What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gut calls, trending calls vs rankings (1 Viewer)

Team Smokin'

Footballguy
Let's face it we all at least take a peek at the rankings, whether it be weekly or for the rest of the season LOL. 

It's easy to get all structured into starting players ranked higher then others according to someone else, whether it be anyone here or so called experts out there.

However, at times, once all the intel is gathered you make a gut or trending call over the higher ranked player. How often does this happen and what do you got this week?

My trending down players that still remain decently ranked are: Connor, Claypool, Golladay (if he plays), 

My gut, trending up players include: J Wilson (got him last week, just feel it), TY Hilton (got him free last week after a D Parker drop), Nelson Agholor (just picked him up for $3 FAB),  D Montgomery (in a late season trade for Goedert as I had Andrews), and on the fence with Beasley, M Brown (saw his lil spurt, but still),  and then everyone has a cast of injured players, which really sucks cuz tough to make up that much potential ground: CMC (first pick overall), George Kittle (second pick overall), Gibson, and to some extent a surprise pick up in Gaskin. 

Looking to play Wilson over Connor / Gibson, Agholor over Claypool, Beasley over Hollywood Brown (Brown is trending up but with a lil luck, he's dropping passes and had a terrible 10 games or so), and TY in the mix with Gallman and Wilson for a Flex over Golladay. 

Trending up starters over other ranked players

1) Jeff Wilson, Jr.

2) TY Hilton

3) Nelson Agholor

4) Cole Beasley

5) Wayne Gallman

6) Myles Gaskin in week 16

Trending down with decent ranks still

1) James Connor

2) Chase Claypool

3) Devante Parker

Here we Go!

Wilson might have gotten all the snaps last week but the Niners LOST and they usually split their load up between at least 2 Backs and I think some folks will be kind of lukewarm on the results. 

Add Bowden only because he rates as a RB on several sights right now. 

Here we Go!

Wilson might have gotten all the snaps last week but the Niners LOST and they usually split their load up between at least 2 Backs and I think some folks will be kind of lukewarm on the results. 

Well MoP SF gets DAL D and if it goes according to hoyle Wilson could clean up and be one of the darlings for week 15. Maybe I'm a tad giddy cuz I scooped him on two leagues last week for free. At least no one else gets to start him if I don't lol. It's why I dropped Taysom and then added Gaskin (IR)on my roster again and Bowden - a 2 for 1.

Here we Go!

I agree there will be a 2nd body,  however I would be shocked if Wilson doesn’t get 15 touches if the gamescript goes according to plan.

I agree that Wilson has the highest likelihood of anyone out on the wire to put in a big game, especially if Mostert can't go. Dallas is very different from Washington, particularly in that defensive line, and this feels like a game the 49ers take handily. I figure the biggest threat to his touches is Juszczyk, who will get his 1-5 carries and has a chance to poach a TD. Nothing we aren't used to, and the upside is too great to bench Wilson if you can get him in your lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread