What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help me acquire Mahomes (1 Viewer)

titusbramble

Footballguy
Have been trying to liquidate some of my RB assets into improving the rest of my team - my line up right now at skill positions is:

Rivers, Fitzmagic - Conner, Kamara, McCaffrey, Mixon - Sanders, Boyd, Watkins, Tate, Coutee, Sutton - Uzomah

League is single season 2RB/2WR/flex with no PPR. Have been trying to either secure a WR1 or stop streaming TE's with one guy who's clearly clueless and/or overvaluing his assets and position, but I could probably do something with another owner who has this:

Mahomes, Luck - DJohnson, Mack, Henry, McGuire - Green, Cooks, Ridley, JBrown, Sanu - Kelce, Njoku

If you're the second guy, what would you be wanting from my team to give up Mahomes? I've chucked out McCaffrey, Tate and Boyd for Mahomes and Njoku, but if you were him and you don't think that'd get it done, what would you counter with that you'd be fine if I accepted?

You'll need to toss in a QB, I would toss in Rivers but would easily give up Fitzmagic if that is who they want. I would leave Njoku out as they need him to cover Kelce's bye. A Qb, CMC and Boyd should do the trick.

Nice RB corps you have there. ?

Is this start 2QB?  If it's just start 1 then he doesn't need Rivers from you since he has Luck also, who's already had his bye and is top 5 already this year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I'd stick with your RB core. You are good enough elsewhere, that those RB's will carry you, and if 1 gets hurt, you'll regret losing that depth. 

beerbuff said:
You'll need to toss in a QB, I would toss in Rivers but would easily give up Fitzmagic if that is who they want. I would leave Njoku out as they need him to cover Kelce's bye. A Qb, CMC and Boyd should do the trick.
Fitzmagic, CMC, and Boyd feels like a huge overpay for Mahomes. I wouldn't do McCaffrey for Mahomes straight up personally.

Nice RB corps you have there. ?

Is this start 2QB?  If it's just start 1 then he doesn't need Rivers from you since he has Luck also, who's already had his bye and is top 5 already this year. 
But with Mahomes he wouldn't need three QB's so giving up one is no big deal.

Honestly, I'd stick with your RB core. You are good enough elsewhere, that those RB's will carry you, and if 1 gets hurt, you'll regret losing that depth. 

Fitzmagic, CMC, and Boyd feels like a huge overpay for Mahomes. I wouldn't do McCaffrey for Mahomes straight up personally.
It might be overpay but if he wants Mahomes that is what it would take. I know in my main league I have Mahomes and am 9-0 because of him (and a few good WR's), I have crap for RB's Sony, Aaron Jones, Duke and Jalen Richard and wouldn't give up Mahomes for anything less than what I suggested.

I don't like including Boyd because he is arguably your best WR moving forward.  You are thin at that position so I would try and keep Sanders/Boyd as your starters and roll with three RB's.  

I would do his choice of RB (except Kamara), Watkins (or Tate), QB for Mahomes if you really wanted Mahomes. 

Personally I think your Qb's are fine and would look more to improve at WR and TE and focus on that. 

Users who are viewing this thread