What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greenwald: The Pressure Campaign on Spotify to Remove Joe Rogan Reveals the Religion of Liberals: Censorship (1 Viewer)

It runs so deep.

My daughter's friend was an intern for 2 summers at WDIV Detroit a local news station. You would be shocked at what was taken out of stories and what was put in stories to fit the narratives.  The stories itself stayed the same but she said you could not mention race in a crime or shooting unless it was a white on black issue. 

A black on black shooting, or black shooting white was just "Man shot on 696 in road rage incident"   If the the shooter was white it was " Whitemotorist shoots black man on 696 in road rage incident"

Not sure what the end goal is in that type of reporting.

Unbelievable.  :doh:

And this is what the gaslighters and propogandists try and tell us isn't true and the MSM is clearly unbiased and only presents facts. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Right. Because that would require you to admit that there are some times when its ok to do what Neil Young is doing.

And then its just a matter of figuring out whether what Joe Rogan is spouting is so egregious that its on the good side of the line or not. 
Its not.  You can create whatever absurd comparison you want, but your representing the margins as though this is the same is ridiculous.  

That's what I asked before.  Are people upset that John Doe ended a business relationship with Widgets, Inc., or are they upset that John Doe publicly stated his reasons for ending a business relationship with Widgets, Inc.?  Just seems weird to me to be upset because someone outlined the reasons they did something.

I suspect that for 98%+ of those complaining, they don't care that John Doe stopped doing business with Widgets, Inc. or that John Doe announced why.  They care because they disagree with the why.
yes.  yes this is correct.  I disagree with the idea that someone should be deplatformed for representing a viewpoint that is contrary to "accepted" views.  Trying to continue to muddy the waters w/r/t to concerns about business relationships or whatever is frustrating.  I'm not upset with Young stating his reason, quite the contrary.  He made it crystal clear that he thinks Rogan is killing people with misinformation which tells me he hasn't actually listened to any of the podcasts he wants removed.  That he doesn't really understand what he is mad about, but is sure that it needs to be removed is kind of the whole point.

That's what I asked before.  Are people upset that John Doe ended a business relationship with Widgets, Inc., or are they upset that John Doe publicly stated his reasons for ending a business relationship with Widgets, Inc.?  Just seems weird to me to be upset because someone outlined the reasons they did something.

I suspect that for 98%+ of those complaining, they don't care that John Doe stopped doing business with Widgets, Inc. or that John Doe announced why.  They care because they disagree with the why.
Probably all bent out of shape because he said it’s Rogan or him - forcing Spotify to make that call.   If he says I’m leaving because of Rogan, that’s different.  I like Young’s music, but he’s out there.  I do hope he can come back, but I’m not holding my breath.  

Neil Young is epitomizing one of the major fundamental problems with our country right now. If someone doesn't agree with you, instead of debating it's turned into holding your hands over your ears and shouting go away repeatedly. I don't know which faction is worse - the ones who can't see that this is happening or the ones that think it's not a big deal. 

Neil Young is epitomizing one of the major fundamental problems with our country right now. If someone doesn't agree with you, instead of debating it's turned into holding your hands over your ears and shouting go away repeatedly. I don't know which faction is worse - the ones who can't see that this is happening or the ones that think it's not a big deal. 

Problem is you better be clean yourself as there are always unintended consequences.

Now Neil Young has skeletons falling out of his own closet with his checkered past. Although at his age I doubt he cares anymore.

My problem with misinformation is that it can only go one way... against the establishment narrative.  If you're information is wrong, but it's on the right side of the argument, it typically isn't considered "misinformation".

I'm also surprised some people can't recognize or acknowledge this. 
Completely disagree.  I’m 100% on board with equal consequences for misinformation on “both sides.”

Yep.  Spot on.  Too many snowflakes.  

Completely disagree.  I’m 100% on board with equal consequences for misinformation on “both sides.”

Well, yeah, YOU might be on board with that but that is NOT what is happening.  I'm sure you're a stand up guy - it's the Big Tech, MSM and all of those others that actually control things that are vehemently NOT on board with that - and they're making that happen.

Well, yeah, YOU might be on board with that but that is NOT what is happening.  I'm sure you're a stand up guy - it's the Big Tech, MSM and all of those others that actually control things that are vehemently NOT on board with that - and they're making that happen.

I am definitely not on board with anyone who believes they are our gatekeeper/Ministry of Truth. 

yes.  yes this is correct.  I disagree with the idea that someone should be deplatformed for representing a viewpoint that is contrary to "accepted" views.  Trying to continue to muddy the waters w/r/t to concerns about business relationships or whatever is frustrating.  I'm not upset with Young stating his reason, quite the contrary.  He made it crystal clear that he thinks Rogan is killing people with misinformation which tells me he hasn't actually listened to any of the podcasts he wants removed.  That he doesn't really understand what he is mad about, but is sure that it needs to be removed is kind of the whole point.
Not sure how you can say that. I don't think there is any doubt Rogan's rhetoric has gotten people killed.

Do you favor cancelling MSNBC? 
How about CNN?  They ran with and repeated a lie that Rogan took and was reccomending taking horse dewormer.  They double and tripled down even when they were called out on it.  He took a number of drugs, all prescribed by his doctor.  The 'horse dewormer' they are referring to is an anti-parasitic drug that has been prescribed something like 4 billion times to humans.  They literally traffic in misinformation and are not taken to task.  Why?

That is cute.  Who do you trust to decide what is misinformation?  Is there some all knowing soul somewhere who has no bias or agenda?  That is the whole point of having a first amendment, because people/governments are corruptible.  

This tweet sums up my thinking on the subject pretty well.

Yossi Gestetner

Replying to @Timcast

1/ Good thread by @Timcast. The machine ignores data for 6-12 months while those who pick it up get labeled as disinformation, and yet when the machine decides to accept this data 6-12 months late, it becomes ok to say it and there is ZERO course-correcrion on the process.

8:45 AM · Jan 31, 2022

How about CNN?  They ran with and repeated a lie that Rogan took and was reccomending taking horse dewormer.  They double and tripled down even when they were called out on it.  He took a number of drugs, all prescribed by his doctor.  The 'horse dewormer' they are referring to is an anti-parasitic drug that has been prescribed something like 4 billion times to humans.  They literally traffic in misinformation and are not taken to task.  Why?
I think the viewership ratings have spoken.  Rogan out draws CNN 10 - 1 in viewership.  People know.  It's just the MSM coving for the MSM at this point.  Any critical thinker has moved on from them.  

My company collects and analyzes data for Pharma companies. Anyone of them can leave at any time. No big deal. However if one of them came to us and said "we'll only do business with you if you stop doing business with company A" then expect them to be called out as a ####ty company to do business with. 

This tweet sums up my thinking on the subject pretty well.
Remember when it was a dangerous, racist conspiracy theory to say that SARS-CoV-2 probably escaped from a lab in China?  Well now we know that Fauci et. al. knew that that was a live possibility at the same time that they were strenuously denying this to the public.  

Want to deplatform people for spreading misinformation?  Start with those people and we'll talk.

(Note to @Rich Conway This is me being ironic to make a point.  I am not actually advocating that we jail Fauci.  I can't believe I have to say that out loud but here we are I guess.)

Yeah, no I don't know how you could possibly make that claim.  Pretty absurd actually.  
Seems a fairly easy argument to make. His rhetoric isn't happening in a vacuum. He's spread misinformation that has led to less people getting vaccinated. Less people vaccinated leads to more people dead. Doctors and scientists are sounding the alarm about this guy's rhetoric. He's a public health risk.

Seems a fairly easy argument to make. His rhetoric isn't happening in a vacuum. He's spread misinformation that has led to less people getting vaccinated. Less people vaccinated leads to more people dead. Doctors and scientists are sounding the alarm about this guy's rhetoric. He's a public health risk.
Let me reiterate what an absurd claim you're making. 

Your "reasoning" is the same type that totalitarian governments use too.   Unbelievable.

Our government not promoting healthy lifestyles is killing more people every single year.  Pretending the vaccine is the only way out is absurd. 

:thumbdown:

How about the misinformation re: early treatment protocols, which have been largely demonized or ignored by the pharma-medical-industrial complex? How many lives have they cost? How many lives has Joe saved by discussing these topics on his platform? We will likely never know b/c your side will likely brush those lives taken and spared under the rug forever.

Long live free speech, discourse, debate. Long live Joe Rogan and the JRE. 

No, as in are you going to be consistent about your deeply-felt concern for public health and making sure that nobody in the media is getting anybody killed.
As you've granted, they're not the same thing, so no, the response isn't the same. I'm not trying to turn every ethical dilemma into a categorical imperative. That's your thing.

:thumbdown:

How about the misinformation re: early treatment protocols, which have been largely demonized or ignored by the pharma-medical-industrial complex? How many lives have they cost? How many lives has Joe saved by discussing these topics on his platform? We will likely never know b/c your side will likely brush those lives taken and spared under the rug forever.

Long live free speech, discourse, debate. Long live Joe Rogan and the JRE. 
Stay safe, man.

Speech is a public health risk?  He has actually advocated that people get the vaccination.  For older people or people at risk, it is a no brainer to get vaccinated.  A lot of the people sounding the alarm (many were nurses) are far less qualified to speak on the subject than his guests.  It is quite possible Rogan has encouraged more people to get vaccinated. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you tell me the specifics of his rhetoric that make him a public health risk?  

Can you tell me the specifics of his rhetoric that make him a public health risk?  
I've never watched a second of Rogan, but my impression is that he mostly just chats with his guests and lets them have their say.  

Given that, I think it's interesting that this poster keeps using the term "rhetoric" like Rogan is banging his shoe on a podium or something.  Now in fairness, it's possible that I totally misunderstand what Rogan is all about and maybe "rhetoric" is the right term, but it kind of a funny and obvious red flag.

I've never watched a second of Rogan, but my impression is that he mostly just chats with his guests and lets them have their say.  

Given that, I think it's interesting that this poster keeps using the term "rhetoric" like Rogan is banging his shoe on a podium or something.  Now in fairness, it's possible that I totally misunderstand what Rogan is all about and maybe "rhetoric" is the right term, but it kind of a funny and obvious red flag.
No you're generally correct. 

It should be noted also, that he routinely says you should get a vaccine if you want and if you have comorbidities and/or are over the age of 50 you should DEFINITELY get the vaccine.  He also interviews people about the lost city of Atlantis and dieticians and deer hunters and UFC fighters and comedians.  The way these people act its as if he's mounting some day-in day-out campaign of lies to KILL THE CHILDREN!!!  or something.  

It should be noted also, that he routinely says you should get a vaccine if you want and if you have comorbidities and/or are over the age of 50 you should DEFINITELY get the vaccine.  He also interviews people about the lost city of Atlantis and dieticians and deer hunters and UFC fighters and comedians.  The way these people act its as if he's mounting some day-in day-out campaign of lies to KILL THE CHILDREN!!!  or something.  
This is a good post.  Pretty much any time I hear someone talking about UFOs, it was on Rogan's podcast.  Bob Lazar was an interesting listen.  Rogan covers a wide range of topics.  He even had Sanjay Gupta on a couple months back.  

Do you favor cancelling MSNBC? 
I’d rather not cancel anyone — but I also fully support any consumer who chooses not to purchase from a specific business…..that they have moral opposition to.  But….that is different from trying to shut down an individual person……

Rogan definitely has an angle. It's not a right or left thing, but once he gets on to something he won't let it go. He's been heavy on COVID talk for months now. 

I'm a big comedy fan and am aware of him that way. I'm also a long time Sam Harris listener and Rogan used to be in his orbit. He can be a funny, entertaining guy. I never really had a problem with him until he started all the COVID stuff. It's bad.

yes & I'm so disgusted with everyone telling everyone what to do with covid.  I'm vaxxed twice.

you don't want to vax-fine with me.

you want to vax-fine with me.

you want to wear a mask-fine with me.

you don't want to wear a mask-fine with me.

mis-information has been rampant from the start on this covid deal & I don't believe they will have a handle on it for years.  some are going to look pretty stupid.

just get frustrated with all those who think they know what is best for you & it seems to be one political party.

He's said that mRNA vaccines are "gene therapy". They are not.  Context matters here.  He compared the MRNA vaccines to more traditional vaccines where a strain of the virus is used.  In the sentence where he calls it gene therapy, he says "I'm not saying that people shouldn't take it".  His phrasing is sloppy but he explains what he means when he says gene therapy.    

He's said that lockdowns make the spread of COVID worse. They do not.  There is definitely evidence that lockdowns do not make anything better and in many cases when looking at the whole picture of health including mental health, lockdowns are more harmful than helpful.  Either way its a debatable topic.

He's promoted Ivermectin as an alternative treatment for vaccines. It is not. Might want to read this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8248252/

He's said that microchips were being put into people's arms via the vaccine. This isn't happening.  Again, context matters.  He never said what you are claiming.  He noted that Alex Jones said it on his show and Spotify didn't say anything about it.  He mentioned it in context with moving to spotify and the freedom it has afforded him and his guests to say what they want.  Big difference.  

He's said that the government has been withholding effective treatments from the public. This isn't happening.  He questioned why there aren't more therapeutic option available and I agree with that.  His point is that vaccines are not the only answer to defeating Covid yet the lawmakers and public health officials here acting as though that is the case.  He's right. 

Again, none of this is misinformation.  These are conversations that cover topics that are complicated and are sometimes messy.  You claiming that he is a public health risk and supporting shutting him down is precisely the problem.  "I believe in free speech, but..."  

Is there truth or some internet rumor about the owner of Neil’s music being a ex-phizer advisor?  If so, I just find it curious.  

Is there truth or some internet rumor about the owner of Neil’s music being a ex-phizer advisor?  If so, I just find it curious.  
https://poptopic.com.au/news/exposed-neil-young-heavily-linked-to-big-pharma-and-pfizer/

On January 6, 2021, Neil Young sold half of his catalogue to Merck Mercuriadis’ Hipgnosis Song Management company. Later that year Hipgnosis merged with Blackstone in a USD$1Bn deal. However, just a month before the merger Blackstone announced that they appointed Pfizer’s former Chairman and CEO Jeffrey B Kindler as the company’s Senior Advisor

https://twitter.com/Mikehun63452579/status/1487542869573476352

who knows if its really true ....

https://poptopic.com.au/news/exposed-neil-young-heavily-linked-to-big-pharma-and-pfizer/

On January 6, 2021, Neil Young sold half of his catalogue to Merck Mercuriadis’ Hipgnosis Song Management company. Later that year Hipgnosis merged with Blackstone in a USD$1Bn deal. However, just a month before the merger Blackstone announced that they appointed Pfizer’s former Chairman and CEO Jeffrey B Kindler as the company’s Senior Advisor

https://twitter.com/Mikehun63452579/status/1487542869573476352

who knows if its really true ....
It sounds like something for Snopes to sort out.

It sounds like something for Snopes to sort out.

Since its start in 1995 by David and Barbara Mikkelson, Snopes.com has been a cover for liberal politicians. Because of its liberal affinity, mainstream media promoted Snopes as an unbiased arbiter. However, Snopes’ left-wing bias undercuts its credibility by declaring politically incorrect news stories as “false” or “urban legends.”

uh oh ... the fact checkers are bought and paid for too 😵

Users who are viewing this thread