What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has any rumor thread ever come true? (1 Viewer)

I just dug this up and posted it in another rumor thread. This is one of my favorites:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=201615&hl=+priest +holmes +rumor

"Take it FWIW, but I work with a guy who's daughter talked to Priest yesterday (she works for his agent), and she says that Priest may be done. Aparently when he gets hit a certain way, he goes partially numb. She said he is pretty scared.Don't know how true this is, but I do know that she talks to these guys frequently."

The guy was bashed by many, while others went out and secured Larry Johnson. Five days later Rotoworld posted that Priest might be out for the rest of the season. People continued to bash rotoworld after that. Of course, we all know Priest didn't come back that year.

I won a championship on that by the way.

I just dug this up and posted it in another rumor thread. This is one of my favorites:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=201615&hl=+priest +holmes +rumor

"Take it FWIW, but I work with a guy who's daughter talked to Priest yesterday (she works for his agent), and she says that Priest may be done. Aparently when he gets hit a certain way, he goes partially numb. She said he is pretty scared.Don't know how true this is, but I do know that she talks to these guys frequently."

The guy was bashed by many, while others went out and secured Larry Johnson. Five days later Rotoworld posted that Priest might be out for the rest of the season. People continued to bash rotoworld after that. Of course, we all know Priest didn't come back that year.

First one I thought of.

As the long as the supposed source is at least credible/legit then I have no problems with it. When a poster says they know someone it's anyone's guess, but when someone cites a specific tweet/blog then you have to consider the source's history.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, that was some crazy stuff. After she told me that, I would watch ESPN and they would mention that Priest was questionable, but would probably play, but I only knew what I was told and at the time it seemed like I was the only one in the world who knew. It sucked, because we loved Priest. It also allowed me to pick up Larry Johnson for a ridiculous run the second half of that year and next.

Users who are viewing this thread