What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help save the Potato Cakes (1 Viewer)

Binky The Doormat

Footballguy
While on my sabbatical, I discovered a valiant effort on the twitter to encourage Arby's to bring back their potato cakes - which they recently dropped ...in favor of pushing crinkle/curly fries and $60 bottles of Arby's branded "curly fry" vodka.  Bastards.

Talk about taking your eye off the ball.  

Too many food retailers are trying to emulate Wendy's edgy, snarky social media presence and whiffing like a mo'fo.  

I've been a fan of Arby's from wayyyy back - I mean, all the way when they had a giant hunk of real roast beef rotating in the lighted glass heat case.  And the jamocha shakes had way too much coffee flavor than chocolate (which was awesome).

Yes, the quality has gone down, but you could still get a semi-coffee tasting jamocha shake, a couple roast beef and dunk them in Arby's and Horsey sauce AND more importantly get those hot, fresh-out-of-the-fryer potato cakes.  And dunk them in the Arby's sauces.

This courageous twitter effort is led by @NoMoreCrinkles and if it makes any difference ...is also followed by one of our local heroes - @Dan Lambskin

If not for yourself ...for the sake of the children.  Join this righteous cause.  Help right this wretched wrong. 

We don't need your dollars - just your heart and your effort.  

Thank you.

yeah well ...I don't remember so well anymore!!!!!

So what??  Is that a crime???

Does that lessen the need for the cause???

Maybe the need overtakes the duplication ...huh ...Osaurus??   Ever think about that man????

ETA: to Osauras ...who posted the "thinking" reaction ...it's schtick (though I truly had forgotten about that thread) - lighten up Francis

Last edited by a moderator:
I say Curly Fries and Potato cakes exist equally on the same level. When we went to Arbys, I would get the curly and my wife loved the cakes. Throw some Arby sauce on them---mmmmmmm.. 

The Arby's crinkle fry is frankly an abomination against nature.

Arby's is one of the few restaurants that actually send great coupons. Some of the coupons are so good, it makes me feel like I am stealing from them. Their gyros are actually pretty good too. 

To be fair, the crinkle fries aren’t bad, probably a mid tier fast food fry, but the potato cakes were such a unique item…that’s what makes their loss so tough 

To be fair, the crinkle fries aren’t bad, probably a mid tier fast food fry, but the potato cakes were such a unique item…that’s what makes their loss so tough 

we aren't budging Dan ...you can say that here but not at that "other" place - you of all people know that

PS - didn't mean to bogart your thread - I was gone for awhile here and completely forgot why I got to the twitter movement in the first place

thanks 

even though you can never be forgiven for drafting "Eric ####### Ebron" in the 3rd rd when Shuke and I gave you keys for one pick. 

It’s been a long time since I ate Arby’s. It’s good, but I get massive heartburn every time I eat it. Also, while the potato cakes are good, their curly fries are better.

I saw Arby's ending potato cakes and I was disappointed.  They are awesome and a nice change from fries.   I don't know if they are better than curly fries, but they were always different and very delicious.  I will miss them

What is a potato cake?  Like a latke?  I think I’ve eaten arbys twice? In my life. 

picture ...think of a larger tater tot ...or thicker McDonalds hash brown patty.

they always cooked them to order so they were right out of the fryer - hot, crispy, but soft middle

ETA:  guess you could say they are very similar to latkes - which are also delicious, crispy fried shredded potatoes

Last edited by a moderator:
Potato cakes were pretty good, but I rarely got them. The crinkle fries are good and a nice alternative to their curly fries. The curly fries are good, too, just kinda tired of them.

Users who are viewing this thread