What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Harrison to Eagles next year? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRaiders

Mr. +EV
Heard this from a co-worker's sister - who was out to lunch with philadelphia sports talk guy Anthony Gargano. He told the group that Harrison (a local guy) had expressed an interest in taking a paycut in order to be an eagle and come home next year.If this is a :honda: I apologizeI don't know what type of paycut he'd be looking at - but I thought this would be of interest.Please flame away for "speculative" posts

Harrison is a great receiver, but the luxury of having Manning throwing to him makes him even better. On top of that Harrison would never play with TO. All TO would do is whine cause they get Harrison involved in the offense and its taking away TO's shine. NEVER EVER HAPPEN. Harrison is on pace to break most of Rice's records if he plays as long as Jerry. Harrison is very comfortable in Indy!!! :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Harrison is a great receiver, but the luxury of having Manning throwing to him makes him even better. On top of that Harrison would never play with TO. All TO would do is whine cause they get Harrison involved in the offense and its taking away TO's shine. NEVER EVER HAPPEN. Harrison is on pace to break most of Rice's records if he plays as long as Jerry. Harrison is very comfortable in Indy!!! :popcorn:
Why wouldthe Colts keep Harrison? They will keep James, because of Stokely's emergence.

Harrison is a great receiver, but the luxury of having Manning throwing to him makes him even better.  On top of that Harrison would never play with TO.  All TO would do is whine cause they get Harrison involved in the offense and its taking away TO's shine.  NEVER EVER HAPPEN.  Harrison is on pace to break most of Rice's records if he plays as long as Jerry.  Harrison is very comfortable in Indy!!!  :popcorn:
Why wouldthe Colts keep Harrison? They will keep James, because of Stokely's emergence.
Because Harrison is the main reason wayne and stokley are doing well. Harrison draws so much attention from the opposing defense that wayne and stokley are able to put up big numbers.Edited to add----by the way they will keep James also!

Interesting theory, but I wonder how you can say with certainty what everybody thinks and feels. Remember, there was no way Corey Dillon could stay out of trouble in New England, and there was no way TO could be happy with McNabb throwing to him.Stars often make sacrifices (both money and stats) to have a shot at a Super Bowl towards the end of their careers. I could see Harrison doing the same if Indy fails in the playoffs again. Stranger things have happened.

Personally I think that's too many cooks in the kitchen. The only reason I could see Harrison leaving the Colts (where he's on pace to be one of the all time greats and already has the record for most prolific WR-QB tandem) would be if he felt like he wasn't getting enough looks this year (silly, and I don't think he feels that way) OR if Polian made a huge mistake and didn't try to keep him (again, I don't see this happening).

Personally I think that's too many cooks in the kitchen. The only reason I could see Harrison leaving the Colts (where he's on pace to be one of the all time greats and already has the record for most prolific WR-QB tandem) would be if he felt like he wasn't getting enough looks this year (silly, and I don't think he feels that way) OR if Polian made a huge mistake and didn't try to keep him (again, I don't see this happening).
Polian said, flat out, less than 3 weeks ago that "Harrison will be here next year." (Meaning will be a Colt next year). Edit: Here it is. This was on November 23rd.

Link

Q: It seems wide receiver Marvin Harrison’s production is down. What’s going on with Marvin? How are the Colts going to keep him next season if they can’t keep him happy this season?

A: I would start with perhaps taking a different view of productivity. Sunday would be a prime example of it. On Sunday, Marvin had a safety and a corner on his side of the field on every single play. They never lined up in single coverage on Marvin the entire day. They just said from the outset, ‘We’re not going to allow Marvin Harrison to beat us.’ So, what did he do? He caught four passes, one for a touchdown. When you talk about productivity, the rest of the offense works because of Marvin. (Wide receiver) Reggie Wayne is open. (Tight end) Dallas Clark is open. Edgerrin James runs. The reason we were able to run the ball Sunday is because they never, ever brought a safety up into the box. They played seven in the box, four people back, virtually the entire game. Because they did not want to get beaten by our deep passing game. So, when people say, ‘Marvin isn’t productive,’ that’s just people who just look at a stat sheet. They don’t look tape. They don’t look at the game. They don’t know what they’re talking about. Marvin has blocked in the past two weeks as well as he ever has blocked in his career. That says a lot for someone who makes his money catching long passes. He has been phenomenal. He’s going to be here next year. No two ways about that. He’s got a smile on his face every day. He goes out and he does his job. No one practices harder. No one prepares better. No one says less. No one calls attention to himself less than Marvin Harrison. All we hear is people in the media trying to drum up some sort of controversy where none exists. To say he’s not productive is absolutely just incorrect. I’ll bet you when the Pro Bowl balloting is in that Marvin Harrison receives more votes in the Pro Bowl balloting than any other receiver. Don’t forget. What will Marvin finish with? Seventy-five catches? That’s a great year for a lot of big-name receivers who do a lot of dancing and a lot of drawing attention to themselves. There’s one receiver who denigrated Marvin who if he caught 75 would elect himself to the Hall of Fame. Let’s make sure we know what we’re talking about here.

Harrison is a great receiver, but the luxury of having Manning throwing to him makes him even better.  On top of that Harrison would never play with TO.  All TO would do is whine cause they get Harrison involved in the offense and its taking away TO's shine.  NEVER EVER HAPPEN.  Harrison is on pace to break most of Rice's records if he plays as long as Jerry.  Harrison is very comfortable in Indy!!!   :popcorn:
Because Harrison is the main reason wayne and stokley are doing well. Harrison draws so much attention from the opposing defense that wayne and stokley are able to put up big numbers.Edited to add----by the way they will keep James also!
I think they'll keep him too, but I disagree.Manning is the main reason those 2 are doing so well. Harrison is a very good WR, but hes no better than an Issac Bruce or Hines Ward....hes been made a lot better by Manning.If the Colts were smart, they'd let him go and get some defensive players. Their offense will be fine without him, as they still have a ton of weapons.

Harrison is a great receiver, but the luxury of having Manning throwing to him makes him even better.  On top of that Harrison would never play with TO.  All TO would do is whine cause they get Harrison involved in the offense and its taking away TO's shine.  NEVER EVER HAPPEN.  Harrison is on pace to break most of Rice's records if he plays as long as Jerry.  Harrison is very comfortable in Indy!!!   :popcorn:
I think they'll keep him too, but I disagree.Manning is the main reason those 2 are doing so well. Harrison is a very good WR, but hes no better than an Issac Bruce or Hines Ward....hes been made a lot better by Manning.If the Colts were smart, they'd let him go and get some defensive players. Their offense will be fine without him, as they still have a ton of weapons.
Man, I love disagreeing with you. ;) (not about them keeping both, but at the WR comparison)Marvin has helped make Manning the QB he is today. He'd probably still be good without Marvin, but not the top dog. MH is better than Bruce by a lot, and a little better than Ward right now, career-wise it isn't close.There are only 2 "better" WRs in the NFL, Moss and TO (TO is debateable). Yes, the Colts have other weapons, but none are close to Marvin.
:rotflmao: at the thought of Stokely being anything more than the beneficiary of matchups and Peyton's love.But, if the Colts want to risk it, I'd imagine a few teams can find a home for Marvin. I don't see Philly being that team, but anything is possible.In the end, Marvin will retire a Colt. I'd find new RB, but the Colts will probably keep both.

The only reason I could see Harrison leaving the Colts would be if he felt like he wasn't getting enough looks this year OR if Polian made a huge mistake and didn't try to keep him.
Maybe he wants to win a championship?

Man, I mentioned this a couple months ago and everyone probably thought I was crazy:So anybody else think Harrison ..., Is Gonna Have A Chat W/Peyton?Posted: Nov 14 2004, 06:28 PM How about "I'm sure my old college QB Donovan would love to have me in Philly"?

Yea but there is another side to maybe why Harrison would CONSIDER Philly. I'm not saying its gonna happen. But Harrison is a Syracuse product, and during college, him and Donovan were on point. They made each other premiere college players. They remain good friends. Yes, Harrison is very comfortable in Indy, but I think he'd also be very comfortable in Philly playing with his old friend and a QB that he has proven great chemistry with....on a team with a better shot at a ring than Indy (maybe even more so if Edge is gone next year).You guys forget that when you're on a winning team, players #####ing is almost non-existant (unless you're Freddie Mitchell). While TO loves his stats, its obvious he loves winning more. He also loves the idea of "making history," TO would probably enjoy spending a couple seasons talking about the greatest reciving duo in the history of football, on the greatest offense in the history of football (i know the greatest offense part might be a strech).All this said, Harrison isn't a young guy, and the Eagles aren't gonna pay him the money he would recieve in Indy most likely. They Eagles probably aren't gonna dish out a lot of money at the WR position at all probably, considering Pinky & TO are signed for the next couple years, and I believe Freddy has another year left (or they would even want to try and develop McMullen or Greg Lewis more). They'd probably invest money on a backfield mate to go with Westbeezy, and probably at LB as well before they put money into WR.But if a player with the skills and talents of Harrison wants to come to Philly, espically when he's good friends and had proven success with McNabb, the franchise player...The one player who can really get in the ear of Andy....I think there is a CHANCE you'll see Harrison in grenn next year. Not a big chance, but maybe a chance. And for now....i'm gonna knock on wood and hope The Cuz is for real....because a offense with D-Nasty, TO, and Marvin Harrison...would probably be one of the most exciting and record breaking arieal attacks we've seen in our life time. (its nice to dream)

Don't you think Polian wants to win a Superbowl? Or do think he's happy just having a good record every year and getting bounced from the playoffs because his defense sucks?Harrison will be 33 next year and doesn't have a lot of time left. If the Colts sign Edge and Harrison they will only be able to keep them next year and will be forced to cut/trade them because of their cap situation in 2006, mainly because of Manning's salary. If the Colts are ever going to win the Superbowl it means investing in their defense so that they don't have to put up 40+ points a game to win. The way it is now they will always lose enough games because of their defense to keep them from getting home field in the playoffs. And without a good defense, they don't stand a chance of beating outdoor teams in the cold. The Colts and Vikings both need to figure out the season is more than 16 games long and that you need a defense to win in the playoffs.

Heard this from a co-worker's sister - who was out to lunch
That's all you need to say.The concept of Harrison and Owens sharing a receiving corps is floated by someone who is out to lunch.

I'm going to maintain this as pure :bs: HOWEVER I was railing against the idea of TO coming to the Eagles a year ago. As a fan, just for a second, could you imagine! :eek: :excited: :nerd: OK, back to reality now...Mo will be a Colt b/c Peyton Manning is the team's real GM at this point.

Harrison would be the oldest significant FA Andy Reid has ever signed (excluding punt returner Brian Mitchell) by about 5 years. I don't see it happening for just that reason. Plus because there's a snowball's chance in hell that the Colts let him go.Harrison would have to take a paycut of Trotter's level to be an Eagle next year. And I'm thinking all the cash the Colts will throw his way will convince him not to make a decision like that.

Harrison would be the oldest significant FA Andy Reid has ever signed (excluding punt returner Brian Mitchell) by about 5 years. I don't see it happening for just that reason. Plus because there's a snowball's chance in hell that the Colts let him go.Harrison would have to take a paycut of Trotter's level to be an Eagle next year. And I'm thinking all the cash the Colts will throw his way will convince him not to make a decision like that.
To was basically a free agent and Andy would have signed him. You are right about Andy and the age thing, but TO makes that point less relevant.This is all garbage talk though. Unless Marvin wants to play for $5 a year, the Eagles wont sign him. We dont need him, so there would be no way we would structure a deal that would compromise our cap position, If he wanted to sign a deal without a signing bonus we may want him, but otherwise, noiPart of what makes us near the cream of the crop is a brilliant front office and capologist. He would never sign a player we dont need. The only bad long term signing has been stinkston. Now Harrison is awesome, but not a position of need

Sure, sure, it likely won't happen. BUT...if it did, I'm pretty sure I'd take McNabb no matter where I was drafting, and I'd pay a premium for him in my auctions. :excited:

Why does everyone assume when a player's contract is ending that the player is looking to "go back home?" Damn, its irritating.

One thing I don't get in this post is how everyone keeps saying he wants to leave after this year to win a Super Bowl. If my memory serves me correct the Super Bowl hasn't been played this year yet and the Colts are looking pretty damn impressive. So who's to say they aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year.

There are only 2 "better" WRs in the NFL, Moss and TO (TO is debateable).
I'd put Chad Johnson up there now, I think he's really close to that level.
:goodposting:
I won't disagree that he's close, as in the next tier. But he isn't there yet.Javon Walker, Torry Holt, and Andre Johnson are close, and equal to Chad Johnson, but none are in the top 3 yet.

All I need Marvin to say is that "It's not about the money," then I know he's off to the highest bidder.

Harrison will be 33 next year and doesn't have a lot of time left. If the Colts sign Edge and Harrison they will only be able to keep them next year and will be forced to cut/trade them because of their cap situation in 2006, mainly because of Manning's salary.
:confused: Leave the salary cap talk to people who understand it CSTU.
Sure, I don't :no: Do you know what Manning's salary figure will be in 2006 and beyond? Nearly $18 million. Even with an increase in the cap it is going to be financially impossible for the Colts to keep both Harrison and Edge beyond 2005. The numbers just don't work. So please do some research on the Colts situation before saying I don't know anything about the cap. Thanks.

Why would anybody believe anything that Anthony Gargano has to say? I live in the area and listen to WIP regularly. The worst show on the air is the Cataldi show in the morning which ironically is followed by the 1A worst show which is Gargano's. Gargano talks a big game but he is really small potatos and doesn't know his ### from a hole in the ground. He is hands down the WORST personality on that station (and this is a station that has Cataldi on it). He should stick to the Godfather movie discussions and restaurants where he is going to stuff his fat face. This guy is the biggest ##### bag.

For proof, click HERE

That should pretty much sum up my arguement (and yes that is him in the picture). What an ###!!

If you want real facts, listen to the King of Bling, Howard Eskin.

Why does everyone assume when a player's contract is ending that the player is looking to "go back home?" Damn, its irritating.
No Doubt - wouldn't his long history with Indie, and his relationship with Peyton, be more like home at this point anyway?

One thing I don't get in this post is how everyone keeps saying he wants to leave after this year to win a Super Bowl. If my memory serves me correct the Super Bowl hasn't been played this year yet and the Colts are looking pretty damn impressive. So who's to say they aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year.
Plus, what about Philly = closer to a Bowl than Indie?The Eagles have to prove they are more than a watering hole for th eeventual NFC representative.Now, if he wanted a Bowl, he'd be talking about hooking up with Brady, not McNabb.

Marvin has helped make Manning the QB he is today. He'd probably still be good without Marvin, but not the top dog.
That's pretty funny. Marvin never even had 1000 yards before Manning. In Manning's rookie year he went for about 800. In Manning's second year he exploded. Impossible to tell who made who but I would bet Manning would make anyone good. How you came to the conclusion Harrison made Manning is almost funny to think about. Manning is clearly the most talented QB in the NFL. Marvin is clearly not the most talented WR. Hmmm.

Harrison will be 33 next year and doesn't have a lot of time left.  If the Colts sign Edge and Harrison they will only be able to keep them next year and will be forced to cut/trade them because of their cap situation in 2006, mainly because of Manning's salary. 
:confused: Leave the salary cap talk to people who understand it CSTU.
Sure, I don't :no: Do you know what Manning's salary figure will be in 2006 and beyond? Nearly $18 million. Even with an increase in the cap it is going to be financially impossible for the Colts to keep both Harrison and Edge beyond 2005. The numbers just don't work. So please do some research on the Colts situation before saying I don't know anything about the cap. Thanks.
Have you read through any of the threads Johnny U and I have had about Edge and Harrison and the cap situation? We've broken the team's cap situation down to the player. Manning's contract is not the problem. It was designed to be restructured after the 2005 season.
How long do you suppose the Colts can keep restructuring Manning's contract? So you can keep pushing a contract way into the future without any repercussions? I'm not saying that's it's impossible to sign Harrison and Edge, just that it would be foolish. Those 3 guys are going to take up a huge amount of the cap, regardless of how you restructure the deal. There's no way they can keep them both and field a balanced team. All it's going to do is put them in salary cap hell in 3-4 years - years that they won't win the Superbowl anyway because of their pathetic defense. Tell me where I'm wrong on this - I'd like to know.

How long do you suppose the Colts can keep restructuring Manning's contract?
FORever - the Dolphins used to do this year in and year out with Marino so they could afford to keep players.They keep putting it off top win NOW and they worry about the cap hit later.Like a reckless credit card user lucky enough to have a credit card company bumping your limits every year, the team will keep restructuring as long as they have to.The hammer will eventually fall, but if it falls in three years when Harrison and Edge are too old to be effective and the team's building youth instead, they hopefully have a Bowl or two and they take the hit.The loser here is probably Wayne, who the team will have trouble affording after next year when his K is up.

Marvin has helped make Manning the QB he is today. He'd probably still be good without Marvin, but not the top dog.
That's pretty funny. Marvin never even had 1000 yards before Manning. In Manning's rookie year he went for about 800. In Manning's second year he exploded. Impossible to tell who made who but I would bet Manning would make anyone good. How you came to the conclusion Harrison made Manning is almost funny to think about. Manning is clearly the most talented QB in the NFL. Marvin is clearly not the most talented WR. Hmmm.
How hard is it to understand that without his top WR, Manning wouldn't be the elite QB he is right now? :confused: What objective criteria are you using for the assessment that Manning is "clearly" the most talented QB?Stats?His college career?Super Bowl wins?Arm Strength?Hype?I won't deny that Peyton is a very good QB, maybe the best in the NFL, but not "clearly" the best or the most talented.
Marvin never even had 1000 yards before Manning.
He was in the league two years before Peyton came out, and Marvin got 800 yards as a rookie.
1996 Indianapolis Colts 16 15 64 836 13.1 41 8 15 1 43 1997 Indianapolis Colts 16 15 73 866 11.9 44 6 9 2 46 1998 Indianapolis Colts 12 12 59 776 13.2 61 7 9 2 40 1999 Indianapolis Colts 16 16 115 1663 14.5 57 12 24 7 79 2000 Indianapolis Colts 16 16 102 1413 13.9 78 14 16 4 70 2001 Indianapolis Colts 16 16 109 1524 14.0 68 15 19 6 75 2002 Indianapolis Colts 16 16 143 1722 12.0 69 11 22 4 92 2003 Indianapolis Colts 15 15 94 1272 13.5 79 10 17 4 60 2004 Indianapolis Colts 12 12 67 870 13.0 59 12 13 3 48 TOTAL 135 133 826 10942 13.2 79 95 144 33 553

How hard is it to understand that without his top WR, Manning wouldn't be the elite QB he is right now? :confused:
I think that was true in '99 and '00.I think now you could remove Marvin from that team and Manning will still easily crest 4G and approach 40 TDs.

Plus, what about Philly = closer to a Bowl than Indie?The Eagles have to prove they are more than a watering hole for th eeventual NFC representative.Now, if he wanted a Bowl, he'd be talking about hooking up with Brady, not McNabb.
:thumbup:

:thumbup:
:yes:Also the only reason I could see him signing in Baltimore.

How long do you suppose the Colts can keep restructuring Manning's contract?
FORever - the Dolphins used to do this year in and year out with Marino so they could afford to keep players.They keep putting it off top win NOW and they worry about the cap hit later.Like a reckless credit card user lucky enough to have a credit card company bumping your limits every year, the team will keep restructuring as long as they have to.The hammer will eventually fall, but if it falls in three years when Harrison and Edge are too old to be effective and the team's building youth instead, they hopefully have a Bowl or two and they take the hit.The loser here is probably Wayne, who the team will have trouble affording after next year when his K is up.
I agree Marc, that seems to be what they want to do. However, they could let Harrison go, sign Edge and Wayne to long-term deals, fix the defense and not endure a horrible rebuilding period like the Dolphins. I'm sure Manning doesn't want to go through what Marino did, although he is following in his footsteps.

A few "random thoughts" from a Colts homer:It is Indy, not Indie.The Colts will place the Franchise tag on Marvin if they can't get him signed before then. He WILL be a Colts next season barring a nasty ##### slapping of Peyton Manning on national TV before the end of the year.The greatest aerial attack is being witnessed this year in Indy, not any year with Donovan "get it close" McNabb at QB.Marvin and PM have helped each other over the years. Get a copy of Marvin's highlight reel to see how he has helped PM. And count the number of targets to Marvin over the years to see how PM has helped him.The Eagles haven't proven a thing to this point on how to win a Superbowl. They are in the worst division in football IMHO. And the NFC is FAR inferior to the AFC this year. The Colts do need to improve their Defense. However, this D is not as bad as some think. They are working with a lead and causing turnovers. Their sack differential is silly. And teams have to pass to keep up with them.I can't wait to see Troy Brown cover Stokley on a deep corner route. :rotflmao: The Steelers aren't built to play against the Colts offense. Blitzes don't affect the Colts, and the running game will be diminished when the Colts go up 14 on them.I know defense wins championships, but I truly feel this is the offense that can change that trend.No offense intended with this post. Fire away. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

It took you all night to think of that cstu? lol :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

It took you all night to think of that cstu? lol :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Nah, just got back from a movie, hehe. I'm a Colts fan (had 6th row 50 yd. line season tickets a few years ago - nice) so I'd like to see them (or the Chargers) win the Superbowl. I'm just frustrated with the team not focusing more on the defense when they are so close to winning a Superbowl. I'll be rooting for them but I have a feeling they will fall short in the playoffs.

Nah, just got back from a movie, hehe. I'm a Colts fan (had 6th row 50 yd. line season tickets a few years ago - nice) so I'd like to see them (or the Chargers) win the Superbowl. I'm just frustrated with the team not focusing more on the defense when they are so close to winning a Superbowl. I'll be rooting for them but I have a feeling they will fall short in the playoffs.
If you think you're frustrated, ask yourself how Chiefs fans are feeling.At least your draft picks are solid, and quite a few have been on defense.

Impossible to tell who made who but I would bet Manning would make anyone good.
Jerome Pathon, E.G. Green, Terrence Wilkins, and Troy Walters will be over to collect on that bet shortly.

Yea but there is another side to maybe why Harrison would CONSIDER Philly. I'm not saying its gonna happen. But Harrison is a Syracuse product, and during college, him and Donovan were on point. They made each other premiere college players. They remain good friends. Yes, Harrison is very comfortable in Indy, but I think he'd also be very comfortable in Philly playing with his old friend and a QB that he has proven great chemistry with....on a team with a better shot at a ring than Indy (maybe even more so if Edge is gone next year).
Hmmm.....Harrison's first year in the NFL was 1996. McNabb's first year in the NFL was 1999. That means that McNabb would have been a freshman when Marvin was a senior. Are you sure you're not thinking of McNabb and Kevin Johnson? I don't think either of these guys "made the other better". I'm not sure they even played together much...............

Yea but there is another side to maybe why Harrison would CONSIDER Philly.  I'm not saying its gonna happen.  But Harrison is a Syracuse product, and during college, him and Donovan were on point.  They made each other premiere college players.  They remain good friends.  Yes, Harrison is very comfortable in Indy, but I think he'd also be very comfortable in Philly playing with his old friend and a QB that he has proven great chemistry with....on a team with a better shot at a ring than Indy (maybe even more so if Edge is gone next year).
Hmmm.....Harrison's first year in the NFL was 1996. McNabb's first year in the NFL was 1999. That means that McNabb would have been a freshman when Marvin was a senior. Are you sure you're not thinking of McNabb and Kevin Johnson? I don't think either of these guys "made the other better". I'm not sure they even played together much...............
That's not true actually...Harrison set the Syracuse receiving record with 1,131 yards in 1995, McNabb's first year as a starter (remember McNabb was a four year starter at the Cuse). Harrison was McNabb's go-to guy for his first two years, replaced by KJ (who actually was this close to beating McNabb for the QB job when they were both freshmen).

Yea but there is another side to maybe why Harrison would CONSIDER Philly.  I'm not saying its gonna happen.  But Harrison is a Syracuse product, and during college, him and Donovan were on point.  They made each other premiere college players.  They remain good friends.  Yes, Harrison is very comfortable in Indy, but I think he'd also be very comfortable in Philly playing with his old friend and a QB that he has proven great chemistry with....on a team with a better shot at a ring than Indy (maybe even more so if Edge is gone next year).
That's not true actually...Harrison set the Syracuse receiving record with 1,131 yards in 1995, McNabb's first year as a starter (remember McNabb was a four year starter at the Cuse). Harrison was McNabb's go-to guy for his first two years, replaced by KJ (who actually was this close to beating McNabb for the QB job when they were both freshmen).
Interesting. So, did McNabb play five years in college then? Because if Marvin's last year at Syracuse was 1995 (which it was) and McNabb first year there was 1995, it would seem that they played one year together, not two. Thanks for the info.....I was just looking at the math and it didn't seem to go together.

:confused: 1995 would have been Harrison's last year at Syracuse, since he was in the NFL in 1996. So the original poster was right, they only played together one year, 1995.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread