What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has anyone Traded away Charles? (2 Viewers)

Was offered Brady, Roddy White and Reggie Bush for him. The owner pulled it away while I was thinking about it because he said he was giving away too much.

In a QB heavy league...I offered him straight up for Brees and was turned down. FWIW, Brees owner also has Rivers and is starting MJD and CJ at RB...with no RB depth.

It would have to be a pretty good deal, but his value is HIGH right now. I wouldn't be 100% opposed...only 95%.

I traded Charles yesterday ...

Got Lynch/Romo in return. I needed QB help ...

Got a top 5 RB and a top 5 QB (in our league) in return for Charles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would need a ton to give away charles.... One of mccoy/forte/ap/dez/calvin something like that... Charles is best player for fantasy for rb/wr.

depends on your league i guess and what kind of shape you are in.

if your 7-1 with him, then no dice but if your 4-4 or something and need help at qb and wr then it could be worth the move.

would never say 100% no as everyone is gonna be in a different spot.

one league i have him with peyton and bush, my wr arent great but unless im getting calvin and another rb back it would be difficult to even consider it

would need something along the lines

of calvin and forte.. which is probably the only scenario that i could see of someone having 2 top guy

i doubt anyone has mccoy and calvin or any combo like that

Just moved him and Kenny stills on a 6-2 team for dez and ap! Go me lol I know no one cares, it was actually FBG fault cause the spook were putting on about ap like he hasn't been facing 11 man fronts when he almost broke the single season rushing record last year lol come on now!

of calvin and forte.. which is probably the only scenario that i could see of someone having 2 top guy

I don't understand this logic? You aren't willing to trade the top guy at his position but you expect another owner to trade the top guy at his position plus a top 5 guy at another position. Talk about over value your own players.

I tried trading Reggie Bush, Julius Thomas, and Keenan Allen for him two weeks ago and got turned down. It takes A LOT to pry him away from his owner.

Only Manning and Stafford have more fantasy points than Charles in my league. (ppr)

And only Manning, Rodgers, Brees, and Stafford are averaging more fantasy points per game.

On top of that his value could actually go even higher; we haven't seen him really blow up a defense running the ball this year, which he has done somewhat regularly in the past (4 games 140-233yds last year). His week 10 bye is coming at the perfect time to rest him for the playoff push where he has excellent matchups against the skins and then the colts in champ week (who he hung 226yds TD, 1 rec on last year).

Only Manning has a bigger Fppg gap between him and the next guy... and that isn't by much.

So yeah... I'd need very significant upgrades at multiple starting positions to even think about it.

I have Charles and have been dealing with Brady/Cutler at QB. I love Charles but I would more than welcome this trade.

ebsteelers said:

Calvin AND Forte? :lmao: That's ridiculous.

Wise Old Owl said:
redfive said:

I have Charles and have been dealing with Brady/Cutler at QB. I love Charles but I would more than welcome this trade.

I had the choice of Ryan or Flacco, and it was just too much uncertainty. It was tough to trade Charles away but the trade made too much sense on paper for me.

I a Dyno league, traded him for Trent Richardson, Kaepernick, Crabtree, Peppers. It's an NonPPR, IDP league.

Akira said:
I tried trading Reggie Bush, Julius Thomas, and Keenan Allen for him two weeks ago and got turned down. It takes A LOT to pry him away from his owner.
I love Charles but I think I would've accepted that trade offer you made.

Raiderfan32904 said:
It would take something like Peyton or Calvin, seriously.
You wouldn't get close to that.
He said Peyton OR Calvin not Peyton AND Calvin.

Depending on your scoring system and lineup deficiencies either one would be a fair swap.
I read it right. I don't see anyone giving up either of those guys for anyone, though. I could be wrong.
I got depth at running back in the PPR league I own Charles in, while my WR corp is pretty weak. If the Calvin owner offered me a straight up swap I would do it in a heartbeat.

Offered Sproles, Gordon, and Cameron a couple weeks ago. Sproles' value wasn't down as far as it is now, but Gordon and cameron were still in flux since it was shortly after the Hoyer injury. Charles' owner is very high on all 3, and I still couldn't generate enough interest to even get a counter.

Raiderfan32904 said:

Depending on your scoring system and lineup deficiencies either one would be a fair swap.
I read it right. I don't see anyone giving up either of those guys for anyone, though. I could be wrong.
I got depth at running back in the PPR league I own Charles in, while my WR corp is pretty weak. If the Calvin owner offered me a straight up swap I would do it in a heartbeat.
That's what I meant. I wouldn't trade Calvin unless it was for multiple top guys. If someone offered me Calvin for Charles, I'd jump at it.

Raiderfan32904 said:

why? Charles scores more than Calvin

The thing that makes Charles nearly untouchable right now is that he has been exactly what was predicted in that, with the way Reid uses a RB, he has been a PPR goldmine and has been rock solid in the touchdown department as well.

But what is missing in this equation? The trademark Charles production of ripping off huge touchdown runs.

When does that normally happen? When the weather gets cooler and the season begins taking it tolls on players physically through fatigue and attrition, Charles' speed becomes a deadly weapon and the start showing up.

So, if we take the #1 RB in fantasy and add to it the likelihood of some late-season games where he will probably almost single-handedly win you a game here and there, at the most critical time of the year, it is very difficult to think about turning him loose.

Even if that scenario which we have seen play out in the past does not occur this year, most owners will still keep him rather than trade him because most will feel that as long as they have Charles on their team, they are always a legitimate threat to win in a given week. He is literally one of about six or seven players in the entire league who can literally win you a game by himself and one of only two, maybe three RBs who look able to do that this season.§

Just for some persoective here, Charles is only averaging 1.5 fppg more than Forte and 3.5 more than Bush It isn't like he is lapping the field or anything.

Offseason before Andy Reid and Alex Smith went to KC and pre-rookie draft I traded him and a first round draft choice (I lost championship game so it was 11th pick in 12 team dynasty league) away for Megatron. I also had Alfred Morris, Arian Foster and Reggie Bush so I was loaded at rb but thin at wr (paired Mega with Vincent Jackson for a solid tandem). It was a good trade for me given my team situation and the fact that I didnt like this past year's draft class and I tend to do very well with rookie/young free agent pickups during the season (TY Hilton last year, etc.).

That same trade might not make sense to most people now given the various changed situations.

Just for some persoective here, Charles is only averaging 1.5 fppg more than Forte and 3.5 more than Bush It isn't like he is lapping the field or anything.
Look a little deeper beyond the numbers.

In comparison to Reggie Bush, the key is consistency. Reggie may get you 7 or 27 and that is typical for him. He may be a huge portion of the gameplan or the secondary. Jamaal, on the other hand is always the first and second option in many ways and is consistent each week. There is also a much higher injury concern with Reggie Bush that is perceived over the course of the season.

In comparison to Matt Forte, Forte is having a whale of a year and you couldn't go wrong with either. However, in Chicago there is much more competition and, in general, you really get the impression that Forte is playing beyond his norm right now. In contrast, when you look at Charles, you get the impression that he is actually playing below his norm. Charles' perofrmance in this system right now is almost like "well, at a bare minimum, this is the kind of day you should always get. But charles could easily put up a huge run and TD on any given week, and probably will." In simpler terms, Charles has the higher floor and higher ceiling.§

Look a little deeper beyond the numbers.In comparison to Reggie Bush, the key is consistency. Reggie may get you 7 or 27 and that is typical for him. He may be a huge portion of the gameplan or the secondary. Jamaal, on the other hand is always the first and second option in many ways and is consistent each week. There is also a much higher injury concern with Reggie Bush that is perceived over the course of the season.

In comparison to Matt Forte, Forte is having a whale of a year and you couldn't go wrong with either. However, in Chicago there is much more competition and, in general, you really get the impression that Forte is playing beyond his norm right now. In contrast, when you look at Charles, you get the impression that he is actually playing below his norm. Charles' perofrmance in this system right now is almost like "well, at a bare minimum, this is the kind of day you should always get. But charles could easily put up a huge run and TD on any given week, and probably will." In simpler terms, Charles has the higher floor and higher ceiling.§
Being a Bears fan, I'm not sure what you mean. This is Forte when he's healthy, just like this being Charles when he's healthy. With Cutler being down, Forte will become even more important. Michael Bush is no competition.

Have an offer on the table from a JC owner in PPR keeper league. FJax, Ridley and Keenan. Both Keenan and Ridley have stupid good keeper value and it leaves me not just thin but virtually empty..... I'm on the fence.

He's on a bye this week. If the owner is struggling, it's a good time to shoot him an offer. Owner in my league is 4-5 and can't afford another loss. I'm offering Bush/Gordon and hoping for the best.

Edit: Trade was accepted, so it can be done...

I just put out an offer to try to get charles... I Offered AP for charles str8 up in a ppr dynasty.

I have Charles and Rodges. I offered both of them to the guy that has Foles, Brees and McCoy for Brees and McCoy. The guy is a lock to make the playoffs and news is that Rodgers should be back by the playoffs.

I got Charles and J.Reed for Nelson and Andre Brown...this was prior to the Rodgers injury..the guy was desperate and accepted the trade..

I'm considering moving Charles in a 10-team PPR dynasty. My team is devastated by injuries (Crabtree, Harvin, Maclin, Doug Martin, Blackmon), and I'm sitting at 2-7 and definitely not making the playoffs. I've received offers from many different league members. But no one is offering anything close to what it would take to make it worthwhile to trade him.

If I wasn't getting a back that was significantly younger and still proven as part of the trade, I don't think I could make the deal. It would have to be someone like Bernard or Lacy, and I would need a 1st or a good prospect at WR or both to go with the RB.

For a team that is in contention, I don't think that is giving up too much to add the #1 RB for the stretch. But the question is: is that getting enough?

Users who are viewing this thread