What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Giving Up Too Much for AJ Green? (1 Viewer)

az1538

Footballguy
Possible trade: McCoy & Maclin for AJ. 

My team in 12-team PPR:

QB: Ryan (streaming QBs)

RB: Miller, DeAngelo, McCoy, Gordon, Crowell, Dion Lewis, Cadet

WR: Cooper, Maclin, Shepard, Sharpe, Josh Gordon

TE: Gates, James

His team:

QB: Luck, Prescott

RB: Woodhead, Ingram, Riddick, Duke J., Thompson, McKinnon

WR: AJ, Dez, Demaryus, Sanu, R. Matthews

TE: Barnidge

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd do it.  You can run Melvin Gordon as your RB2...im not even sure he's a step down from McCoy at this point.  Maclin is going to be okay, but he'll never be AJ and I don't love his situation (Alex Smith...).

It will also give you a huge advantage for the next couple weeks, until Bell gets back, since you can run DeAngelo in flex (and you have a great potential stash in Dion Lewis, assuming he gets fully healthy again.)

Mine: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/748199-would-you-pick-up-eifert/

Thanks for helping with mine. 

I would do the trade. I like explosive players. You have the depth at Rb and Wr to make the move. With Gordon now getting more catches, McCoy may be only a situational play anyway. 

So, I forgot I play this guy this week. And CIN is playing DEN. I don't think I want to improve his RB situation; I may wait till next week to make the offer

I think I would pass for at least this week too.  For one, I think throwing in McCoy to go from Maclin (who is a pretty solid WR option) to Green is a pretty big expense.  When you add on that he is improving his RB situation to play you I think I hold off.  You didn't list how many you start at each position either but I'm not sold on your RB depth being as great as others think.  DWill soon goes to the bench.  Crowell had a big running day last week but Cleveland plays from behind a lot which brings in the Duke.  They are also down to their 3rd string QB by week 3.  Gordon should be a bellcow now but we don't have a large sample size yet.  I also might be more inclined to package Maclin and Crowell for a WR upgrade.  Shady is a pretty decent pass catcher.

I think I would pass for at least this week too.  For one, I think throwing in McCoy to go from Maclin (who is a pretty solid WR option) to Green is a pretty big expense.  When you add on that he is improving his RB situation to play you I think I hold off.  You didn't list how many you start at each position either but I'm not sold on your RB depth being as great as others think.  DWill soon goes to the bench.  Crowell had a big running day last week but Cleveland plays from behind a lot which brings in the Duke.  They are also down to their 3rd string QB by week 3.  Gordon should be a bellcow now but we don't have a large sample size yet.  I also might be more inclined to package Maclin and Crowell for a WR upgrade.  Shady is a pretty decent pass catcher.
Thanks for the honest feeback. We start the ESPN standard 9 players with a RB/WR position.

My hesitancy for trading Crowell (which I'd rather do than McCoy) is he's one of my potental keepers for next year. We're allowed to keep one person that we drafted in the 8th round or later. My possible keepers are Crow, DeAngelo, Gates, Shepard, James, Lewis and Sharpe. So, I'm hesitant to get rid of any of those guys this early. I'd hate to trade a guy like Crow now, and then he blows up and then I can no longer keep him.

Let me ask you this: what if it was Julio instead of AJ for the same two guys (McCoy and Maclin)? Would you feel the same way?

Welp, the Julio owner (who desperately needed an RB) took my Maclin/McCoy offer. I love having RB depth, but I also love Julio.

I did pick up Asiata and I do have Lewis waiting in an IR spot, so hopefully my RB's will be okay

Users who are viewing this thread