What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Green Bay at Los Angeles - Week 8 (2 Viewers)

That’s a terrible way to lose a game. Along with McCarthy running up the gut on the goaline giving up two points and the ball. 

We are a much better defensive team with Alexander and King playing. Admittedly, I saw Alexander get away with two definite grabs of Rams wide receivers. 

Amazingly selfless play by Gurley.  In a race to break the season TD record and he goes down in the field of play so a missed XP doesn't give the Pack a glimmer of hope.  So obscenity glad Gurley in on this team.

Great football play by Gurley there.

also, cost me 12 points, since we get 5 bonus at 200 APY,  and 6 for the TD, plus .5 for the yards. 

Which leaves me in a nail-biter, when it might have cinched it for me. 

But it was undoubtedly a very, very smart football play. 

It’s also a huge kick in the nuts. :doh:  

I had less of a problem with that than I did the number of 3rd and short calls of slow developing plays again.
Agreed we can’t hold that line long and those third and shorts should have been quick hitting plays. I truly hate seeing us go deep on 3rd and 3 or the like. 

Point of fact, a TD & PAT also effectively ends the game, since it puts them up 9 with ~30 seconds to play. 

Just sayin - Gurley coulda scored and also iced it. 

If they miss the PAT, then the Packers still have a shot though.
Plus, you risk an injury to player on defense by having to play again.  Very smart play by Gurley.  

Also, special teams coaches are the dumbest people in the league.  Why players still return kickoffs they catch in the end zone is beyond me. 

Only 2 pages for that great game?

Rams might be the best team in football, and their own city doesn't seem to care. It's a real shame

Amazingly selfless play by Gurley.  In a race to break the season TD record and he goes down in the field of play so a missed XP doesn't give the Pack a glimmer of hope.  So obscenity glad Gurley in on this team.
No doubt.  As much as I coulda used that TD I love the play.  McVay preaches “We not me”, that play was the definition of.  

So, The Rams throw for a first down out of punt formation, they pin the Packers at the one foot line out of punt formation, and the Packers manage a 25 yard punt at the end of the game to allow great field position for the go ahead score.  Then, well then Montgomery has one of the bigger brain farts seen in a while.  A special teams loss to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread