What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Got a Christmas card from someone we don't know. (1 Viewer)

Galileo

Footballguy
Got a Christmas (or should I say X-mas to get under some people's skin? ) card in the mail today.  Neither my wife nor I recognize the name or the people pictured in the family photo on the card.  Nice looking family...wife is hot...2 young kids, boy and a girl.  My name and address is on the envelope, so it doesn't seem like an accident.  I am shuked.

As a child my family got a card from Belgium every Christmas. We knew they were somehow related to us but none of us understood Belgiumise so it always remained a mystery to us.

You probably slipped into a parallel universe where you know each other. Anything else slightly off in your day to day? Quick, who won the Superbowl last year?

Google their name. Probably a child of a cousin.
Have tried...not much comes up.  Found an old wedding registry link from 2013.  I have also seen a few of those records search sites reporting their ages and names of relatives...nothing rings a bell.  Never got anything from them before.  They live locally (NE Ohio) and they seem to have family connections in New Castle, PA.  But I have no association with New Castle or any of the relative names that have turned up.   It appears as though the guy owns a plumbing business.  I thought maybe this was a business PR move.  I have gotten a card from a contractor before with whom I had done business, but I have never heard of his company name, and I have never done any business with his company.   There are no business references on the card.   :shrug:

Got a Christmas (or should I say X-mas to get under some people's skin? ) card in the mail today.  Neither my wife nor I recognize the name or the people pictured in the family photo on the card.  Nice looking family...wife is hot...2 young kids, boy and a girl.  My name and address is on the envelope, so it doesn't seem like an accident.  I am shuked.
Local Realtor....

Xmas is fine

The "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, which in English is "Christ"

He's quite right, and I was goning to get on the other poster for the same reason.
I know he's right. It's just that even if I'm quite right, he calls me intellectually pretentious. 

He even left a Good Will Hunting clip for me once.  

It's all in good fun.  

Have tried...not much comes up.  Found an old wedding registry link from 2013.  I have also seen a few of those records search sites reporting their ages and names of relatives...nothing rings a bell.  Never got anything from them before.  They live locally (NE Ohio) and they seem to have family connections in New Castle, PA.  But I have no association with New Castle or any of the relative names that have turned up.   It appears as though the guy owns a plumbing business.  I thought maybe this was a business PR move.  I have gotten a card from a contractor before with whom I had done business, but I have never heard of his company name, and I have never done any business with his company.   There are no business references on the card.   :shrug:
I grew up in New Castle, PA still have much family there, actually heading there soon.  Throw the name at me.

Probably another forum somewhere with a dude talking about sending Christmas cards out to random people as some high level schtick.
My first thought. And it's brilliant. 

It might be something I do with all the Christmas cards sent to us. In July. 

This happened to us. Beautiful family card - husband, wife and 2 kids. Looked them up - they live near us (about 5 miles maybe). 

Took us a couple weeks but she finally figured it out. She went to a local chamber of commerce event like 2 years ago when our business first opened. This chick was there. Business cards were exchanged. My wife never really spoke to her. 

So weird. She’s a physical therapist with her own clinic. 

Users who are viewing this thread