What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grant, Larry SFO LB (1 Viewer)

wilhouse

Footballguy
What do you think of Larry Grant? In the 4 games he started last year he was a complete beast averaging 18 points a game for the injuried Patrick Willis. Was it more of the system then it was the talent or do you think he has the ability to be a top 10 LB for the league some day.

Do you think I should draft him, im my upcoming FA draft and put him on for like a 5 year deal?

What do you think of Larry Grant? In the 4 games he started last year he was a complete beast averaging 18 points a game for the injuried Patrick Willis. Was it more of the system then it was the talent or do you think he has the ability to be a top 10 LB for the league some day.

Do you think I should draft him, im my upcoming FA draft and put him on for like a 5 year deal?
this should answer your questions.

I joined two dynasty idp leagues this year, my first year in idp. Both leagues are 16 team leagues with 45-50 roster spots that start 3-4 LBs, so quite a lot of LBs are rostered. One league is an existing league, and Larry Grant was a free agent pickup. The other league is a startup salary cap & contract league with a 30 round free agent draft, and he wasn't drafted. Someone did pick him up afterwards as a free agent at the minimum salary $500,000, for 3 years, with no others bidders.

I don't know anything about his talent, and the MFL stats show his high season in tackles was last year with only 30. I wouldn't go out of my way to get him because I'd rather have someone with a larger role and clearer upside, but if he's there and you can't make a decent case for anyone else, why not? Just don't pay too much for him or commit too long because better options will probably come along while you're waiting too long for his upside, if it ever happens.

Grant is interesting.

He wasn't anything special in St. Louis, a team that's been cycling OLBs for years. I think he had a spare start or two, but never established himself as more than a capable reserve and special teamer. But he looked very good last year. Maybe it was the move inside, but he was effective downhill, got off blocks effectively and even flashed in coverage at times.

There's no role for him in SF, though, and it's hard to see him getting enough attention as a free agent to land an every-down role somewhere else. I don't think he's the next Stephen Tulloch / Desmond Bishop.

Users who are viewing this thread