What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Give Me Your All Bust Team - Top 75 ADP (1 Viewer)

LHUCKS

Footballguy
Mine

QB - Matt Ryan - not enough TDs to justify ADP

RB - Trent Richardson - injuries, terrible team

RB - Jamaal Charles - Durability, terrible team

WR - Andre Johnson - Durability, TD upside

WR - Mike Wallace - Targets, One dimensional, holdout, emergence of Brown

WR - Wes Welker - Durability, competition for targets

Last edited by a moderator:
Newton, Peyton Manning, and ADP are going to ruin the most teams this year. None of these guys has a prayer of justifying their price.

Mine

And naturally, this is moronic. But you know that, and are just saying it to generate a response. Why are you so pathetic?

Newton, Peyton Manning, and ADP are going to ruin the most teams this year. None of these guys has a prayer of justifying their price.
I got peyton in the 8th as my QB1. I think he has a chance to win me my league this year. (russell wilson in the 10th to back him up).

Mine

And naturally, this is moronic. But you know that, and are just saying it to generate a response. Why are you so pathetic?
what is with the name calling? how about telling us why you disagree with him instead of telling him he's pathetic and moronic? what's pathetic is your post.

-----------

i disagree with the ryan call. i see him going around 5th/6th and i think that's about right for him. they're starting to tailor the offense around the passing game - he's got great weapons in roddy, julio, and quizz in the passing game. i think his numbers will see a nice uptick, could be a great value by out-performing his adp.

ETA: i want to disagree on richardson and feel he will show everyone why he was a top 5 pick, but it's hard to argue because we haven't seen anything from him yet.

Mine

what is with the name calling? how about telling us why you disagree with him instead of telling him he's pathetic and moronic? what's pathetic is your post.

-----------

i disagree with the ryan call. i see him going around 5th/6th and i think that's about right for him. they're starting to tailor the offense around the passing game - he's got great weapons in roddy, julio, and quizz in the passing game. i think his numbers will see a nice uptick, could be a great value by out-performing his adp.
I think 5th/6th is about right for Ryan, the problem is he has jumped up to even the 2nd round in some drafts, I dont think he will perform to his adp.

I don't think I would consider Kansas City a terrible team. Charles makes a pretty nice RB2 IMO.
fair enough, I am projecting a bit thereTheir upside as a team and offensive unit is mediocre, I think most agree with that.
KC actually has the chance to be sneaky good. Good WR, Good RB, good TE. Charles looks ready to return to 2010 form. I like him a lot as a RB2.

Mine

-----------

I think 5th/6th is about right for Ryan, the problem is he has jumped up to even the 2nd round in some drafts, I dont think he will perform to his adp.
wow 2nd... i didn't realize he had gotten up that high. if that's the case, i agree.

I don't think I would consider Kansas City a terrible team. Charles makes a pretty nice RB2 IMO.
fair enough, I am projecting a bit thereTheir upside as a team and offensive unit is mediocre, I think most agree with that.
KC actually has the chance to be sneaky good. Good WR, Good RB, good TE. Charles looks ready to return to 2010 form. I like him a lot as a RB2.
I hear this every time I turn on the radio (living in missouri) and its not true, Moeaki is ok at best and this move to a two TE offense is gonna blow up in their face with Cassel.

QB: Michael Vick

RB: Adrian Peterson

RB: Ahmad Bradshaw

WR: Larry Fitzgerald

WR: Andre Johnson

TE: Jermichael Finley

FLEX: Mike Wallace

Not the worst squad ever, but I'd be pretty nervous if I drafted this team.

MineQB - Matt Ryan - not enough TDs to justify ADPRB - Trent Richardson - injuries, terrible teamRB - Jamaal Charles - Durability, terrible teamWR - Andre Johnson - Durability, TD upsideWR - Mike Wallace - Targets, One dimensional, holdout, emergence of BrownWR - Wes Welker - Durability, competition for targets
In a 0 PPR league, I agree with all of them. In a PPR league, I am less sure. Johnson will still catch a ton of passes. IMO, injuries for WR are not the same as RBs, so I would not say AJ is an injury risk . . . maybe some concern but not a huge red flag risk.Maybe I am the only one around here, but I don't see Welker losing many targets. Last year his numbers were over the top, but I still see him getting his 150 targets and 110 catches. I don't see how any guy in that range cold be considered a bust. Brady has relied on him more and more over the years . . . not less. NE paid him roughly doulbe what he got last year. I am not buying the conspiracy theory that they will phase him out of the offense. Adding Lloyd and more screen plays only adds to Welker's game. With more bodies to cover and more parts of the field for defenders now having to defend, Welker will have even more room to roam free. Since some people have concerns about the Pats OL, the 5 yard quick dump off should be en vogue again to minimize the pass rush and keep Brady standing upright. Again, I don't see much down side for Welker. I do see a lower yardage total, as I don't think he will run as many intermediate routes this year compared to last. Maybe Welker could be considered slightly overvalued where he is getting drafted, but a bust? I don't see it.

Cam Newton-Same stuff everyone says

Marshawn Lynch-not logic, just don't trust him

MJD

Victor Cruz-I assume some regression from those huge plays

Dez Bryant- I'm still trying to figure out how he's going so much higher than DHB

Demaryius Thomas- Being drafted like he's done it before.

Aaron Hernandez-Gut feeling. Too many people keep saying, "You know, I bet Hernandez outscores Gronk this year"

MineQB - Matt Ryan - not enough TDs to justify ADPRB - Trent Richardson - injuries, terrible teamRB - Jamaal Charles - Durability, terrible teamWR - Andre Johnson - Durability, TD upsideWR - Mike Wallace - Targets, One dimensional, holdout, emergence of BrownWR - Wes Welker - Durability, competition for targets
In a 0 PPR league, I agree with all of them.
yeah, this was non-PPR, Welker is still worth an early pick with PPR. We'll agree to disagree on Johnson. :hifive:

:no: QB - Tom Brady - Attempts, yards, and TDs will all drop.

RB - Darren McFadden - Mr. Glass will be on the shelf by week 10.

RB - Jamaal Charles - Not a featured back and still coming back from injury.

WR - Brandon Lloyd - Journeyman with one good season in his career. Not enough targets to keep his stats up.

WR - Jordy Nelson - Should still be okay, but will not duplicate TD total from last year.

WR - Roddy White - Should still be solid, but will cede some of his production to Jones.

TE - Rob Gronkowski - Career year in 2011.

Ryan if he keeps moving closer to the first pick overall. I also think Peyton will have some bumps in the road. I don't know if he will bust, but I don't think he will be a clone of the old Peyton.

Jones-Drew cause you can't score if you don't play. I also think JStewart could end up as a puzzle piece more than a big contributor in CAR.

Cruz & Nicks. G-men will have a better running game and a healthier defense. The Giants had a huge spike in passing production. I think they are a leading candidate to revert to their normal numbers.

QB: Cam Newton - Passing yards declined as last season went on. Also, a bit of an injury risk due to his style of play.

RB: Darren Sproles - Opponents will put more focus on him and his reception/receiving TD production will fall.

RB: Reggie Bush - Gets dinged up too often to rely on as a consistent runner and he actually doesn't catch as many passes as he did in his first couple years.

WR: Brandon Lloyd - too many folks are assuming he'll steal a bunch of targets from Gronk/Hernandez/Welker. He's more of a deep threat and the offense will continue to be focused on the short passing game. I'm guessing 40-ish catches for 700-800 yards.

WR: Demaryius Thomas - Too much of his production last year came from broken Tebow miracle plays. Manning should help him but Decker will be the far more productive receiver here.

WR: Jordy Nelson - Too many targets in GB to rely on anyone for that many yards/TDs.

QB - Tom Brady - Attempts, yards, and TDs will all drop.
This version of LHUCKS thread focuses on BUSTS. Brady is a bust candidate? Really? Bust to me means a major disappointment. Like not even close to what he was drafted as. If Brady drops all the way down to 575 attempts, 4700 yards, and only 34 TD . . . is that a bust?

Cam Newton - Passing tailed off after torrid start. Is 14 rushing TD's replicatable? Do the Panthers want that? I think he should be drafted closer to the range of Ryan/Eli/Vick versus Brees/Brady/Stafford/Rodgers. He'll underwhelm at his ADP.

MJD - He still has a 2nd/3rd round ADP. He simply picked the wrong time to engage in a power play move. New owner. New coach - we finished in last place with you, we can finish in last place without you mentiality. Even if he comes back in the next week, I think some dye has been cast with regard to his workload.

Wes Welker - Simply don't see the same reliance on him in the passing game as in years past.

QB - Tom Brady - Attempts, yards, and TDs will all drop.
This version of LHUCKS thread focuses on BUSTS. Brady is a bust candidate? Really? Bust to me means a major disappointment. Like not even close to what he was drafted as. If Brady drops all the way down to 575 attempts, 4700 yards, and only 34 TD . . . is that a bust?
That depends on your definition of bust.I think the whole Pats offense is a sell, as I don't expect any of them to meet their average projections.So for me that would make Brady a bust. Is he going to flop like JaMarcus Russell? Of course not.

Cam Newton - Passing tailed off after torrid start. Is 14 rushing TD's replicatable? Do the Panthers want that? I think he should be drafted closer to the range of Ryan/Eli/Vick versus Brees/Brady/Stafford/Rodgers. He'll underwhelm at his ADP.

MJD - He still has a 2nd/3rd round ADP. He simply picked the wrong time to engage in a power play move. New owner. New coach - we finished in last place with you, we can finish in last place without you mentiality. Even if he comes back in the next week, I think some dye has been cast with regard to his workload.

Wes Welker - Simply don't see the same reliance on him in the passing game as in years past.
On board with all of these...I thought MJD was too obvious so I didn't call it out.I do think Cam has a high floor because of his rushing, so I don't know that he would completely bust.

Mine

As much as his pompous attitude usually ruins some things...this topic was not one where he did anymore than give his opinion and you went and tooled it up.WTF???

BTW...I agree that Ryan won't live up to the hype this year.

I actually agree with his picks (though, several of them are pretty obvious given injury issues (Charles and Johnson) and holdout issues with Wallace.

IMO...biggest one is Gronk. Going that high and has his own durability issues.

Mine

really? Poor form man.

I would say:

QB Eli Manning - I just don't see the value in the 4th round. Clearly he had a career year with lots of fluky long TD's from Victor Cruz. I think he's serviceable but not as a #4 QB (on the bench: Michael Vick)

RB MJD - Hate to pile on but nothing good fantasy-wise is going to come out of this situation

RB Michael Turner - As a guy who drafted Curtis Martin one year too late, the signs are pretty clear to me to stay away.

WR Mike Wallace - ditto for the MJD situation. Hammy OTW.

WR Brandon Lloyd - As much as the Audible guys are loving him, I just can't seem to make the number work where he is going to get enough targets to be worth a 4th/5th round pick.

TE Jermichael Finley - I just don't see how he is any of a better fantasy prospect than ANY of the TE's taken in the back part of the draft.

QB: Cam Newton – History is not on his side for repeating his 2011 stats

RB: MJD – Dreaded holdout puts him behind to the physical demands of the position

RB: ABrad – Durability issues and only 1 season of +200 carries

WR: AJo – durability issues and run first philosophy cut into production

WR: SSmith – Cam holds production back

TE: VDavis – Run first offense and average QB play

Honorable mention

QB: Vick – durability cuts into production

RB: TRich – tough divisional opponents and lack of surrounding talent

RB: Sproles – being drafted based on career year; distractions of Bounty-gate prove too much

WR: Lloyd – competition for targets results in inconsistent production

WR: Wallace – no training camp puts him behind mentally and physically

TE: Finley – over drafted again; durability will cut into his production

Not really sure why people think that Cruz will be a bust. I've been disappointed that I haven't been able to get him in any of my drafts so far. He's looked like a beast in preseason even without having Nicks to take some of the pressure off of him. He just gets open, and I think Eli will be throwing to him a lot. I know it's just preseason, but the Giants run game has not looked impressive to me.

Not really sure why people think that Cruz will be a bust. I've been disappointed that I haven't been able to get him in any of my drafts so far. He's looked like a beast in preseason even without having Nicks to take some of the pressure off of him. He just gets open, and I think Eli will be throwing to him a lot. I know it's just preseason, but the Giants run game has not looked impressive to me.
Absolutely. I got Cruz at 3.11 in one draft and I'm pretty ecstatic about that. I don't expect last year's numbers, but he's going to be a factor each week, regardless of who the defenses choose to double. The dude is just slippery and quick and simply gets open, and Eli loves throwing him the ball. He's a lock to repeat as a top 5 WR barring injury IMO.

There are a ton of guys in the first two rounds that I don't like and think they will bust based upon their draft position:

1. Chris Johnson - being drafted as the fourth RB off the board. I think he rebounds some this year, but not enough to warrant a 1.6 pick. I'd take him as an RB2 in the 2nd or 3rd round, but not where he's going. I don't think you just turn on and off like he's trying to do. Some of his crappiness last year is going to bleed over to this year.

2. Gronk - I love him. I had him last year and he helped me win the championship. But a healthy Hernandez and the addition of Lloyd will mean less targets and TD's for Gronk. In order to justify his high draft position, he'd have to outperform Gates, Hernandez, and Davis by a huge amount, and I don't think he does that. I do think Graham is worth his draft spot.

3. Fitz - Again, another guy I really like, but it looks like Kolb will be the opening day starter, and that will hurt Fitz. That offensive line is a mess, and the QB's actually seem to have regressed from last year. I don't see him finishing the year as the #2 WR. I'd almost take the whole slew of guys drafted in rounds 2 and 3 over him.

4. Forte - I'm not buying. Bush wasn't brought in just to be a pretty face. They will split up the carries and Forte's numbers will suffer. As with CJ, I don't think he's going to end up ranked #20 or anything, but there's no way I draft him in the first round.

5. Charles - I am just at a loss how people are drafting him so high his first year back from an ACL. I don't get it. These guys don't recover in one year, especially a guy who relies so much on speed and quickness. I'm staying far away from Charles.

McFadden and Charles due to injury risk would be at the top of my list.

Brees due to just overall ####storm that team has gone through and well he just had a ######ely good season, can only regress.

Fitzgerald's Oline is a mess and well the QB's are awful.

Gronk can't possibly reproduce that season.

QB - Payton Manning - Looked good last week but just don't trust him to make it the entire season

RB - Chris Johnson - Drafted way too high for my liking

RB - Ryan Matthews - Don't like the fact he was injured on his first carry. Too fragile for my liking

WR - Andre Johnson - His better days are behind him and he has alot of mileage on him

WR - Greg Jennings - As much as it pains me to say this as a Packer fan I love him but I just think there are too many

targets in GB to justify him being the 5th or 6th WR off the board

TE - Vernon Davis - Not a huge bust but I think with the WR and RB's that SF now has and the emergence of young TE's like

F Davis, Gresham and Cook I see Davis ending up in the TE 10 to 15 range this year.

Can we stop with the Fitzgerald as a bust, he had the same crappy quarterbacks last year and put up 1400 and 8. I could be his quarterback and he would still put up 1000+ 7+.

QB - Matthew Stafford

RB - Reggie Bush

RB - Matt Forte

WR - AJ Green

WR - Brandon Lloyd

TE - Jermichael Finley

Fl - Percy Harvin

DEF - Bills

QB:Stafford - injury history

RB: Forte - no TDs, other options for Cutler

RB: Jackson - Will not surprise anyone this year, they will make Fitzgerald beat them

WR: Jennings - will be game time decision a bunch

WR: Demaryious - will he gel with Peyton?

WR: Wallace - hate late arrivers

TE: Finley - he's just not that good

I don't know what Cam Newton needs to do to prove to the world that he's a special player.

1st, Florida doesn't turn their heads as they should have, and would have, had they known they had the best college player in history on their hands. And that it's wasn't Tim Tebow.

Then, Mississippi St. claims he isn't worth $200,000. Again, the best college football player ever, for the very fair price of 1/5 a mil. How much would a Heisman and National Championship bring in? 50 Mil? 60?

Shortly after the best college season ever, pundits left and right claim he's a bust and not worth the #1 pick.

Now, after the best rookie season ever, the Shark Pool writes him off because he's too good to be true. People often say, "Wait until defenses figure him out." No, my misguided friends. You wait until Cam Newton figures defenses out. Wait roughly a week and a half.

The training wheels are coming off! 9-7+ record, 4000YRD/28TD/15INT/700YRD/10TD + stats.

I don't know what Cam Newton needs to do to prove to the world that he's a special player.
I kind of agree...but his ADP is currently #12 at CBS.That means a lot of people are quite convinced.
I was partly joking. His ADP is fine. This forum doesn't seem to mirror that, however. It's easier to believe that he will eventually come back down to their initial expectations, than to believe they were wrong to this degree.

I was very questionable on Cam going into this season, after watching him this preseason it became apparent that he really is prototypical.

He seems so confident, id draft him personally if I didnt religiously draft QBBC.

I kind of agree...but his ADP is currently #12 at CBS.That means a lot of people are quite convinced.
I was partly joking. His ADP is fine. This forum doesn't seem to mirror that, however.
I love Cam and I hope you're right, but I think it's just that when looking for a 1st round QB to predict a disappointing season from......the 2nd year player with only 21 passing TDs, no 300 yard games after WK4, and who's value was helped by a regression screaming 14 rushing TDs on a team with 3 other capable, well compensated RBs.....makes for an easy target.I've only had keeper league auctions so far where Cam obviously wasn't available (and I'm sure never will be). I'd love to have him and I'd pay a premium, but there some legitimate reasons to be cautious.

I love Cam and I hope you're right, but I think it's just that when looking for a 1st round QB to predict a disappointing season from......the 2nd year player with only 21 passing TDs, no 300 yard games after WK4, and who's value was helped by a regression screaming 14 rushing TDs on a team with 3 other capable, well compensated RBs.....makes for an easy target.
He is a very easy target. The lazy love easy.I know I sound ridiculous when talking about him (the way the world talked about Luck last season), but I buy it. All of it. Schtick On:You said it. JUST 21 passing TDs. Look how much room for improvement that entails. People seem to ignore than while screaming that the sky, and Cam Newton's rushing TDs, are falling. Newton's numbers dropped by design. The Panthers decided that they needed to, in order to win games. And they did. But they know what they have and they know where he can take them, without the restrictions.

Users who are viewing this thread