What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hindsight 2019 rookie 0.5 ppr (1 Viewer)

IHEARTFF

Footballguy
Maybe pointless, but curious what a half pt ppr 19 rookie draft would look like now after a season. Where do you guys see it now?

1 J Jacobs rb

2 AJ Brown we

3 M Sanders rb

4 T McLaurin we

5 D Singletary rb

6 M Brown we

7 DK Metcalf we

8 D Samuel wr

9  N Fant te

10 N Harry wr

11 D Johnson wr

12 D Montgomery rb

13 A Mattison rb

14 K Murray qb

15 M Hartman we

16 TJ Hockenson te

17 D Jones qb

18 D Henderson rb

19 P Williams wr

20 JJ AW wr

21 J Hill rb

22 H Renfrow wr

23 P Campbell wr

24 D Slayton wr

25 D Haskins qb

26 D Lock qb

27 D Harris rb

28 I Smith te

29 T Pollard rb

30 G Minshew qb

Definitely think the top 4 is a lock in whatever order you might prefer (I might argue Brown over Jacobs because of the lack of targets in the passing game for Jacobs) 

Interesting exercise. As for that top four, I think I'm still stuck on Brown's QB situation in Tennessee and might elevate Sanders and McLaurin over him, but that's also me elevating RBs and just flat loving McLaurin's game. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely think the top 4 is a lock in whatever order you might prefer (I might argue Brown over Jacobs because of the lack of targets in the passing game for Jacobs) 

Interesting exercise. As for that top four, I think I'm still stuck on Brown's QB situation in Tennessee and might elevate Sanders and McLaurin over him, but that's also me elevating RBs and just flat loving McLaurin's game. 
Top 4 has to be the consensus top 4 for sure.  

My opinion, F1’s game is nasty for sure but his QB situation is more in doubt then AJ’s. Miles looks like a committee back with flash. Jacobs is nice but doesn’t scream elite.  AJ just looks like he’s scratching the surface of what he’s capable of, I wouldn’t be shocked if everyone has him in the best WR in the league discussion by year 3.  When it all settles out I have them 1-AJ, 2- F1, 3- Jacobs and 4- Miles.  

Glad this is getting a little discussion now. Interesting that you all agree with the top 4 but not order. The biggest revelation I found when I went through this exercise was how deep the WR class ended up being. Slayton and Renfrow and Unicorn really added depth to the 2nd round. None of those guys were on my radar back in the summer although I recall some people here were on them. 

Glad this is getting a little discussion now. Interesting that you all agree with the top 4 but not order.
I was more keeping form so as to not set the template but to keep the discussion going. I might push Singletary in there after his rookie performance because I value backs so much...

No, wait, I like the initial grouping of the first five even, easily.  

This list is too high for McLaurin and Hollywood, and not high enough for Hockenson and Harry in my opinion 
That’s fair. I could be convinced that I should not have moved Hockenson and Harry down as far as I did and still count on their talent and draft positions more so. As far as McLaurin, he showed us a lot this year and I tend to see that as a draft miss and correct up quickly. Hollywood is basically unchanged slightly up based on some early success. 

That’s fair. I could be convinced that I should not have moved Hockenson and Harry down as far as I did and still count on their talent and draft positions more so. As far as McLaurin, he showed us a lot this year and I tend to see that as a draft miss and correct up quickly. Hollywood is basically unchanged slightly up based on some early success. 
I think Hock and Harry are pretty close to where they belong based on what we've seen out of them this season.  Apart from Week 1, Hock has done essentially nothing.  Harry hasn't even done that.

I’m trying not to be a homer when I say this, but I wouldn’t take McLaurin over Singletary.  I would barely take Sanders over Singletary. 
And Jacobs is the 1.1 by a good amount still.  RB’s like him are hard to find in dynasty.  

Not sure how you can have JJAW over Slayton. When Slayon got his chance, he balled with 690/8 and a penchant for big plays. JJSAW got the opportunity of a lifetime and fell on his face.

Preston Williams 1.01, I don't care how you order the rest.  

Not really but that's my boy.  I'd put him at 5 for sure in this list if we kept your order. 

Maybe pointless, but curious what a half pt ppr 19 rookie draft would look like now after a season. Where do you guys see it now?

1 J Jacobs rb

2 AJ Brown we

3 M Sanders rb

4 T McLaurin we

5 D Singletary rb

6 M Brown we

7 DK Metcalf we

8 D Samuel wr

9  N Fant te

10 N Harry wr

11 D Johnson wr

12 D Montgomery rb
I’d swap Terry and Singletary personally, but otherwise I mostly agree with all these.  Still mad that I went with Deebo over AJB solely bc I already have Corey Davis and didn’t want to be too invested in TN passing game.  Should have drafted Brown and flat out dropped Davis, idiot!

Other than my comment I decided to take a crack at a top15

1. Josh Jacobs

2. Miles Sanders

3. AJ Brown

4. Terry McLaurin

5. Preston Williams

6. DK Metcalf

7. Deebo Samuel

8. Devin Singletary

9. TJ Hockenson

10. N'Keal Harry

11. Kyler Murray

12. Daniel Jones

13. Mecole Hardman

14. David Montgomery

15. Noah Fant

I think this is how I'd view it based on their rookie years and long term outlook.  It's actually pretty close to what I had pre-draft process in terms of guys I had in my top10.  

5 of my top7 pre-draft WR's are still on this list.  3 out of 4 of my top RB's made this list as well.  Add in 2 TE's and 2 QB's you have 15 players.  Which all of these players were in my top20 except for McLaurin, Daniel Jones, and Hardman.  

Users who are viewing this thread