What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Heat movie (2 Viewers)

Top 10 all time
Not even in the top 10 of Deniro or Pacino movies.
Both of these guys have piled up some real turkeys. It happens in a long career. I could see a legit argument for it being in their Top 10.
Combined? No.
Talking for either not a combined record. Of course it isn't when you can cherrypick like that. I think both have done too much great work for it to crack top 5 for either. But with that said if you look at their individual film credits a case could be made for top ten.

Top 10 all time
Both of these guys have piled up some real turkeys. It happens in a long career. I could see a legit argument for it being in their Top 10.
Combined? No.
Talking for either not a combined record. Of course it isn't when you can cherrypick like that. I think both have done too much great work for it to crack top 5 for either. But with that said if you look at their individual film credits a case could be made for top ten.
I was just making a point that the movie isn't close to the top 10 of all time. It's debatable if it's even in the top 10 for films with those actors. It's not even in the top 300.

Top 10 all time
Combined? No.
I was just making a point that the movie isn't close to the top 10 of all time. It's debatable if it's even in the top 10 for films with those actors. It's not even in the top 300.
If the point could be argued that it's top ten for these two then it is defintely in any top 300 list. Certainly if it focuses on crime dramas.

Top 10 all time
Wrong. You cant name 10 each, of their movies that are better.
Combined for sure. This movie's decent but not close to top 10 all time.
Combined yes, I agree. Alright, maybe not top 10 of all time. Close on my list though
You cant argue with Nips on this RBM, he is in the biz. When Pacino gets #### in his pool, Nipesy is right there.

Top 10 all time
Combined yes, I agree. Alright, maybe not top 10 of all time. Close on my list though
You cant argue with Nips on this RBM, he is in the biz. When Pacino gets #### in his pool, Nipesy is right there.
Go skate on some thin ice.

Top 10 all time
Go skate on some thin ice.
It's 65 and sunny... :confused:

Also, why couldn't they go in on the prowl on that final job?
On the bank job? I am pretty sure that when banks get that much money, it does not sit there overnight. The bank is like the middle man. It is dropped off for them to hold it for a few hours and then eventually picked up and taken somewhere else. I am not sure of all of the details, so I put it in simplistic terms, but I am sure someone with more knowledge of the workings of banks can give a more detailed explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, why couldn't they go in on the prowl on that final job?
On the bank job? I am pretty sure that when banks get that much money, it does not sit there overnight. The bank is like the middle man. It is dropped off for them to hold it for a few hours and then eventually picked up and taken somewhere else. I am not sure of all of the details, so I put it in simplistic terms, but I am sure someone with more knowledge of the workings of banks can give a more detailed explanation.
Sounds good to me.What about Chris getting through the roadblock?

Loved the movie. Agree it was a touch too long. I could have lived without as much screen time for the Pacino destroyed marriage/daughter suicide storyline.

Heat is about a half hour too long.They should have totally eliminated the love interest of DeNiro - as it was pointless in the plot.
I've watched the movie 10 times. The more times you watch it, the more tedious the relationship elements become. The good news is that the chapters on the DVD are set up in such a way that when you skip a relationship chapter, it jumps exactly to the next great action scene.

Heat is about a half hour too long.They should have totally eliminated the love interest of DeNiro - as it was pointless in the plot.
I've watched the movie 10 times. The more times you watch it, the more tedious the relationship elements become. The good news is that the chapters on the DVD are set up in such a way that when you skip a relationship chapter, it jumps exactly to the next great action scene.
The relationship with his wife(s) was crucial IMO. Really made you understand Pacino's motivation. "Keeps me sharp, on the edge, where I need to be." That whole scene when he comes back to pick up his wife at the eatery was one of the best in the movie. Don't think Pacino's character resonates as well if you don't see his desolving personal life.DeNiro leaves bodies in his wake Pacino his wives (personal life).

Love the movie but how the heck does Kilmer drive off at the end? No one knows what he looks like or has photos?

Love the movie but how the heck does Kilmer drive off at the end? No one knows what he looks like or has photos?
That's the one thing that still bugs me about this otherwise totally awesome flick. Even with the different haircut, there is no way they wouldn't recognize him.

That's the one thing that still bugs me about this otherwise totally awesome flick. Even with the different haircut, there is no way they wouldn't recognize him.
I took it as a beat cop not really knowing his face as well as the principles like Bubba.

I find it hard to believe that Vincent's operation would depend on a beat cop identifying Chris on the street like that, especially after that shoot-out following the bank heist. Theoretically, Neil could have been there with a fake ID and they would have let him go, too. :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread