What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has anyone seen/bought a 4K (2160P) HDTV? (1 Viewer)

I don't know much about the LG SmartTV, but I've seen the same reviews you did which is why I was taking a look at them.

We got a 46" 2016 LG SmartTV a few months ago.   I'm pretty happy with it.     I'm coming from a HTPC background, so I'm going to find faults and pick nits with nearly every baked in "smart" solution, but LG's overlay is not too shabby compared to others I've played with.  

I've been eyeing the Samsung QLED TV's. The Q8 version in particular. The Q7 doesn't have as good a picture, but the Q8 is just as good as the Q9 (which is ridiculously expensive, particularly over 65 inches). 

The 65 inch Q7 and Q8 just had a price drop. The Q8 dropped $500 in the last couple weeks, but still needs to come down more before I jump on it. 
Hey GB have you ever looked at the LG OLEDs? For that Q8 price point you are in the OLED range and you absolutely need to look at them side by side before you make your decision.

Well if you want 70+ then you may not get an OLED. They top out at 65 and I have no idea if LG is going to release a 70". Prices this year are less than last year by a few hundred, I would imagine that it will follow suit next year. Unless you have chet money then I'd get one now.
Not true. 77 inch LG OLED Wallpaper is a thing of beauty.

What's the difference than OLED and say a Samsung 8000 series? Was looking at getting one later in the year. 

Hey GB have you ever looked at the LG OLEDs? For that Q8 price point you are in the OLED range and you absolutely need to look at them side by side before you make your decision.
Well, the Q8 is not in my price range yet. It still needs to come way down before I pull the trigger. That being said, I will absolutely check out the LG OLED. 

What's the difference than OLED and say a Samsung 8000 series? Was looking at getting one later in the year. 
tl;dr version, Samsung's QLED is still an LCD with an LED backlight while the OLED is a totally different technology. OLED produces more accurate colors, has better black and shadow detail and better viewing angles. CNET did a great article earlier this year.

tl;dr version, Samsung's QLED is still an LCD with an LED backlight while the OLED is a totally different technology. OLED produces more accurate colors, has better black and shadow detail and better viewing angles. CNET did a great article earlier this year.
Sold. I'm going to be watching the LG's from now on. As soon as that C7 drops below $2K I'm going to start getting itchy!

Comparing the Samsung Q8 to the LG OLED

Thanks, GB!

My projector went up and I want to get a new one, but the real 4k ones are just too damn expensive right now.

I'd love to be able to get an 80 inch + OLED but once again, those things are super expensive.  Looks like I'll be without a huge tv for the first time in like 15 years.

:(

My projector went up and I want to get a new one, but the real 4k ones are just too damn expensive right now.

I'd love to be able to get an 80 inch + OLED but once again, those things are super expensive.  Looks like I'll be without a huge tv for the first time in like 15 years.

:(
The FauxK projectors come really close to looking like 4k.

Check out the Epson 4000 or the Optoma UHD60.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that site legit? Reviews seem pretty shaky with bait and switch claims among other issues at consumeraffairs.com. 

Methinks too good to be true. 
Really? That's unfortunate. I've only heard good things, albeit a few years ago, about Abes. Looks like Amazon doesn't have last years model anymore.

Finally received my LG OLED 65B7A today. Prices at normal retailers for $2,600. Bought on eBay for $1,899 no tax and free delivery. Amazing quality. 

If you can wait a bit for freight shipping it’s great. Reddit had some good things to say too. 

Price fluctuates. It’s currently $2,099 on eBay. Wait for the price to drop and pounce. 

Firstclasstvs

You can also search iElectrica

Johnny Rock said:
Finally received my LG OLED 65B7A today. Prices at normal retailers for $2,600. Bought on eBay for $1,899 no tax and free delivery. Amazing quality. 

If you can wait a bit for freight shipping it’s great. Reddit had some good things to say too. 

Price fluctuates. It’s currently $2,099 on eBay. Wait for the price to drop and pounce. 

Firstclasstvs

You can also search iElectrica
you’re gonna love it.  Insane contrast ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread