What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

George Soros and anti-Semitism (1 Viewer)

I wasn’t aware that Business Insider was anti-semetic.  Surely he didn’t say those things.

Soros biggest evil has become America's Constitution and the liberty it guarantees.  Soros' vision was for what he called an 'open society' which initially was against the oppressive anti-communist regimes, but has morphed into some globalist elitist ruling class which fight for his pet peeve issues.  Like many great tyrant wannabes, Soros opposes tyranny unless it is his tyranny.   Soros also views himself as some kind of god.  Soros idralogy is right inline with Tim's elitist beliefs where educated people rule over the dumb masses and tell them what to think.  

I wasn’t aware that Business Insider was anti-semetic.  Surely he didn’t say those things.

LA Times article from 2018 showing the influence of Soros and other outsider money on these DA races.  

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-prosecutor-campaign-20180523-story.html

Ignore all that.  Let's focus on why you're anti-sematic.

Tips that might mean you hate Jews;

• You've criticized a Jewish person at anytime in your life - but only the right Jews.  Jews that don't support the proper tribe are okay to criticize.  Jews that do support the proper tribe - you're anti-sematic.
  • You've provided links to articles that bring up actual statements made by a Jewish person who supports the right tribe.
  • You're unaware of X business being anti-sematic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it so difficult to think that some of the criticism of Soros is in fact anti-semitism? It doesn't mean that every instance is, or even that a majority of them are. But to immediately shrug it off and not even acknowledge the possibility is not a good look.

Why is it so difficult to think that some of the criticism of Soros is in fact anti-semitism? It doesn't mean that every instance is, or even that a majority of them are. But to immediately shrug it off and not even acknowledge the possibility is not a good look.
I don’t think it affects a thing he does.  

I don’t doubt that there are anti-semites that hate Soros.  He’s Jewish and they’re anti-semites so it would seem logical.

I think it's bad to criticize people for being Jewish.  It's also bad to criticize them falsely based on ant-Semitic stereotypes.  For example, I do not want to see people bashing George Soros for drinking the blood of Gentile children since he obviously does no such thing.

Having said that, the fact remains that George Soros is a very wealthy person with a globalist orientation who uses his money and connections to influence policy behind the scenes. That's the sort of thing that tends to make one a target for criticism.  It's not our fault that he's living out an anti-Semitic trope.  

Seems weird the right isn’t allowed to criticize a billionaire who this year alone has given more than 125 million to leftist pacs, supporting some of the most vile candidates running in federal and state elections. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems weird the right isn’t allowed to criticize a billionaire who this year alone has given more than 125 million to leftist pacs, supporting some of the most vile candidates running in federal and state elections. 
Who was the most vile candidate he funded?

Sure seems like money in politics is the root problem. Let’s maybe solve that?

Politicians going INTO office broke and coming out multimillionaires is definitely a problem.   But If it wasn't money it would be something else.  Something would have to fill the void.  Maybe chickens?

How do you put politicians into office without money being involved?

Conversely, why is it so difficult to think that some (or even most) of the criticism of Soros is not anti-semitic?  I don't follow him closely but I was familiar with his Jewish heritage and experience in Hungary.  I have often read about the anti-semitism he faces but I have never actually seen any anti-semitic statements against him.  Clearly they exist, especially some offensive cartoons.  But his political influence in DA races and other areas seem like more immediate reasons for people to express anti-Soros sentiment.

Politicians going INTO office broke and coming out multimillionaires is definitely a problem.   But If it wasn't money it would be something else.  Something would have to fill the void.  Maybe chickens?

How do you put politicians into office without money being involved?
No clue as it’s not my world but I’m sure if we wanted to we could. But some off the top of my head pre coffee.  Stop all political donations.  Put on free town hall debates.  For major offices require networks to air.  No more commercials allowed .  Limited “newspaper/internet” paid allowance.  Election staffs are unpaid volunteers.  Etc etc etc.  

Would it be easy? Hell no, we’ve allowed and built this broken system for a long long time. Radical reform is hard, but it at this point it’s exceedingly obvious how broken and manipulated it has become.  Tear it down and rebuild it, or continue to allow the rich and powerful to freely and openly control our laws and governance.  

Has anybody in here said that absolutely zero attacks are anti semitic? 

Let me answer my own question... No. Nope. Nobody has said that.

It seems of course everybody would know that a famous Jewish guy has experienced at least one anti semitic statement in his life.

So the obvious assumption should be when somebody says that "criticism of George Soros isn't antisemitic,"

....they don't mean absolutely 100% of the time, always. You start bad faith discussion by trying what you are trying here. 

Users who are viewing this thread