What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Her Dog Made Me a Dog Person. Today He Passed Away. (1 Viewer)

ClownCausedChaos2

Footballguy
I didn't grow up with dogs and never understood the connection with them.  When I met my wife 10 years ago, I was introduced to Marley (named for Bob Marley, not for the movie), her Cardigan Welsh Corgi.  We moved in together and got married.  I tolerated Marley.  We got along fine, I guess.  He was a good dog, and I didn't admit that her grew on me.

We had two son and not knowing much about dogs, I worried about how Marley would act around him.  Marley immediately took to our son.  We had another son and Marley took to him too.  Marley grew on me a little more.  Our sons became toddlers and Marley played ball with them. Our boys loved Marley.  He made them laugh and seemed tireless no matter how long they wanted to play with him.  I grew to love Marley for the joy that he brought them.

We lost Marley today at the age of 14.  He was a great dog.  The best I've ever known.  And the only one I have ever loved.  RIP Marley.

Thank you all for letting me get that out.

When I was 6 or 7 my dad, who HATED dogs, brought home a beagle pup.  When I said, "Dad...you hate dogs.  Why did you get me a puppy?" he said "Because I love you more than I hate dogs."  My Dad and I built Scrappy a dog house out of scrap lumber (he worked at a mill).  Scrappy was with us for only a few weeks and got away from us, found some anti-freeze in the neighbor's garage, and was no more.

I've NEVER been a pet guy, ever since that day.  Most dogs are dirty, annoying, crap everywhere.  There have been a few dogs friends have owned that I liked...my best buddy has a little ####zu that I love cause she's clean and loves me.  But mostly I've been anti-pet, anti-dog.

However, as I've matured I've grown to realize that the majority of people who have pets love those pets with all of their hearts and the pets are truly part of their families.  I don't have to understand it, but I do appreciate it.

RIP Marley.  Condolences CCC2.

When I was 6 or 7 my dad, who HATED dogs, brought home a beagle pup.  When I said, "Dad...you hate dogs.  Why did you get me a puppy?" he said "Because I love you more than I hate dogs."  My Dad and I built Scrappy a dog house out of scrap lumber (he worked at a mill).  Scrappy was with us for only a few weeks and got away from us, found some anti-freeze in the neighbor's garage, and was no more.

I've NEVER been a pet guy, ever since that day.  Most dogs are dirty, annoying, crap everywhere.  There have been a few dogs friends have owned that I liked...my best buddy has a little ####zu that I love cause she's clean and loves me.  But mostly I've been anti-pet, anti-dog.

However, as I've matured I've grown to realize that the majority of people who have pets love those pets with all of their hearts and the pets are truly part of their families.  I don't have to understand it, but I do appreciate it.

RIP Marley.  Condolences CCC2.
Thanks for sharing.  I can completely understand where you're coming from.  While I loved Marley, he was a pet to me.  He was a part of our home, but he was a pet.  Our 8 year old son woke up this morning crying and my wife said she didn't sleep, because she kept waiting to hear Marley stirring in the middle of the night or his nails clicking across the floor as he went to the kitchen to get a drink.  I'm sad, but seeing them truly mourn his passing is the hardest part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread