What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Garrett to Denver would make sense (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
I just heard on ESPN radio an interview with someone from the Denver post. When asked who he thought the next Denver coach would be, he replied, "I better save something for my column". Then Garrett's name was thrown at him as the next Denver coach, and he didn't deny it, and endorsed it, and said that Denver would have to be stupid to fire Shanahan and not have a plan.

Garrett would make sense from the standpoint of he seems to be good with young QBs which is great for Cutler, but then again so was Shanny.

I think Denver would be wise to maybe look toward a more defense orientated HC, but maybe Garrett could bring on a strong DC.

If Garrett does go to Denver I think the biggest benefactor would likely be Tony Scheffler. I could also see Denver trading a 3rd rounder(or something) for Tashard Choice.

how about trading a 1st for marion barber instead?

what about josh mcdaniels and romeo or marinelli for DC

Last edited by a moderator:
Garrett would make sense from the standpoint of he seems to be good with young QBs which is great for Cutler, but then again so was Shanny.

I think Denver would be wise to maybe look toward a more defense orientated HC, but maybe Garrett could bring on a strong DC.

If Garrett does go to Denver I think the biggest benefactor would likely be Tony Scheffler. I could also see Denver trading a 3rd rounder(or something) for Tashard Choice.
Unless Jerry Jones gets fleeced in another trade, I have no idea why Dallas would trade Choice for as little as a 3rd. He's proven and cheap insurance for their running game and can help take the load off of Barber in a way that Felix Jones can't on his own. I don't understand why some fans think it's a good idea to trade away depth when it is a valuable commodity that real NFL GMs seek.

I just heard on ESPN radio an interview with someone from the Denver post. When asked who he thought the next Denver coach would be, he replied, "I better save something for my column". Then Garrett's name was thrown at him as the next Denver coach, and he didn't deny it, and endorsed it, and said that Denver would have to be stupid to fire Shanahan and not have a plan.
I hope you are wrong. I would rather see a tough-minded, defensive-oriented coach come in.

As a Dallas fan, i'll pay for Garrett's ticket to Denver. Good riddance. Bring in an offensive coordinator who actually makes adjustments instead of installing the exact same game plan every week for the past 2 seasons.

GM Millen and HC Marinelli are available. Hey Mr. Bowlen, as long as you've decided to screw up and dump one of the best HCs in the business, you might as well go all the way and do it big time.

GM Millen and HC Marinelli are available. Hey Mr. Bowlen, as long as you've decided to screw up and dump one of the best HCs in the business, you might as well go all the way and do it big time.
I hear Marinelli even knows a guy he'd strongly recommend to be DC. You could say he's like family.Seriously, though -- I understand firing Skeletor. He won 2 Super Bowls on the back of Davis and hasn't done that much since, particularly for the division in question. I'm sure he'll get work easily whenever he wants to come back into the fray, but it probably was time to try something different. I think this is a year of defensive coaches getting most jobs, so I think that's likely the way Denver will go. I don't get the love for Garrett. He never impressed me much with Miami.

i hope not, want garrett to stay in dallas.

but i could see him going.

good organization, already starting out with a good qb.

just needs to fix the defense.

gets away from TO and Jerry and the dallas drama.

of course, you still got john garrett as TE coach, and Judd garrett as a scout. and of course his father was a scout in dallas. then he played in dallas.

but he might take all of them with him.

would he really do it? after all Jerry has done for him?

Last edited by a moderator:

Unless Jerry Jones gets fleeced in another trade, I have no idea why Dallas would trade Choice for as little as a 3rd. He's proven and cheap insurance for their running game and can help take the load off of Barber in a way that Felix Jones can't on his own. I don't understand why some fans think it's a good idea to trade away depth when it is a valuable commodity that real NFL GMs seek.
Why would you say that? How do you know that Felix Jones can't "take the load off of Barber"? Hell, maybe he could take the entire load from Barbar.

Why would you say that? How do you know that Felix Jones can't "take the load off of Barber"? Hell, maybe he could take the entire load from Barbar.
Maybe Jones can take the entire load from Barber but assuming that the Cowboys actually aspire to win in the playoffs one day (4,381 days and counting!) they should want depth at the RB position to cover in case of injuries to that oft injured position and work a committee to a certain extent so that Barber/Jones are fresh enough to produce in the playoffs. Choice can contribute to all of that.Another way of looking at it is what are the chances that the Cowboys would do better with a third round draft pick then Choice?

Garrett did absolutely nothing this year to prove that he is HC material. He was as responsible as anyone for Dallas' horrible play this year.

If Garrett does go to Denver I think the biggest benefactor would likely be Tony Scheffler Romo. I could also see Denver trading a 3rd rounder(or something) for Tashard Choice.
corrected

Garrett did absolutely nothing this year to prove that he is HC material. He was as responsible as anyone for Dallas' horrible play this year.
:goodposting: He is a zero at adjusting to defenses. He starts every year with a bang and slowly fizzles to nothing. Against good DC's he gets his aXX handed to him.

Garrett would make sense from the standpoint of he seems to be good with young QBs which is great for Cutler, but then again so was Shanny. I think Denver would be wise to maybe look toward a more defense orientated HC, but maybe Garrett could bring on a strong DC.If Garrett does go to Denver I think the biggest benefactor would likely be Tony Scheffler. I could also see Denver trading a 3rd rounder(or something) for Tashard Choice.
And you give Garrett credit for Romo's performance based on............? Name me the other QB's he's made good.Also why would Denver trade for a player like Choice when the Bronco's have an excellent history in finding hidden gems later on in drafts?

Also why would Denver trade for a player like Choice when the Bronco's have an excellent history in finding hidden gems later on in drafts?
Pretty much guaranteed to have both a new GM and new Head Coach and very well could replace the entire front office before the draft. You make a great point here. :thumbup:

CanadianNFLJunkie said:

And you give Garrett credit for Romo's performance based on............? Name me the other QB's he's made good.Also why would Denver trade for a player like Choice when the Bronco's have an excellent history in finding hidden gems later on in drafts?
New personnel brings new philosophies

Broncos Offense-TM-Broncos Jan. 1 - 10:26 pm et

The Broncos have requested permission to interview Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett for their head-coaching vacancy.

Owner Pat Bowlen's plate is filling up and it's unknown when he'll interview Garrett. The league's highest paid coordinator, Garrett oversaw a Dallas offense in 2008 that took a step back after finishing No. 3 overall the year prior. Garrett turned down the Lions, but Denver is a far more attractive job.

Source: Denver Post

Related: Cowboys

Users who are viewing this thread