What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hollywod and Pro Wrestling (1 Viewer)

ZenoRazon

Footballguy
Help me out here.

Mike Mazurki......probably been in more movies than any wrestler.

Lenny Montana....big guy in The Godfather

Hard Boiled Haggarty

Tor Johnson

Judo Gene LeBell

Professor  Taru Tanaka

Terry Funk

Andre the Giant

Big John Studd

John Cena

Goldberg

Rowdy Roddy Piper

Pepper Martin

Mil Mascaras

El Santo

Edge

Dean Ambrose

Hulk Hogan

Steve Austin

Johnny Mundo

Triple H

Kevin Nash

The Miz

Ox Baker

Earl "Mr. Universe" Maynard

Samson Burke

Shaemus

Jeep Swenson

Dave Bautista

Randy Orton

Rob Van Dam

The Rock

Primo Carnera

Who did I miss?

True Story

Back in the day there was a short lived wrestling promotion here in Cali, they did have a TV. They had a few"name" guy but mostly  "Wildman" Jack Armstrong. Steve Strong...???  One of the  "name" was Professor Taru Tanaka, he'd come out with the Goldfinger  theme,  yep, playing him up as Oddjob.....but he wasn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Football and wrestlers?

All these guys played football at West Texas State.

Tully Blanchard  QB

Bruisier Brody

Stan Hansen

Tito Santana

Dusty Rhodes

Ted Dibiase

Dory Funk

Terry Funk

Manny Fernandez

How about pro footballer/wrestler?

What would you like to know? Just a list of names, or is there any discussion to be had?

Hollywood: Wrestlers in the business long enough have the opportunity to get picked up in other acting roles.

Football: Athletes that don't cut it in the pros have a good base for becoming a pro wrestler.

Also, you can join us in the wrasslethread instead of post a new topic if you want more focused discussion.

What would you like to know? Just a list of names, or is there any discussion to be had?

Hollywood: Wrestlers in the business long enough have the opportunity to get picked up in other acting roles.

Football: Athletes that don't cut it in the pros have a good base for becoming a pro wrestler.

Also, you can join us in the wrasslethread instead of post a new topic if you want more focused discussion.
You did fine.

I didn't want to have this get in the way of more serious talk in the wrestling thread.

Keith R said:
You listed Tor Johnson... George the Animal Steele played Tor Johnson in the Ed Wood biopic.
Add Animal Steele.

The Swedish Angel and Tor Johnson have always intrigued me.

I don't want my silliness getting in the way over in the wrestling thread, so.....

***** Trivia *****

1.Was billed as a big badass German but was actually a Texan who played football at SMU, who?

2.Three tagteams that used three guys?

3.Give me 20  brothers in the biz real or imagined.

4.Give me 10 Cowboys.

5.Give me the wrestler who recorded an album, a guy with legit talent.

I don't want my silliness getting in the way over in the wrestling thread, so.....

***** Trivia *****

1.Was billed as a big badass German but was actually a Texan who played football at SMU, who?

2.Three tagteams that used three guys?

3.Give me 20  brothers in the biz real or imagined.

4.Give me 10 Cowboys.

5.Give me the wrestler who recorded an album, a guy with legit talent.
1. Fritz Von Erich?

2. Freebirds, Demolition, New Day

3. Funks, Von Erichs (2 generations), Steiners, Harts, Rougeaus, Armstrongs, Beverlys*, Andersons, Hardys, Guerreros, Valentines* (were actually father/son but initially promoted as brothers), Harlem Heat, Mulkeys, Briscoes, Goldust/Cody, DiBiases (Ted Sr.'s sons), Usos, Randy Savage/Lanny Poffo, Bray Wyatt/Bo Dallas, Gilberts.

4. Terry Funk, Blackjack Mulligan, Ron Bass, Bob Orton Jr., Lance Cade, Barry Windham, Black Bart, Bobby Duncam Jr., Billy Gunn, JBL.

5. Michael P.S. Hayes. (Jimmy Hart too but technically not a wrestler).

1. Fritz Von Erich?.......................BINGO~

2. Freebirds, Demolition, New Day.........Demolitian???

3. Funks, Von Erichs (2 generations), Steiners, Harts, Rougeaus, Armstrongs, Beverlys*, Andersons, Hardys, Guerreros, Valentines* (were actually father/son but initially promoted as brothers), Harlem Heat, Mulkeys, Briscoes, Goldust/Cody, DiBiases (Ted Sr.'s sons), Usos, Randy Savage/Lanny Poffo, Bray Wyatt/Bo Dallas, Gilberts................add Neilsons, Brunetti's. Basteins, Fargo's. Stanlees, Lisowski's. Valiants, Vachons, LeDuc;s. Torres.

4. Terry Funk, Blackjack Mulligan, Ron Bass, Bob Orton Jr., Lance Cade, Barry Windham, Black Bart, Bobby Duncam Jr., Billy Gunn, JBL.........add Bob Ellis, Bill Watts, **** Hutton, Stan Hansen, Blackjack Lanza, Tex McKenzise, Wild Bill Irwin, Scott "Hog" Irwin,

5. Michael P.S. Hayes. (Jimmy Hart too but technically not a wrestler)....add  Sweet Daddy Siki.

Great Job!!!

More?

I thought Crush replaced Ax as opposed to a threesome.
From the wiki: he was added as cover for Bill Eadie (Ax) who was getting sick a lot due to an allergy.  Vince was worried that Ax might be out a long time.  Eventually Ax moved into more of a managerial role and less of a pure wrestling role.

From the wiki: he was added as cover for Bill Eadie (Ax) who was getting sick a lot due to an allergy.  Vince was worried that Ax might be out a long time.  Eventually Ax moved into more of a managerial role and less of a pure wrestling role.
Ax and Smash won the titles from Andre & Haku but during this reign were allowed to have any two defend the titles.  As has been said, the norm became Smash and Crush, with Ax sometimes getting involved.  A good example was their SNME match vs the Rockers.

1. Fritz Von Erich?.......................BINGO~

2. Freebirds, Demolition, New Day.........Demolitian???

3. Funks, Von Erichs (2 generations), Steiners, Harts, Rougeaus, Armstrongs, Beverlys*, Andersons, Hardys, Guerreros, Valentines* (were actually father/son but initially promoted as brothers), Harlem Heat, Mulkeys, Briscoes, Goldust/Cody, DiBiases (Ted Sr.'s sons), Usos, Randy Savage/Lanny Poffo, Bray Wyatt/Bo Dallas, Gilberts................add Neilsons, Brunetti's. Basteins, Fargo's. Stanlees, Lisowski's. Valiants, Vachons, LeDuc;s. Torres.

4. Terry Funk, Blackjack Mulligan, Ron Bass, Bob Orton Jr., Lance Cade, Barry Windham, Black Bart, Bobby Duncam Jr., Billy Gunn, JBL.........add Bob Ellis, Bill Watts, **** Hutton, Stan Hansen, Blackjack Lanza, Tex McKenzise, Wild Bill Irwin, Scott "Hog" Irwin,

5. Michael P.S. Hayes. (Jimmy Hart too but technically not a wrestler)....add  Sweet Daddy Siki.

Great Job!!!

More?
Thanks.  And yes, I'll take more challenges.  Just Bring It! 😉

Keith R

I can see you are on that ELITE level, so trying to stump you won;t be easy.  I can't just toss out what I would to the norm.

Later~~~

Ok......

1. Story goes he used to spar with Cassius Clay....who?

2. Played QB at West Texas State....who?

3.A junior college sprint champ....who?

4 Six  rasslers who were standout college wrestlers?

5.Give me 10 who were royalty, you know...Count, Lord, etc etc

Ok......

1. Story goes he used to spar with Cassius Clay....who?

2. Played QB at West Texas State....who?

3.A junior college sprint champ....who?

4 Six  rasslers who were standout college wrestlers?

5.Give me 10 who were royalty, you know...Count, Lord, etc etc
1. Don't think this is right but I'll guess Freddie Blassie.  I know he worked to get Ali ready for the Inoki fight.

2. Tully Blanchard

3. Can't even guess

4. Brock Lesnar, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Russ Haas, Dolph Ziggler, Verne Gagne

5. Lord Steven Regal, Baron Von Rasche, Sir William Dundee, Sir Oliver Humperdink, King Harley Race, Jerry the King Lawler, King Booker, Queen Sharmell, Squire Dave Taylor, Earl Robert Eaton.

3 out of 5.  Eh.

1. Don't think this is right but I'll guess Freddie Blassie.  I know he worked to get Ali ready for the Inoki fight.

2. Tully Blanchard

3. Can't even guess

4. Brock Lesnar, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Russ Haas, Dolph Ziggler, Verne Gagne

5. Lord Steven Regal, Baron Von Rasche, Sir William Dundee, Sir Oliver Humperdink, King Harley Race, Jerry the King Lawler, King Booker, Queen Sharmell, Squire Dave Taylor, Earl Robert Eaton.

3 out of 5.  Eh.
1.Rocky Johnson the father of The Rock, who was actually more buffed than his son is the answer. And part of his thing was boxing.

2. BOOM~

3. Funny thing here is right below the question you have Shelton Benjamin the sprinter.

4.Got it now,  add....Danny Hodge, Kurt Angle, Cowboy **** Hutton

5.Got it now, add...Baron Leoni,  Count Billy Varga, Lord Bliears, Lord Carlton, Lord Layton

All in all ya did pretty good, so good I have to work too hard for a guy like you. So thanks for playing and always cool to talk with someone who knows this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread