What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Google drive (1 Viewer)

prosopis

Arizona Chupacabra
I am new to google drive. I am setting up simple spreadsheets. How do I get the rows/columns to automatically add? I am used to ms works with their tools that talked you through simple calcs. I dont see any options for this in google drive :wall:

I am new to google drive. I am setting up simple spreadsheets. How do I get the rows/columns to automatically add? I am used to ms works with their tools that talked you through simple calcs. I dont see any options for this in google drive :wall:
I'm not familiar with Google Drive however I thought it was a cloud server? Are you talking about Google Docs?

I'm not familiar with Google Drive however I thought it was a cloud server? Are you talking about Google Docs?
:shrug:I go into google drive and there I find docs.

I guess it is both. I downloaded a program that lets me have it on hard drive as well as in space some where. Like voodoo magic.

Like I said, I'm not too familiar with either but I am going to look into Google Drive

Like I said, I'm not too familiar with either but I am going to look into Google Drive
Google Drive is basically google docs rebranded + some other stuff

'prosopis said:
'Mr.Pack said:
'prosopis said:
We use GDrive quite a bit. Here's more than you ever wanted or needed to know about it... In short Google Drive is the cloud server where you store and share stuff. Google docs is the one of the apps/features/software that allow you to access and manipulate various files. Kind of like MS Office, but so much more.To confuse matters, google docs used to be the storage service but thats now called google drive. They did not deprecate the term google docs, rather just rolled it into GDrive. and sometimes use it to mean the same thingNow when you are in GDrive and click "Create" you get a list of what used to be Google Docs.Gdrive/Docs is not a complete office replacement yet. But seeing as its free and can handle most tasks that the general business crowd needs, it tends to preclude us from buying new copies of ms office. Combine it with the cloud storage aspect and how we no longer need an in house Server guy, and its gold Jerry, gold

We are using it now instead of a file server or sharepoint. All team members can see where in the spreadsheet someone else is at the sametime and can see edits as they happen. Pretty sweet. Has anyone migrated to enterprise gmail? I am in the early stages of moving our company to it now.

We are using it now instead of a file server or sharepoint. All team members can see where in the spreadsheet someone else is at the sametime and can see edits as they happen. Pretty sweet. Has anyone migrated to enterprise gmail? I am in the early stages of moving our company to it now.
Yes. Best move we ever made. It works great and started a movement in our company to move all of our servers to the cloud and SaaS subscriptions rather than installed software.

We are doing the same thing at my company. I just set up everyone with google cloud connect so that they can work on an actual MS office documents and have them cloud sync with google drive in real time. I am very interested in the enterprise gmail transition as well.

Yes. Best move we ever made. It works great and started a movement in our company to move all of our servers to the cloud and SaaS subscriptions rather than installed software.
This. Made the move ~2 months ago and it also triggered a more widespread migration to cloud storage/servers.Note, a lot of the old timers had a real tough time getting used to gmail. I think it was just the fact that it wasnt Outlook 2002 and they didnt want to learn anything new. But either way they squawked about it quite a bit. For a couple of the worst offenders i just plugged them back into outlook via gmail, and said "don't come crying when your pst file is corrupt, or you miss out on the integration with other google products

I have (finally) started to upload photos to Google Drive from my IPhone as I ran out of space. The app is relatively easy but I have the following issues

- it's hard to know which photos you have already uploaded as you select them individually. I have 8000+ photos so it's a massive job. You then have to go back and delete them individually

- it uses date modified as opposed to date created. This is a pain because sometime the photos show the date the photo was taken, other times it shows the date it was uploaded, I can't seem to figure out how/why it does that. I'd want them all sorted on the day they were taken.

I have (finally) started to upload photos to Google Drive from my IPhone as I ran out of space. The app is relatively easy but I have the following issues

- it's hard to know which photos you have already uploaded as you select them individually. I have 8000+ photos so it's a massive job. You then have to go back and delete them individually

- it uses date modified as opposed to date created. This is a pain because sometime the photos show the date the photo was taken, other times it shows the date it was uploaded, I can't seem to figure out how/why it does that. I'd want them all sorted on the day they were taken.
Dropbox account for $10/month is the some of the best money I've ever spent. Don't ever have to worry about losing a file again, and the iphone app has a 1-touch upload photos button whenever you're connected to wifi

Check out the Google Plus app and the Autobackup feature... let it do the work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread