What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has anyone seen/bought a 4K (2160P) HDTV? (1 Viewer)

Saw a LG OLED this weekend. It made every single LCD look like ####. Can't wait till LG's patent is out (in a year) and prices drop. 60" was ~3k.
I have read the LGs are ridiculous. Too bad they are so expensive.
Meh, it's comparable to plasmas when they came out and they will come down. The biggest problem right now is the patent that LG has, once that expires then more competition and prices drop. :)
:goodposting: just hoping my plasma lasts that long. LCDs blow.
Right there with you man.

Saw a LG OLED this weekend. It made every single LCD look like ####. Can't wait till LG's patent is out (in a year) and prices drop. 60" was ~3k.
Meh, it's comparable to plasmas when they came out and they will come down. The biggest problem right now is the patent that LG has, once that expires then more competition and prices drop. :)
My Panny Plasma is starting to get some picture burn-in. Have had it for 5+ years now. Looking at some of the 4K deals for Black Friday and there are a couple that are tempting.

My Panny Plasma is starting to get some picture burn-in. Have had it for 5+ years now. Looking at some of the 4K deals for Black Friday and there are a couple that are tempting.
The samsung 65" 850D is supposed to be under $2k starting the 20th and is rated the best i this class.

http://www.costco.com/Samsung-65%22-Class-%2864.5%22-Diag.%29-4K-Ultra-HD-Smart-3D-LED-LCD-TV-UN65JS850DFXZA.product.100178040.html

Ok, I was out browsing TVs this weekend, and saw a couple 60+ inch, curved 4K TVs for $5000+. Then I saw this at Costco and on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN65JU6700-Curved-65-Inch-Ultra/dp/B00TWFHY1C/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dptod_kFrtwb0BBJP2J_im

Is that a really good deal or is it the red headed step child of 4K TVs?
Don't think any Samsung is going to be a red headed step child in the TV business. Not sure on how good of a deal it is but I doubt you'd be disappointed in a Samsung TV.

Ok, I was out browsing TVs this weekend, and saw a couple 60+ inch, curved 4K TVs for $5000+. Then I saw this at Costco and on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN65JU6700-Curved-65-Inch-Ultra/dp/B00TWFHY1C/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dptod_kFrtwb0BBJP2J_im

Don't think any Samsung is going to be a red headed step child in the TV business. Not sure on how good of a deal it is but I doubt you'd be disappointed in a Samsung TV.
I have a Samsung LED right now and love it. Just couldn't figure out the price discrepancy in the TVs I was looking at. Maybe the other ones had 3D or something but that doesn't seem to be a $2k feature.

I have a Samsung LED right now and love it. Just couldn't figure out the price discrepancy in the TVs I was looking at. Maybe the other ones had 3D or something but that doesn't seem to be a $2k feature.
Last years model? :shrug:

Last years model? :shrug:
LED wife and I bought earlier this year.

Friggen awesome picture.

Brother has a Vizio 4K tv.........this one blows it away

Samsung has three levels of TV - entry (6xxx), mid (7xxx), and high (8xxx and 9xxx).

While the JU6700 is good, the JS8500 is much better and is selling now for 1999.

Samsung has three levels of TV - entry (6xxx), mid (7xxx), and high (8xxx and 9xxx).

While the JU6700 is good, the JS8500 is much better and is selling now for 1999.
have mine coming tomorrow. Been waiting on this price drop.

Any of those LG OLED's going on sale for Black Friday?
Highly doubtful. Places can't keep them in stock around here. Biggest issue is that LG has a patent (acquired through an acquisition I believe) and they are the only mfg in the game for OLED right now.

SUHD is mostly marketing. I think you're better off saving $400 and putting it toward an OLED in a year or two.

Not seeing much for fantastic deals in the 65" + range. I was hoping the Vizio E65-C3 would get to $700. Not desperate yet unless the current 60" totally breaks down.

Probably wait until after Christmas if not longer.

Not seeing much for fantastic deals in the 65" + range. I was hoping the Vizio E65-C3 would get to $700. Not desperate yet unless the current 60" totally breaks down.

Probably wait until after Christmas if not longer.
Same here. I have a 50" Panasonic plasma that has been great, but slowly starting to see some image burn in it. I want to upgrade to a bigger 4K, but seems like the ones that are worth it, are still a tad out of what I'm looking to pay at the moment. Unless I find a good deal on a 60"+ w/240hz, I'm fine holding out.

Need to buy a 55" TV for our family room in the next week or so.  Options at Costco are:

Samsung 1080p: $550

LG 1080p: $550

Vizio 4K UHD: $690

Which should I go with? For context, I thought one of the TVs in our house was high def for a few years and only recently discovered it's 720 not 1080, so I'm easy to please.  At the store, the 4K had more detail than the 1080p, but I don't know if it was better, if that makes sense.

After my son broke my plasma I had to get a new 60".  I couldn't justify paying almost 2x as much for a 4k when there is barely any 4k content available.  Went with a $688 Vizio at Sam's.  If 4k is that life changing i can always upgrade in a few years when more content out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
After my son broke my plasma I had to get a new 60".  I couldn't justify paying almost 2x as much for a 4k when there is barely any 4k content available.  Went with a $688 Vizio at Sam's.  If 4k is that life changing i can always upgrade in a few years when more content out there.
Pretty much the same here. The 4k TVs in the store look fantastic but the video they are playing caters to best case scenario. That best case scenario isn't available yet at home for the bulk of content. So, I went with a LG 60PB6650 (60" plasma) for $640 from Micro Center. At that low price I'm more than willing to tread water until 4k content because more the norm.

Panasonic Plasma took a dump this week, went with the 65" LG 4k w/3D.  Awesome TV when connected to the 4k and 3D content.  Watched Avatar in 3D tonight and it was amazing at home.  Still have some settings to mess with.

I'm in the market for my first 4k smart TV due to an upcoming move. Samsung has a new innovation called "the frame" that doubles as artwork when the TV is off. Price tag is steep ($1999 for 55" and $2799 for 65"). Sure does look cool, though. Anyone heard anything?

http://www.samsung.com/us/explore/frame-tv/4k-uhd/ 
Depends on what art it's doubling as.  Some paintings go for millions, and are much smaller than 65" across - so 2,800 for that kinda technology seems pretty good.

--That's about as good as any TV advice one would get from that guy who welched on a bet and took off. 

I'm in the market for my first 4k smart TV due to an upcoming move. Samsung has a new innovation called "the frame" that doubles as artwork when the TV is off. Price tag is steep ($1999 for 55" and $2799 for 65"). Sure does look cool, though. Anyone heard anything?

http://www.samsung.com/us/explore/frame-tv/4k-uhd/ 
I havent read up on that feature, but there are numerous apps that you can use to show pictures or art on your tv.  i wouldn't pay for that feature.  Pay for the picture quality.  for ~3k you can get a top 4k tv(LG from what i know makes the top ones right now). 

I'll wait for closer to Christmas to look in earnest. I want a 65" and bet Amazon, Costco, Breast Buy will all have decent, inexpensive offerings for 4k.

Target has a 55" OLED on sale for 1600. They have two 65" options (2600 and 2800 - haven't dug to see the difference). Are these missing something important since all of the prices above are 3 and 4K? 

https://www.target.com/p/lg-55-class-2160p-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-oled-tv-oled55b7a/-/A-52328755 

https://www.target.com/p/lg-174-65-4k-uhd-hdr-smart-oled-tv-oled65b7a/-/A-52693804?lnk 
Nope, not sure how Target has the B7 versions those were supposed to be warehouse models.

So this is the new normal for OLED? We move in a month, and I am building my first high quality AV room. First time with 5.1 speakers and a high quality TV. Kids will go nuts playing the Switch on a 4K TV with real quality sound (been using a 1080 Samsung for about 5 years that's starting to fade in low light). I want it to be easy to use, and reviews say LG has the most intuitive SmartTV/app set up. 

So this is the new normal for OLED? We move in a month, and I am building my first high quality AV room. First time with 5.1 speakers and a high quality TV. Kids will go nuts playing the Switch on a 4K TV with real quality sound (been using a 1080 Samsung for about 5 years that's starting to fade in low light). I want it to be easy to use, and reviews say LG has the most intuitive SmartTV/app set up. 
I don't know.  My tv in my man cave has been having issues lately so I've been looking.  Noticed those on Amazon this morning and then saw your post about the Target prices.  I'm guessing that this is just the natural price progression we see with every new tv style.  I think I'm going to hold out until Thanksgiving week/week after to see if I can save a few more hundred, but I don't mind the prices I'm seeing now at all.

I don't know much about the LG SmartTV, but I've seen the same reviews you did which is why I was taking a look at them.

I'm not sure what the new normal will be but they have been steadily declining over time, which is typical for technology.

I'm not sure what the new normal will be but they have been steadily declining over time, which is typical for technology.
God I hope prices keep dropping. I have a 1080p 47" today and sit about 10 feet away so you can imagine how puny that thing looks. So, do I

A) Buy a 70-75" 4k LED, or

B) Wait until fall 2018 to see if nice sized OLED prices have come down

I mean, everyone who's got an OLED says they can no longer enjoy plain 4k or even going to the movies anymore.

God I hope prices keep dropping. I have a 1080p 47" today and sit about 10 feet away so you can imagine how puny that thing looks. So, do I

A) Buy a 70-75" 4k LED, or

B) Wait until fall 2018 to see if nice sized OLED prices have come down

I mean, everyone who's got an OLED says they can no longer enjoy plain 4k or even going to the movies anymore.
Well if you want 70+ then you may not get an OLED. They top out at 65 and I have no idea if LG is going to release a 70". Prices this year are less than last year by a few hundred, I would imagine that it will follow suit next year. Unless you have chet money then I'd get one now.

I've been eyeing the Samsung QLED TV's. The Q8 version in particular. The Q7 doesn't have as good a picture, but the Q8 is just as good as the Q9 (which is ridiculously expensive, particularly over 65 inches). 

The 65 inch Q7 and Q8 just had a price drop. The Q8 dropped $500 in the last couple weeks, but still needs to come down more before I jump on it. 

Users who are viewing this thread