What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gun Paranoia (1 Viewer)

Do you own any guns and are you concerned about confiscation?

• I am a gun owner and I am not concerned.

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • I am a gun owner and I am concerned my guns will be taken away.

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • I am a gun owner and don't really care one way or the other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not a gun owner and I am not concerned.

Votes: 43 42.6%
  • I am not a gun owner and I am concerned other people's guns will be taken away.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I am not a gun owner and don't really care one way or the other.

Votes: 14 13.9%

• Total voters
Introducing a gun into schools increases the potential for violence. As the likelihood of a school shooting is very low, the unnecessary addition of a gun creates a dangerous situation where one likely didn’t exist.

Glass Joe said:
Introducing a gun into schools increases the potential for violence. As the likelihood of a school shooting is very low, the unnecessary addition of a gun creates a dangerous situation where one likely didn’t exist.
100% this 

Glass Joe said:
Does this apply to all situations or just schools? Otherwise, why are there lots of events where there is a police presence, or in the case of a political figure a secret service presence. Those events are made safer by having a percentage of the attendees armed. It would appear as though it acts a deterrent. 

I think I've only seen one member on here actually admit that he would like all guns banned.  Banning specific guns is something many are for or are considering.  I don't anyone who said they want to abolish the 2nd amendment but maybe there's one.  There is nothing wrong with revising the 2nd amendment and I am one that thinks it may be a good idea.

You think it's all very real, I think it's paranoia.  
you need to go back and read all the posts maybe .... as I've talked about for months and months, removing a certain type of weapon totally ignores the core problem - violent people are the core problem

that's not paranoia - that's real, it is the single source of all the killings and assaults .... and what causes violent people needs to be addressed and when that happens? the types of weapons available is irrelevant 

Good luck!  Where are you fishing?
Beaver Lake, Northwest AR ..... its a very nice lake, gorgeous Ozark mtn lake .... we crushed it pre-fishing but tournament didn't get enough first day to be in contention ... won some prizes, had a 1 in 8 chance of winning a 2019 Bass Cat Puma!

Funny ... in a local place we ate, several guys had guns on their hips while we ate I notice and I thought of these threads .......... i felt very safe around those people. I had zero fears even though their weapons were in plain site. 

you need to go back and read all the posts maybe .... as I've talked about for months and months, removing a certain type of weapon totally ignores the core problem - violent people are the core problem

that's not paranoia - that's real, it is the single source of all the killings and assaults .... and what causes violent people needs to be addressed and when that happens? the types of weapons available is irrelevant 
I was only talking about being paranoid that the government is going to take away all guns.  I think some seriously think it's close to happening and I find it laughable.  I see republicans sharing crazy memes about the end of America as we know it if a democrat becomes President.  It's ridiculous.

I don't think anyone here has disagreed with mental illness and violent people being a core problem.  It is but there is no simple way of fixing that.  There will also always be people who just snap and shoot someone.  Non violent people with no history of mental illness can kill a person just as easy any anyone else.  Life changing events can cause people do scary things.  I don't think that will ever be prevented.

Beaver Lake, Northwest AR ..... its a very nice lake, gorgeous Ozark mtn lake .... we crushed it pre-fishing but tournament didn't get enough first day to be in contention ... won some prizes, had a 1 in 8 chance of winning a 2019 Bass Cat Puma!

Funny ... in a local place we ate, several guys had guns on their hips while we ate I notice and I thought of these threads .......... i felt very safe around those people. I had zero fears even though their weapons were in plain site. 
I know of Beaver Lake but have never been there.  Popular bass fishing lake.  I went fishing yesterday and it was 25 degrees out when I got on the water in the morning.  Spring sucks here.

Lots of fishermen carry.  It's part of the outdoorsman mentality but it's not really my thing.

I know of Beaver Lake but have never been there.  Popular bass fishing lake.  I went fishing yesterday and it was 25 degrees out when I got on the water in the morning.  Spring sucks here.

Lots of fishermen carry.  It's part of the outdoorsman mentality but it's not really my thing.
embrace the cold!!!  

when is the last time there was any violence when it comes to the millions of those who hunt and fish and carry ? I can't remember - its rarely RARELY the law abiding legal citizens who do harm to others

those we need to target are criminals, felons, those into drugs and gangs, domestic violence and of course, the mentally ill

Last edited by a moderator:
embrace the cold!!!  

when is the last time there was any violence when it comes to the millions of those who hunt and fish and carry ? I can't remember - its rarely RARELY the law abiding legal citizens who do harm to others

those we need to target are criminals, felons, those into drugs and gangs, domestic violence and of course, the mentally ill
I might not have used the expression "target", not in this context, but hey, that's me.

I might not have used the expression "target", not in this context, but hey, that's me.
I'm all about targeting and profiling - if we can put the pieces together on Nikolas Cruz 6 days before he walks into that school .... lets do it. If that means targeting muslim hate groups and white hate groups and black hate groups and abortion clinic hate groups ... I'm fine with all that 

Users who are viewing this thread