What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

High School Football, 2019 Early Rankings (1 Viewer)

A year later, I feel these tax reforms

• are fair, well thought out, and have a great impact on America

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • will not make much a difference, positive or negative

• will have more negative impacts on the country than positive

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • were a gift to corporations and super wealthy

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • (I love them)

• (Indifferent)

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • (I hate them)

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
(Note, multiple options can be selected in the poll)

I want to have this discussion with normal people, I'd like this thread to stay here, and possibly cloaked from any PSF regular (hence the title). 

The subject really revolves around taxing the super rich, as I've been reading more and more about this subject lately. 

The top tax bracket for a Single is $500k, which has a rate of 37%, is there a certain income threshold you feel that number should go up, such as income over $10mm/$50mm/$100mm etc.? 

On another note, corporate tax rates went from 34% to 21%, are you a fan of this or should they go back up?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t say I know anything about taxes or tax laws. But I know that I got about half what I usually get back this year so that kind of sucks. 

I want to have this discussion with normal people, I'd like this thread to stay here, and possibly cloaked from any PSF regular

The subject really revolves around taxing the super rich, as I've been reading more and more about this subject lately. 

The top tax bracket for a Single is $500k, which has a rate of 37%, is there a certain income threshold you feel that number should go up, such as income over $10mm/$50mm/$100mm etc.? 

On another note, corporate tax rates went from 34% to 21%, are you a fan of this or should they go back up?
FC42, normal people are political. You can be through with politics, but politics isn't through with you. I don't make political comments really anymore because the topics don't make me happy, but bringing up income tax rates is inherently political.  

FC42, normal people are political. You can be through with politics, but politics isn't through with you. I don't make political comments really anymore because the topics don't make me happy, but bringing up income tax rates is inherently political.  
Conversation is about money, we're keeping politics and what is done with that money out of this conversation. 

ETA: & that PSF really has turned into a liberal echo chamber, simply curious what normal people think about taxes, being that tis the season. Also, normal people don't argue about politics on the internet for 6 hours daily.

Conversation is about money, we're keeping politics and what is done with that money out of this conversation. 
Ah, okay. But I'd say that the control of government over wages is itself a political issue, and I don't think I'm wrong. 

But carry on then. I see the title is, um, interesting. If that's the case then I think the tax cut was both

• bad
  • a gift to the wealthy and to corporations 

ETA: & that PSF really has turned into a liberal echo chamber, simply curious what normal people think about taxes, being that tis the season. Also, normal people don't argue about politics on the internet for 6 hours daily.
Regardless of how the money is spent, the rate schedule is a political issue.

Also, normal people don't monitor the internet usage of complete strangers.

Users who are viewing this thread