What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Good Riddance Norv Turner (1 Viewer)

First and goal with a minute to go in the game. Down by 9 points. The next four plays proceed as such:1. Running play in a running formation.2. Running play in a running formation.3. Running play in a running formation.4. Running play in a running formation.On first down, I can see a running play in a running formation. On second, spread the players out and use a tight end or Moss, who has excellent goalline talent. On third, spread the players out again. Don't use the clock up and don't burn time outs. On fourth, kick a freakin' field goal because you need one sooner or later. Turner's play calling last night was the worst I have ever seen and I am a Packer fan who lived through the 4th and 26 debacle. I am looking forward to seeing this guy get canned. Moron.

On 4th down, the Collins sneak was as predictable as it gets.The announcers made a good point last night. It's easy to say that Turner will get fired, but who is out there to replace him?

On 4th down, the Collins sneak was as predictable as it gets.

The announcers made a good point last night. It's easy to say that Turner will get fired, but who is out there to replace him?
Martz?

The announcers made a good point last night. It's easy to say that Turner will get fired, but who is out there to replace him?
Martz?
Good one. The guy I wanted got an extension from Notre Dame.

Dom Capers? :yucky:

Norv is a dope, yes, but blame also goes to the Raider OL. If you can't get 1 measly yard with your "goalline back" in four tries, then you've failed. Miserably. Blame all around, IMO.

Jimmy Raye: offensive and I do mean OFFENSIVE co-ordinator had singlehandedly destroyed this offense. Norv gets an assist. Raye has destroyed every offense he has ever been a part of. Always keep track of where this bozo rears his head because he will downgrade any FF production from that team.

throwing some names around...kubiak

mariucci

butch davis

sean payton

The announcers made a good point last night.  It's easy to say that Turner will get fired, but who is out there to replace him?

mariucci
I'd love to see Kubiak return to his old stomping grounds of Houston.......and the Texans do have Dan Reeves possibly returning to a higher position, depending on whether or not Charlie Casserly gets the axe along with Dom Capers. But he is an offensive minded coordinator who has worked with Steve Young and John Elway in the past. I've mentioned this guy to a few people with the hopes of Gary coming home to run the team in Houston.Hell I'd be happy with Mooch in HTown.........anyone but Capers. He is gone.

I think I would like to see Payton get the nod here, but at the same time I am not sure Al will go with an unproven coach. Mooch could be a possibility I guess, but I really don't see that as a big upgrade.

The announcers made a good point last night.  It's easy to say that Turner will get fired, but who is out there to replace him?
No way Al Davis hires a Shanahan protege. And no way a Shanahan protege signs on with Davis.

Turner is still living off the reputation from his days on Dallas' staff during their Super Bowl days in the early 90's. And with Aikman, Novacek and Irvin all having prominent analyst/announcing jobs, he is always guaranteed favorable coverage on NFL telecasts.

That was indeed one of the worst series of play calling I've ever seen... Moss has every reason to be mad for not being put back in there. I mean damn, that guy alone will get one, probably even two guys covering him, which is one or two fewer people to stuff the middle... this ain't rocket science!

Norv is a dope, yes, but blame also goes to the Raider OL. If you can't get 1 measly yard with your "goalline back" in four tries, then you've failed. Miserably. Blame all around, IMO.
Isn't it the coach's job to get the O-line playing well? This O-line has underachieved all year.....

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread