Was a smidge high. Not sure if he even would've made it into the endzone on that catch as the defender was right there. Would've been close.
I think he would've scored. He's so strong after the catch. I thought Mayock was spot on when he said Garcon plays angry.

It wasn't a picture perfect throw but I thought he should've caught it. With the game on the line that's a pass you gotta catch.
I really haven't noticed until this year (so I am not sure if this is new with him or has always been) but he has some pretty thick legs for a speed WR. So, yeah, he definitely has the power to get those extra yards.

He had a a bit of dip somewhere in the middle for 3-4 weeks in non ppr, but the emergence of other threats seems to be finally helping him.

I'm blessed at WR, so he hasn't been in my lineup through the blip into his comeback last week, but I slipped him in my line up half an hour before the game last night ( in favour of one of V Jax and Murray ) and I'm certainly glad I did.

The omens look good going forward, and he also ran so aggressively last night it was great to watch

I agree he is still matchup dependant if you have a strong WR group in non PPR. I have Allen, V Jax, Fitz, Garçon and Gordon and it's a nightmare trying to work out who to start every week.
I would like to dream your dreams, sir :)

I sat him this week for T.Y. I know, shirt....

I don't know if I will do it again. (Welker and Graham are my other starters)

Users who are viewing this thread