What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guys YOU are targeting (1 Viewer)

shadrap

Footballguy
All my leagues are PPR.  Have done 2 redrafts & 1 auction.  Still 3 redrafts to do.   Got Fitz & Ju Ju in all three so far(mainly 3rd & 4th rd. now).  Thinking Fitz with Bradford is a match made in heaven.   If/when Bradford goes down Rosen is similar.   Just have a crush on Ju Ju.   Tall, fast, good hands, & Roth throwing to him.

Whatcha got?

Jordan Howard early in the 2nd round;

Tre'Quan Smith - WR NO - clear #2 IMHO and targeting him very late

James Conner - very late - I have a feeling Bell is not going to last;

Trey Burton - after 7 or so TE's are off the board ;

Tevin Coleman - Great flex pick with the chance at a #1 RB if Freeman goes down again;

Robbie Anderson - particularly in PPR - I think he is going to get fed the ball.. A LOT

Jonathan WIlliams RB - NO - flying way under the radar and they have already said they are not giving Kamar more than 15 touches a game. With Ingram out, Williams has a chance to hlep early in the season and if not, you just cut him...

I did two big money legaues this year and have Dalvin Cook, Corey Clement, and Adrian Peterson in both. So I guess them lol. Picked at the end of both drafts.

I find myself waiting on my WR2/3 spot a bit and drafting E. Sanders, Goodwin, and Kupp in the middle rounds. It just feels like those guys are all going to be respectable starters and I can load up on RB’s early, and can even afford to take a TE or Rodges early if I feel like it.

Jordan Howard early in the 2nd round;

Tre'Quan Smith - WR NO - clear #2 IMHO and targeting him very late

James Conner - very late - I have a feeling Bell is not going to last;

Trey Burton - after 7 or so TE's are off the board ;

Tevin Coleman - Great flex pick with the chance at a #1 RB if Freeman goes down again;

Robbie Anderson - particularly in PPR - I think he is going to get fed the ball.. A LOT

Jonathan WIlliams RB - NO - flying way under the radar and they have already said they are not giving Kamar more than 15 touches a game. With Ingram out, Williams has a chance to hlep early in the season and if not, you just cut him...
I've been debating Howard @ 15 if the other big name guys are gone. Too early? Usually CMC and Freeman are on the board too.

Manny Sanders ..... Broncos WR seems to be the favorite target in the Preseason and is going criminally late......Having him as a WR2/3 could be a huge advantage if the trend continues throughout the season.

Winston in the late late rounds could return upside down the stretch..... added him as a 3rd QB in a couple big roster deep leagues. No reason he should not be slinging it all over the field when he gets back. WR group is above average with Evans and he has two very good catching TEs.

Joe Mixon and Stephan Diggs are two earlier picks that I think could be huge this year .... late 2nd or 3rd could be great spots 

Zeke Elliott is someone I am going to attempt to trade for after a few down weeks early ... is fantasy playoff schedule may be a cake walk

Last edited by a moderator:
I wound up with Hogan, Burton & Barber in both leagues. Both PPR, one’s IDP.

I believe I spent a 9th round pick on Barber in both. D/ST league 9.01, IDP 9.11 - which is the rough equivalent to a mid-8th rounder in standard. 

RB4 in one league (after Gurley/Ingram/R.Freeman) and RB3-4 in my other (after Gordon/Collins)

I also have Kelly in both leagues - one to handcuff Gurley, in the other as a lottery ticket. Kid’s really good. Situation is good. 

in the back half of the draft I got three WRs I like a lot for upside:

• (12th round) Mike Williams - could see a significant uptick in RZ opportunities 
  • (15th round) Dede Westbrook - Montcrief went undrafted in our league while Cole went 6 picks earlier. I actually had Westbrook higher due to the investment/pedigree and some glowing endorsements from Harris Football podcast. Cole was an UDFA and was very effective the last 6 weeks - gonna be interesting to see how it plays out
  • (16th round) Geronimo Allison - actually started this guy on a lark last year in Week 2 - went 6-122-0. Was inactive IIRC a lot of weeks. Presuming Cobb doesn't get traded or cut, I like him to get a decent market share as the WR3 because he's a big guy and should see a lot of snaps. Pecking order is def Adams/Graham/Cobb but in a volume offense the WR3 will often be worth more than the WR1/WR2 of a run heavy team

Conner in almost every draft.  One of the few guys who would be legit bellcow with an injury in front of him.  I get him in the 13th+ every time.

Lamar Miller is going to be on most of my teams.  He has no competition for touches in an explosive offense... has shown great receiving and pass blocking skills, and has the speed to bust a long one at any point... and he's going in the 5th round...?  

Crabtree is another unsexy pick that will have yet another under the radar 80/1000/8 season and be a steal in the 7th+.

Crowder is on over half my teams. PPR magnet this year and getting him in the 6th+.

I wound up with Hogan, Burton & Barber in both leagues. Both PPR, one’s IDP.

I believe I spent a 9th round pick on Barber in both. D/ST league 9.01, IDP 9.11 - which is the rough equivalent to a mid-8th rounder in standard. 

RB4 in one league (after Gurley/Ingram/R.Freeman) and RB3-4 in my other (after Gordon/Collins)

I also have Kelly in both leagues - one to handcuff Gurley, in the other as a lottery ticket. Kid’s really good. Situation is good. 
I have tried like hell to target C. Hogan in the 5th but damn never got him & now he is going in the 4th rd.

RB:

Fournette (over: Zeke, DJ, Barkley, Kamara, Hunt, Gordon)(not saying I would take him over Zeke/DJ, l would rather draft him on the back half than draft those guys in the first half, would take over Barkley, Kamara, Hunt, Gordon)

Lynch (over:Henry, Lewis, Ajayi)

Miller

Burkhead

Alex Collins

WR:

Allen (over: julio, michael thomas)

Crowder (over: emmanuel, robby a, watkins)

Keelan Cole

Fuller

Goodwin

Hopkins

Stills

Cooper

Hogan

Godwin

Mike Williams LAC

TE:

Njoku

Gronk

Kelce

Burton

Reed

Jimmy Graham

QB:

Rivers

Minn D

Rams D

I like at ADP or will reach for a few.

McCaffrey, Fournette, ODB, Royce Freeman, Golladay, Godwin and Keelan Cole. I won’t walk out with all of them but if I get half or more I’m happy.

QB
P. Mahomes
T. Taylor
A. Smith

RB
Gordon
Fornette
Howard
Collins
Miller
Lynch
Barber
Hyde
Gore
Chubb
Michel

WR
T. Hill
M. Jones
Diggs
R. Woods
Landry
Goodwin
Anderson
Crowder
Cole
Stills
J. Brown

TE
Gronk
Reed
Burton
Eifert
Seals-Jones
Goedertt

Def
LAR
BAL
NE

QB

• Rivers
  • Alex Smith
  • Garoppolo
RB

Top Tier:

• Fournette
  • McCaffery
B Tier:

• Alex Collins
  • Lamar Miller
Middle Rounds:

• Peyton Barber
  • Chris Carson
  • Carlos Hyde
  • James White
  • Giovanni Bernard
Fliers:

• Chris Warren
  • Matt Breida
  • Chris Ivory
  • Marcus Murphy
WR

Top Tier:

• Keenan Allen
B Tier:

• Landry
  • Cooks
  • Crabtree
Middle Rounds:

• Emmanuel Sanders
  • Goodwin
  • Funchess
  • Lockett
  • John Brown
  • John Ross
Fliers:

• Gallup
  • Keelan Cole
  • Martavis Bryant
TE

• Rudolph
  • Burton
D

• BAL
  • LAC
K

• Who cares

QB

• Rivers
  • Alex Smith
  • Garoppolo
RB

Top Tier:

• Fournette
  • McCaffery
B Tier:

• Alex Collins
  • Lamar Miller
Middle Rounds:

• Peyton Barber
  • Chris Carson
  • Carlos Hyde
  • James White
  • Giovanni Bernard
Fliers:

• Chris Warren
  • Matt Breida
  • Chris Ivory
  • Marcus Murphy
WR

Top Tier:

• Keenan Allen
B Tier:

• Landry
  • Cooks
  • Crabtree
Middle Rounds:

• Emmanuel Sanders
  • Goodwin
  • Funchess
  • Lockett
  • John Brown
  • John Ross
Fliers:

• Gallup
  • Keelan Cole
  • Martavis Bryant
TE

• Rudolph
  • Burton
D

• BAL
  • LAC
K

• Who cares
 You and I have  eerily siimilar tastes in value targets. Many of those players.both of my teams. 

In a couple best ball leagues I've taken John Kelly or Chase Edmonds or both at the end of the draft. They have almost 0 value unless there's an injury, but with 2 RBs getting crazy usage ahead of them, it could happen.

In 1/2 ppr I also keep ending up with Aaron Rodgers in the 4th, Josh Gordon in the 7th, Mike Evans late in the 3rd, and Jordy in the 11th. It depends on where I start the draft, but I've been picking a lot around picks 3-4, so I get Evans at the end of the 3rd and Rodgers after the turn. I know there's better QB value late, but I'd rather have Rodgers than Ertz, Miller, Ajayi, Hogan, etc. I like set it and forget it at QB, mainly because I got burned there the last 2 years. 

For value picks I'm snapping up

QB - Winston & Eli - Love the weapons surrounding both of these QB's and Giants Oline is much improved

RB - James White (will catch a ton of passes) and Peyton Barber (people not believing the hype)

WR - Robert Woods (seems to be an afterthought  with the addition of Cooks but I still think he's Goff's favorite target) Godwin (I know I seem to love the Bucs) and James Washington yes he's behind Antonio & JuJu but the kid can play and he's been going in the 13th round and later in the 16 team leagues I'm in.  The kid has talent and will light it up if he gets the targets.

TE - Kittle - yes he's banged up but if healthy will catch a ton of TD's in that offense.

D - Chargers think they'll be legit this year.

RB:

Fournette (over: Zeke, DJ, Barkley, Kamara, Hunt, Gordon)(not saying I would take him over Zeke/DJ, l would rather draft him on the back half than draft those guys in the first half, would take over Barkley, Kamara, Hunt, Gordon)

Miller

Burkhead

Alex Collins

WR:

Keelan Cole

Fuller

Goodwin

Hopkins

Stills

Cooper

Hogan

Godwin

Mike Williams LAC

TE:

Njoku

Gronk

Kelce

Burton

Reed

Jimmy Graham

QB:

Rivers

Minn D

Rams D

cool.  Your 1st two RBs & WRs you ARE going to get.  I like that -it's your team and not an ADP team.

Some really good replies here

I'm on the Lamar Miller train, though in my main league he went 3rd round, not 5th.  Very serviceable RB2 if you went WR with either of your first few picks.  Should have huge volume and is not in a Brock Osweiler offense anymore. 

I wanted one of Barber, Dion Lewis and James White but only got White.

WRs I really like Stills and Cole for value plays

Some really good replies here

I'm on the Lamar Miller train, though in my main league he went 3rd round, not 5th.  Very serviceable RB2 if you went WR with either of your first few picks.  Should have huge volume and is not in a Brock Osweiler offense anymore. 

I wanted one of Barber, Dion Lewis and James White but only got White.

WRs I really like Stills and Cole for value plays
Barber, Stills & Cole moving up draft boards as I type.  Not by a little either-more like a round or two.

In my 12-team PPR mocks (12th pick) I keep ending up with Greg Olsen with the 1st pick in the 6th, love it.

Also really liking getting Amari Cooper at the 3/4 turn.

And apparently I'm not the only one very happy to snag Rivers later on. Or Big Ben.

Some you of have impeccable taste. Some mid/late round guys I'll keep taking..

QB - Brees, Big Ben, Stafford, Cousins (I think I just like their Septembers)

WR - Sanders, Kupp, Golladay, Godwin, Cole, Shepard, Ross, Stills

RB - Carson, Barber, White, Duke, Clement, Conner, Ekeler

TE - Reed, Doyle, RSJ

DST - BAL (BUF week 1), DET (NYJ week 1)

K - no one this position is ####### stupid 

In the earlier rounds I have Green, Hill, Gordon, Miller and Burton ranked higher than their ADPs so I'll prob end up with them.

T Hill....can't be stopped and the Mahomes/Hill combo could be historic

Baldwin....good value

Josh Gordon...It's happening.....A month ago I thought he was done. Unfortunately he went early third in my last draft.

Sanders....Great player now with a much better QB.

Jimmy Graham.....This offensive line will allow his QB time  to get the ball to him all over the field. He is going to score a ton of TD's..No more Jordy for Rogers to count on.

Jordan Reed....Could be a league winner if he stay's healthy...There are plenty of upside or established back ups you can pick up in case he doesn't stay healthy. He played in pain all year last year but had surgery to repair. 

Kenny Stills.....Has been very productive even with Jarvis Landry in the line up. This is gonna be a big year for him.

Golladay....it's just a matter of time

Jimmy G....It's happening..He has the look of an emerging superstar and is in a great location.

Matt Ryan...He'll easily outplay his ADP

Mahomes...Could be special....great weapons, not so good defense.

Godwin.....Been hearing the drumbeat for a while, has looked good in pre season. i've heard he is the 1b to Mike Evans.

Ross....It's happening...finally! He had a lot of distractions last year...New born, injuries, etc.

D carr....Forget last year. He is very good and has talent and better coaching around him. I love him as a backup.

Sutton...Another guy who's had consistent and upward drumbeats. They say he is having a "Mosslike" camp.

RSJ.....I think we'll know weak 1 if he is legit. He looks the part and should be given the chance.

C Beasley.....Last pick in the draft, why not! Dak needs someone he is comfortable to throw to now that Witten is gone. Beasley is only one year removed from a very solid season. This could be his best.

I've been debating Howard @ 15 if the other big name guys are gone. Too early? Usually CMC and Freeman are on the board too.
Depends upon ppr or not. PPR it would have to be CMC or best avail WR. I think that is too early for Howard. I got him at 3.01 ( pick 31 - ppr) and for significantly less than the big names in an auction over the weekend. 

In a couple best ball leagues I've taken John Kelly or Chase Edmonds or both at the end of the draft. They have almost 0 value unless there's an injury, but with 2 RBs getting crazy usage ahead of them, it could happen.

In 1/2 ppr I also keep ending up with Aaron Rodgers in the 4th, Josh Gordon in the 7th, Mike Evans late in the 3rd, and Jordy in the 11th. It depends on where I start the draft, but I've been picking a lot around picks 3-4, so I get Evans at the end of the 3rd and Rodgers after the turn. I know there's better QB value late, but I'd rather have Rodgers than Ertz, Miller, Ajayi, Hogan, etc. I like set it and forget it at QB, mainly because I got burned there the last 2 years. 
At least a 1/3rd of the guys in my leagues feel the same as you as far as QB.  Just takes one fantasy season where you are losing because of your crap QB carousal & the next year you grab a safe one early.  Been there.

Redraft:

QB - Luck, Mahomes, Ryan

RB - Fournette, McCaffrey (PPR), Mixon, Drake (PPR), Penny, Freeman

WR - Hill, Hilton, JuJu, Goodwin, DJ Moore

TE - Njoku, Ebron, Eifert

If you look at what Drake and Goodwin did in the second half of last season, there's a good argument that they're underrated in PPR. Drake thrived as soon as Ajayi was traded. Goodwin thrived when Jimmy Garoppolo came in. Neither situation has materially changed, so I'm expecting more of the same.

Redraft:

QB - Luck, Mahomes, Ryan

RB - Fournette, McCaffrey (PPR), Mixon, Drake (PPR), Penny, Freeman

WR - Hill, Hilton, JuJu, Goodwin, DJ Moore

TE - Njoku, Ebron, Eifert

If you look at what Drake and Goodwin did in the second half of last season, there's a good argument that they're underrated in PPR. Drake thrived as soon as Ajayi was traded. Goodwin thrived when Jimmy Garoppolo came in. Neither situation has materially changed, so I'm expecting more of the same.
Not sure how you were able to draft all those guys in a redraft league.

I just finished my last draft, my big money old school league, and had 5 drafts on myfppc leading up to it. The guys I ended up with the most are:

QB: Winston, Bortles (not as my #1 hah, have a different #1 in every league!)

RB: CMC, Gordon, Royce, Lynch, Ingram, Barber

WR: Hill, Fitz, Goodwin, Cole, John Brown

I think CMC and Hill both finish top 3. Think I have Goodwin in 5 out of 6, lol. 

RB:

Miller

Burkhead

Alex Collins

WR:

Keelan Cole

Fuller

Goodwin

Hopkins

Stills

Cooper

Hogan

Godwin

Mike Williams LAC

TE:

Njoku

Gronk

Kelce

Burton

Reed

Jimmy Graham

QB:

Rivers

Minn D

Rams D

Similar to Bloom in a lot of ways. I have my board similar as well...

QB : Brees, Rivers, or Mahomes - each can be had cheap while stockpiling W/R/T options when others are reaching for a QB

RB : Ingram - yes he's out, but at his price, when he returns he'll make up for it if you can pull off a few wins in his absence

WR : Fuller - 7 TDs in 4 games with Watson last year and Watson is back to feeling healthy. No TE and, while Hopkins will still get his, Fuller stretches the field

TE : Burton - Similar to QB where you stockpile RB and WR and grab someone like Walker or Doyle and pair them with Burton in the 9th or 10th

My late round team- All good value picks in the double digit rounds.

QB Joe Flacco- number one in our hearts, Falco has a fire lit under him with his replacement on the team already. While the receiving corps isn’t anything to write home about, it’s an upgrade over last year. Easy to make a case for a lot of qbs. 

RB: Blount- perhaps his adp climbs a bit but he’s going undrafted sometimes. A “starting” rb that you can have for pennies. 

RB2: james white- he’s going all over. He’s kind of buried on yahoo and Espn lists, so I’ve seen him slip in a few drafts. Probably finding him availble after rd 10, which fits my loose criteria.

WR1: Kelvin Benjamin- another guy who no one wants. I’m not a big fan but when you are looking at te2, defense, and kickers and you can get a teams #1 wr you take the shot. 

WR2: Keelan Cole- perhaps with Lees injury Cole creeps up lists, but I keep hearing people talking about moncreif. 

TE: Ben Watson: if you wait on a te, I don’t think any te at the end of your draft has the upside situation Watson has. As Brees gets older and pushes the ball downfield less, Watson will be a reliable checkdown and red zone option. 

My late round team- All good value picks in the double digit rounds.

QB Joe Flacco- number one in our hearts, Falco has a fire lit under him with his replacement on the team already. While the receiving corps isn’t anything to write home about, it’s an upgrade over last year. Easy to make a case for a lot of qbs. 

RB: Blount- perhaps his adp climbs a bit but he’s going undrafted sometimes. A “starting” rb that you can have for pennies. 

RB2: james white- he’s going all over. He’s kind of buried on yahoo and Espn lists, so I’ve seen him slip in a few drafts. Probably finding him availble after rd 10, which fits my loose criteria.

WR1: Kelvin Benjamin- another guy who no one wants. I’m not a big fan but when you are looking at te2, defense, and kickers and you can get a teams #1 wr you take the shot. 

WR2: Keelan Cole- perhaps with Lees injury Cole creeps up lists, but I keep hearing people talking about moncreif. 

TE: Ben Watson: if you wait on a te, I don’t think any te at the end of your draft has the upside situation Watson has. As Brees gets older and pushes the ball downfield less, Watson will be a reliable checkdown and red zone option. 
I agree on 3 of the 6 you mention - White worth a look, Cole is way down the ADP on many lists who could pan out for weekly plays now and then and could emerge as a hot waiver wire pick up, and like you said Ben Watson as Brees security blanket as my TE #2.

Other WR's late round picks I am eyeing besides Cole are Stills, Lockett, Golladay, Miller, John Brown (hmmm), and watching Mike Williams along with Sutton and James Washington. I'll probably end up with two from this list on any particular team. Some will go undrafted and become waiver wire pickups.

Users who are viewing this thread