What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help me diagnose this refrigerator problem - water running in ice maker (1 Viewer)

top dog

Footballguy
In 2020 we bought a new GE French door style fridge. Two ice makers. One in the door, one down below. Water and ice dispenser in the door. The ice maker started leaking in the door. Water was dripping down on the shutoff arm causing it to freeze up. I ordered a new one on Amazon and replaced it. Thought the problem was fixed. Fast forward about 3 weeks. Now this one is doing the same thing except worse. I made a claim for a replacement part from Amazon and am waiting for the ice maker to be delivered.

in the past couple days the leaking got worse. To a point where you would get water from the dispenser and shortly after removing your glass water just pours out. It seems that when you get water from the water dispenser, water is flowing into the ice maker whether you need it or not. The ice maker was completely frozen, same as the ice bin. I disconnected the ice maker and removed it from inside the door. Water STILL flows out when the dispenser is used. I thought maybe it was the double water inlet on the back and almost ordered one. But now I'm thinking it is whatever tell the valve to open for the ice maker that isn't working.

Any thoughts?

The warranty seems to be either one or two years, except for the sealed system which is five years. There are YouTube videos on how to do basci repairs if you can describe the problem on Google.

Any thoughts?
Check the warranty toot sweet.
One year. :kicksrock:
You sure it's one year for everything in the fridge? My dishwasher (Samsung) had a 1-year warranty on everything except 5-years on all "linear motion parts". It messed up at about 2 years but our specific problem was covered, and still covered for 3 more years. It's worth checking.

The warranty seems to be either one or two years, except for the sealed system which is five years. There are YouTube videos on how to do basci repairs if you can describe the problem on Google.

Definitely out of warranty. I guess I have to find a service person.

We’re sorry.​

Online scheduling is not available for out of warranty products in your area.​

Please call 1-800-GE-CARES (432-2737) and we can help you find an authorized servicer in your area.

Users who are viewing this thread