What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has anyone Traded away Charles? (1 Viewer)

I was offered Foster and Rivers for Charles in a 1 ppr (RB) 0.5 ppr (WR/TE) league. I am really thin at QB (Foles, Cutler) but I didn't even think about pulling the trigger.

Just for some persoective here, Charles is only averaging 1.5 fppg more than Forte and 3.5 more than Bush It isn't like he is lapping the field or anything.
Look a little deeper beyond the numbers.In comparison to Reggie Bush, the key is consistency. Reggie may get you 7 or 27 and that is typical for him. He may be a huge portion of the gameplan or the secondary. Jamaal, on the other hand is always the first and second option in many ways and is consistent each week. There is also a much higher injury concern with Reggie Bush that is perceived over the course of the season.

In comparison to Matt Forte, Forte is having a whale of a year and you couldn't go wrong with either. However, in Chicago there is much more competition and, in general, you really get the impression that Forte is playing beyond his norm right now. In contrast, when you look at Charles, you get the impression that he is actually playing below his norm. Charles' perofrmance in this system right now is almost like "well, at a bare minimum, this is the kind of day you should always get. But charles could easily put up a huge run and TD on any given week, and probably will." In simpler terms, Charles has the higher floor and higher ceiling.§
Being a Bears fan, I'm not sure what you mean. This is Forte when he's healthy, just like this being Charles when he's healthy. With Cutler being down, Forte will become even more important. Michael Bush is no competition.
An argument can be made about what Second Sight is saying if you compare Charles' and Forte's 2013 YPC vs their career YPC. Though going forward it's probably 50/50 as to who's gonna score more points per game this year.

what does everyone think of Charles ROS? Does he blow up in matchups vs. Denver or will he be stuck in mud with the tougher schedule down the stretch. I am debating aquiring him, but it will cost me. Just looking for opinions before I pull the trigger.

Who wins:

Jamaal Charles

Gronk

vs

Zac Stacy

Demaryius Thomas

Jason Witten

FGB 200 forward values pretty much call this dead even in my league. I don't think it is personally. No veto in the league though, but it looks fair enough

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Charles even in tough matchups. He's a 3rd down back that get 1/2 down carries also. Alex Smith is captain checkdown. He may have even bigger games if KC is behind (esp. in PPR)

I have Charles and was thinking of trading him, J.Bell, and Shorts for Lacy, K.Allen, and Tate. I could use the depth so thinking about it. (I'm starting Boykin, Colston, and Randles right now and would be nice to have some better options)

Who wins:

Jamaal Charles

Gronk

vs

Zac Stacy

Demaryius Thomas

Jason Witten

FGB 200 forward values pretty much call this dead even in my league. I don't think it is personally. No veto in the league though, but it looks fair enough
FBG is very high on Stacy but I think JC/Gronk owner wins hands down. I think defenses will catch up and cook Stacy off, and Gronk is an absolute beast. (My offer of Lacy and Cameron for Gronk was just rejected).

Who wins:

Jamaal Charles

Gronk

vs

Zac Stacy

Demaryius Thomas

Jason Witten

redraft seems fair enough though I'd easily take Chuck Gronk.

Dynasty it's not close. C/G for sure.

Have a deal offered to me in a start 2 QB league:

I give Charles + EJ Manuel and Ryan Fitz;

I get Aaron Rodgers + Aaron Dobson

I currently have Brees at QB1, but have been decimated by injury at QB2 all season and now am left with a hodge podge, including the two bums above plus Tolzien and McCown.

At RB I feel rich thanks to picking up Stacy and Vereen midseason to supplement Charles and CJ?k. I'm 8-2. Can I really roll with Stacy/Vereen/CJ?k ROS in order to have Brees and Rodgers as my starting QBs come playoff time???

Wks 15-16

Rodgers @Dal / Pit

--------------------------------

Manuel @Jax / Mia

Fitzpatrick Ari / @Jax

Charles @Oak / Ind

Stacy NO / TB

Vereen @Mia / @Bal

CJ?k Ari / @Jax

I'm not considering Dobson b/c he likely wouldn't crack my starting lineup, barring injury, but obviously his matchups are the same as Vereen's.

Have a deal offered to me in a start 2 QB league:

I give Charles + EJ Manuel and Ryan Fitz;

I get Aaron Rodgers + Aaron Dobson

I currently have Brees at QB1, but have been decimated by injury at QB2 all season and now am left with a hodge podge, including the two bums above plus Tolzien and McCown.

At RB I feel rich thanks to picking up Stacy and Vereen midseason to supplement Charles and CJ?k. I'm 8-2. Can I really roll with Stacy/Vereen/CJ?k ROS in order to have Brees and Rodgers as my starting QBs come playoff time???

Wks 15-16

Rodgers @Dal / Pit

Manuel @Jax / Mia

Fitzpatrick Ari / @Jax

Charles @Oak / Ind

Stacy NO / TB

Vereen @Mia / @Bal

CJ?k Ari / @Jax

I'm not considering Dobson b/c he likely wouldn't crack my starting lineup, barring injury, but obviously his matchups are the same as Vereen's.
Not that anyone cares or should care, but since this is the Jamaal Chuck trade thread...

I just consummated this deal, except that I made him replace Dobson with Racist Riley. I'm high on the Racist, so he was a legit upgrade from my perspective and may even crack my lineup of Demaryius/Gordon/Keenan at some point.

My starting lineup come playoff time (hopefully) -

Brees

Rodgers

DT

Allen

Gordon/Cooper

Stacy

Vereen/CJ?k

Ghost of Tony G

Chiefs/Seahawks

I hated to let Chuck go, but just couldn't resist with word that Rodgers could be back very soon. My trading partner now has McCoy/Charles at RB and doodie at QB, so his is an alternative case study on team construx.

I traded away Charles today in a PPR dynasty league. I was out of the playoff picture this year, so made this trade with 2014 in mind

Gave: Charles, Trent Richardson, Myers

Got: Martin, Spiller, Rudolph

I traded away Charles today in a PPR dynasty league. I was out of the playoff picture this year, so made this trade with 2014 in mind

Gave: Charles, Trent Richardson, Myers

Got: Martin, Spiller, Rudolph
doesn't feel like a good deal to me. first how are you not in the playoff picture with Jamaal Charles? and it seems like some teams would be even more desperate to get Charles. this seems like an even deal long-term, couldn't get Rodgers?

Users who are viewing this thread