What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guice, or not to Guice (1 Viewer)

OhioGuy

Footballguy
What's up peeps! Just joined and this is my first post.

I'm confused about Guice. I read somewhere the other day that he's the 4th back? WTH? I thought he was their starter?

Now I'm wondering if I should even draft him. So...very confused and this was from a reputable source saying he's the 4th RB at the moment. It may have been ESPN or some other top fantasy site, although I can't remember exactly.

What's up peeps! Just joined and this is my first post.

I'm confused about Guice. I read somewhere the other day that he's the 4th back? WTH? I thought he was their starter?

Now I'm wondering if I should even draft him. So...very confused and this was from a reputable source saying he's the 4th RB at the moment. It may have been ESPN or some other top fantasy site, although I can't remember exactly.
Welcome to the site.

FBG depth charts have Guice atop the charts.  It's possible that Guice will be the 4th back for the 1st preseason game, but I wouldn't read too much into that.  WAS likely has a open competition for RB spots behind Guice and Thompson.  NFL teams have to make sure rookies don't hit the "rookie" wall.  As of now I wouldn't worry about that.  Expect Guice to be the lead guy with Thompson being the COP back.  Also note that Thompson is pretty nicked up and has even admitted that he won't be 100% to start to the season.  Guice has the potential get a nice size workload.

A lot of teams will start rookies at the bottom of the depth chart because they want them to “earn it”. Guice will be the starter and get the bulk of the carries. Thompson likely limits his total upside because Thompson is very good in the pass game.

After yesterdays game I'd say you can move him down a round or two even if nothing turns out to be wrong with his knee or just be sure and handcuff him with Perine.

After yesterdays game I'd say you can move him down a round or two even if nothing turns out to be wrong with his knee or just be sure and handcuff him with Perine.
That would be a classic over-reaction to pre-season week 1.

He was walking around the locker room after the game and seems just fine.  I believe I heard they are giving him a precautionary MRI.  If anything negative comes from that then yes, drop him down, but just because he was pulled from the pre-season opener is no reason to drop him in your rankings.

Avery said:

He was walking around the locker room after the game and seems just fine.  I believe I heard they are giving him a precautionary MRI.  If anything negative comes from that then yes, drop him down, but just because he was pulled from the pre-season opener is no reason to drop him in your rankings.
Source: #Redskins RB Derrius Guice tore his ACL.

:bag:

Avery said:

OOOPS

Now the question is Perine, Kelley or Bibbs? Or DeMarco Murray or some future cast off from another team-Abdullah or Rawls perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread