What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

H. Edwards speaks about Priest Holmes. (1 Viewer)

BigTex

Don't mess with Texas
02/12/06 12:39 PMTHE NEWSChiefs head coach Herman Edwards said Saturday that the odds of running back Priest Holmes returning from a neck injury are 50-50. "He just wants to make sure he's going to be okay, and I can understand that," Edwards told the Kansas City Star. "That's something you don't deal with lightly. I anticipate he'll be back. That's my gut feeling." Holmes is expected to undergo tests this month to determine his fitness.
As an LJ/Priest owner, this is driving me crazy.edit to add: I didn't see this posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
02/12/06 12:39 PM

THE NEWS

Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards said Saturday that the odds of running back Priest Holmes returning from a neck injury are 50-50. "He just wants to make sure he's going to be okay, and I can understand that," Edwards told the Kansas City Star. "That's something you don't deal with lightly. I anticipate he'll be back. That's my gut feeling." Holmes is expected to undergo tests this month to determine his fitness.
As an LJ/Priest owner, this is driving me crazy.edit to add: I didn't see this posted.
LJ = Yards Priest = Goal Line Vulture

Fantays owners = :wall:

THE NEWS

Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards said Saturday that the odds of running back Priest Holmes returning from a neck injury are 50-50. "He just wants to make sure he's going to be okay, and I can understand that," Edwards told the Kansas City Star. "That's something you don't deal with lightly. I anticipate he'll be back. That's my gut feeling." Holmes is expected to undergo tests this month to determine his fitness.

If Priest comes back the "Can LJ get 2500 yds?" will stop and be more like "Will LJ get 1100 yds?" :loco:

Johnson is way stronger at the goal line than Holmes. Hopefully Holmes pre-season Cat Scan will still show a few cobwebs.

I think until this is resolved, anybody drafting LJ #1 in the early draft is nuts. You don't take such a chance with the #1 pick.

Herm has already said that LJ is the man next year.

I think this is just a matter of the new coach making sure he shows respect to the veteran, and not ruffle the team's feathers.

After watching LJ the last 10 games of 2005 is anyone really worried about him not getting at least 25 touches per game in 2006?

I would not worry too much. LJ will be the man and get at least 20 carries if not more. That's 320 carries at 4.25 YPC = 1360 and 15+ TD's. And that's a conservative estimate to be sure. But if Holmes doesn't return then watch out!

Herm has already said that LJ is the man next year.

I think this is just a matter of the new coach making sure he shows respect to the veteran, and not ruffle the team's feathers.
Herm also said he would be with the Jets in 2006 without a doubt. I would not listen to anything coming from the preacher!

THE NEWS

If Priest comes back the "Can LJ get 2500 yds?" will stop and be more like "Will LJ get 1100 yds?" :loco:
I've got LJ too..I'm not worried at all about Priest coming back or not..Cmart let the league in rushing last year, and Lamont jordan had a good season in a backup role..I look for LJ to get 1500+ yards, and for priest to put up about 300-400 yards on less than 100 carries..this is a conservative estimate, I think LJ could do 1800+ yards easily..

I doubt Priest will be much more than Faulk was this last season if he does decide to come back. I hope someone in my league will be willing to part with a pick to take a chance on him...

Don't worry, he's not coming back. The Chiefs owe him a large base salary (don't quote me but something lke $7M?) and have if the best back in the NFL already on their team. With their cap situation, he'll have to restructure and take a big pay cut to stay. That 50/50 is more the Chiefs probability of lettng him stay than Priests wanting to stay.

Johnson is way stronger at the goal line than Holmes. Hopefully Holmes pre-season Cat Scan will still show a few cobwebs.
That's a little harsh isn't it? :thumbdown:
Not in fantasy football. He is a rich man for life and will be fine if he doesn't play. Cobwebs may be the best thing for him.

I've got LJ too..I'm not worried at all about Priest coming back or not..Cmart let the league in rushing last year, and Lamont jordan had a good season in a backup role..I look for LJ to get 1500+ yards, and for priest to put up about 300-400 yards on less than 100 carries..this is a conservative estimate, I think LJ could do 1800+ yards easily..
Apples and oranges. Jordan didn't have a couple of the best seasons ever for a RB on his resume. Priest does.This is also different because Martin was the respected, older veteran, who Herm gave preference over the younger back with great potential. This situation is the opposite. I'm not saying Herm won't feature LJ. I'm just saying that I think Herm is the type of guy who respects talented veterans, and I think this makes it more likely he will find a non-trivial role for Priest if he comes back.Also:Last season:Priest had 7 TDs on 140 touches. 1 per 20 touches.LJ had 21 TDs on 369 touches. 1 per 17.6 touches.Last season:Priest had 4 TDs on 7 rushes at the goal line.LJ had 10 TDs on 24 rushes at the goal line.The year before, Priest had:10 TDs on 18 rushes at the goal line.15 TDs on 215 touches.Both of those were better than LJ's performance last season.LJ is great at the goal line, but I don't see compelling evidence that he is significantly better than Priest. I could easily see Priest taking at least some of LJ's goal line touches, as well as some touches in passing situations and/or in the red zone in general.

Users who are viewing this thread