What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grover drops the f-bomb. Or does he? (1 Viewer)

You better hope Joe doesn't hear it the same way. Otherwise have a ####### nice season, guy.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/entertainment/sesame-street-character-grover-accused-of-cursing-divides-internet?fbclid=IwAR2QNIUSOCUZtYzJyBFKzHRvTK7EIohkHdBdQ6Ab_goP6ejNUrtNviNVZ8E

I listened to it like 10 times on my phone and didn't hear it. Listened on my computer and heard it right away and now hear it on my phone too.

I can't not hear it now. WTF! yanni/laurel all over again.

Yeah, it can be heard either way.

It could be "that's sounds like an excellent idea" without the f-bomb.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear it every time. You can argue he says something other than f-ing but there are definitely two syllables in between an and excellent. 
WTF?

"move the camera.  Yes, yes that sounds like an excellent idea"

Where are you hearing the extra two syllables between "an" and "excellent"?

I heard that sounds like an excellent idea until I tried to list for the fbomb then I heard it both ways

The brain is funny like that.

jamny said:
Yeah, it can be heard either way.

It could be "that's sounds like an excellent idea" without the f-bomb.
This is what he says.  You can hear him say the "s" in sounds. 

[scooter] said:
"Yes, yes that's a ####ing excellent idea"
Yup hear that every time.  Grover now my favorite muppet of all time. 

Now I can hear it both ways really weird

Probably like 10 years ago my wife and I were in Macy's and they must have had some kind of Sesame Street promo and there were Grovers all over the place. Thrown around on beds, chairs, bookcases, etc. It looked like they had an amazing party the night before. We couldn't stop laughing, looking at them all. I wish we had phone cameras then. We still talk about the scene. No one else seemed to appreciate the humor in it though.

I don't hear "sounds like" at all.  I know it's not a swear though... my brain rationalize it by thinking he's saying "that's in fact an excellent idea"

[scooter] said:
Sinn Fein said:
WTF?

"move the camera.  Yes, yes that sounds like an excellent idea"

Where are you hearing the extra two syllables between "an" and "excellent"?
"Yes, yes that's a ####ing excellent idea"
Yup. I think if you don't hear it at first, it helps a lot to know where the potential F is.  I didn't hear it the first couple of times, but now can go back and forth each time.

PIK95 said:
I heard it both ways.  It's what you want to hear.  
Yep

I heard the F bomb, had to speak along with Grover to hear that sounds like an excellent idea. 

Played the clip for my wife, she couldn't hear the f bomb. 

Users who are viewing this thread