What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has Marvin Lewis appologized yet ? (1 Viewer)

The Moz

Footballguy
I understand frustration but i must say that was one of the most idiotic statments I have heard out of a HEAD coach. " he got hurt what can you do ..... were not going to cry about it like their QB did " ??? WTF . I never even hard Ben cry about anyhting - did he ? Way to be a class act their coach and a great example -- go to the media and attack another teams player. Chad Johnson cries more than Vermeil !

Well, it may have been uncalled for, but Ben DID whine about the hit he took earlier this season, so it wasn't altogether untrue.

I never even hard Ben cry about anyhting - did he ? I think he cried when his Fathead posters were not selling as good as Chad Johnson's.

No he did cry about a hit earlier in the year, it was fairly publicized too... Wish I remember what week.

Ben did do a little complaining about Odell Thurman's hit (which was flagged during the game).If you saw the press conference, you'd see that the media was clearly trying to get Lewis to call the injury a cheap shot ... repeatedly asking the question. He got sick of it and in a moment of frustration said something he probably shouldn't have. I don't think he has to apologize publicly.

Way to be a class act their coach and a great example -- go to the media and attack another teams player. Chad Johnson cries more than Vermeil !
:thumbup: He should spend more time doing constructive things like kissing his own quarterbacks.

Here's what Marvin Lewis is referring to:http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05342/618972.stm

Steelers Notebook: Roethlisberger says hit to knee was dirtyThursday, December 08, 2005By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteBen Roethlisberger escaped another knee injury when rookie Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman hit him low in the second quarter of their game Sunday and was penalized for roughing the passer.Roethlisberger yesterday called it a dirty hit."I'm looking down the field," he said, going through the play. "I threw it to Hines [Ward] early, and I saw [Thurman] coming, so I tried to let my body go limp so I could go down and not hurt my knee."From what I heard, he said he got pushed or tripped or something; but anytime you go low on a quarterback, you know it's a little dirty."The pass was complete to Ward for 18 yards, and another 15 was tackled on for Thurman's personal foul.Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis contended this week that Steelers center Jeff Hartings tripped Thurman, although he acknowledged his rookie probably would be fined for the hit by the NFL."In this case the penalty may not have even been warranted because the defensive player was tripped running free to the quarterback by the offensive center," Lewis said. "Maybe it should have been an offensive penalty. But, again, it was called on Odell. So that's the way it goes."

In any case, I don't give a S what Marvin Lewis said or thinks. Other than Palmer's progress, the Bengals are now yesterday's news. On to the Colts! :towelwave:

Users who are viewing this thread