What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hey Michigan fans! Ohio State 7 players (1 Viewer)

Deuceman

Footballguy
:excited:

:eek:

Even Eric Smith from MSU was drafted ahead of Gabe Watson and Jason Avant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michigan had very few seniors, right? No one was dumb enough to declare early for the draft....OSU had a bunch of seniors and a couple leave early. This is no suprise to me.

:goodposting:

Michigan had very few seniors, right? No one was dumb enough to declare early for the draft....OSU had a bunch of seniors and a couple leave early. This is no suprise to me.
Michigan lost very few players from last year and should be much improved next season...

They just closed the gap with Watson & Avant getting picked. 5 more to go.

As a Michigan fan, I'm thrilled. Our team was young and stayed in school. OSU just lost a lot of talent. :excited:

If only Lloyd Carr would go pro!

Michigan had very few seniors, right?  No one was dumb enough to declare early for the draft....OSU had a bunch of seniors and a couple leave early.  This is no suprise to me.
Michigan lost very few players from last year and should be much improved next season...
They won't be though.

unds like sour grapes. Where's the objectivity?

Michigan had very few seniors, right?  No one was dumb enough to declare early for the draft....OSU had a bunch of seniors and a couple leave early.  This is no suprise to me.
I agree they will be better. Last year was uncharacteristic of a Mighigan team. They'll be back and the rivalry will be better than ever.

As a Michigan fan, I'm thrilled. Our team was young and stayed in school. OSU just lost a lot of talent. :excited:

OSU lost sooooo much talent that they are the pre-season #1. :rolleyes:

I agree they will be better. Last year was uncharacteristic of a Mighigan team. They'll be back and the rivalry will be better than ever.
:yes: Anyone who follows bg Blue knows this was a "down year" for Michigan.

Avant isn't really that great a player, but Watson has the talent to be great. Poor work ethic pushed him low. Another great pick for the Cardinals.

Buckeyes have had quite a few good classes lately. Even though we don't like to admit it, there's good stuff going on in Columbus.

I haven't read up on the upcoming season much.What trophy do they get for that? ;)

Because that preseason ranking is important. ;) I don't think anyone is saying Michigan is going to be #1, just that they should improve on last season's performance and the loss of talent could hurt OSU. I can't wait until Carr is gone! :thumbup:

As a Michigan fan, I'm thrilled.  Our team was young and stayed in school.  OSU just lost a lot of talent.   :excited:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you referring to the same rankings last year that had Tennessee #3 overall?? How would you EVER make this statement after the terrible preseason polls the last 4-5 years. I am not comparing OSU to Tennessee in any way. I am just saying that preseason polls mean squat. Might as well say, "Look at the Joe Schmuck poll. They have OSU never losing a game ever again." What does that really mean??

As a Michigan fan, I'm thrilled.  Our team was young and stayed in school.  OSU just lost a lot of talent.  :excited:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you referring to the same rankings last year that had Tennessee #3 overall?? How would you EVER make this statement after the terrible preseason polls the last 4-5 years. I am not comparing OSU to Tennessee in any way. I am just saying that preseason polls mean squat. Might as well say, "Look at the Joe Schmuck poll. They have OSU never losing a game ever again." What does that really mean??
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sweet, the -OZ- poll has Kansas #1 and Michigan #2 :D ;)

It was probably a bad weekend for the Ohio State players drafted after round one, as I'm sure they will be taking a pay cut.

OSU used to crank out pros like they were candy under John Cooper but they never won anything. Not really sure I see the significance of this.

also, how many Michigan players were drafted? were Gabe Watson, Jason Avant, and Tim Massaquoi the only 3? Title of the thread needs to be updated.

Lastly, the only thing that seems to matter in the OSU/Michigan rivalry is that Tressel > Carr > Cooper. Until Michigan gets a new coach, they will probably continue to come up just short.

As a Michigan fan, I'm thrilled.  Our team was young and stayed in school.  OSU just lost a lot of talent.   :excited:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good question. Most likely it'll mean another loss for Michigan if it goes like it has recently. :boxing:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good question. Most likely it'll mean another loss for Michigan if it goes like it has recently. :boxing:
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's pretty much a given that Michigan will lose on a regular basis as long as Carr is there. Don't think it really has anything to do with the players on the field. I agree with Rudnicki's assessment. I never realized how BAD Cooper was until he was gone. It's hard work making Carr look that good for so long. In the end, Cooper was the end of OSU fans and will be the end of Michigan fans. He made Carr look like a genius and somehow bought him the time he is on now :wall:

Yep yep. OSU has had some great classes the last several years. Kudos to them. They've been strong for awhile now, and Michigan has been faltering. Looking on the bright side of things, I'm hoping that few Michigan players being drafted means most stayed in school and will give us one helluva year this year! :pics:

All that talent and they finished 9-2.  Should be on track for 8-3 this year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:unsure: well, i think Troy Smith will be a lot better out of the gate this season.
It was probably a bad weekend for the Ohio State players drafted after round one, as I'm sure they will be taking a pay cut.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:lmao:
OSU used to crank out pros like they were candy under John Cooper but they never won anything. Not really sure I see the significance of this.

also, how many Michigan players were drafted? were Gabe Watson, Jason Avant, and Tim Massaquoi the only 3? Title of the thread needs to be updated.

Lastly, the only thing that seems to matter in the OSU/Michigan rivalry is that Tressel > Carr > Cooper. Until Michigan gets a new coach, they will probably continue to come up just short.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:yes:

Colin Cowherd is ripping Michigan a new one. Apparently since 2000 (6 year span) Wisconsin has had more players drafted than Michigan despite the fact Michigan year in and year out has a top 10 recruiting class. What does that say about Carr and his staff and their ability to develop players.

Colin Cowherd is ripping Michigan a new one.  Apparently since 2000 (6 year span) Wisconsin has had more players drafted than Michigan despite the fact Michigan year in and year out has a top 10 recruiting class.  What does that say about Carr and his staff and their ability to develop players.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hell...they don't have to develop players. Once they are gone from Michigan, they do well in the NFL. The talent is there with virtually no help from Carr and his crew. Carr simply doesn't know how to utilize them. It's been that way for a very long time and if it weren't for that trainwrecker Cooper, Carr would have been gone long ago.

I'm a UM fan and obviously want Carr to move on (see post above), but he's won a national title and been to three Rose Bowls in the last nine years. That buys you time and lots of it. He wins because of the talent not coaching. The program, the uniforms, the history and the stadium help him get that talent pretty easily. He wins in spite of his coaching not because of it. But he does win just enough to keep his job.

The problem is he always hits a bump in the road...often early in the season and recently late in the year against OSU. Still, it may be a few more years of important losses sandwiched into decent records before he finally gets canned.

On the off-chance he does put another perfect season together and gets a second national title...it'll be like trying to get rid of a Supreme Court justice. You won't be able to do it. But I maybe could live with that if he gets results that defy my expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread